BESTA love and idea thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its the standard 16" deep Besta cabinet, I think the angle makes it look more extreme then it is. Nothing 1/4th I have so far is close to being too deep. Anything that will be like a Hulk probably won't fit height/width anyways.

Wow! They're 40cm deep? Must be an optical illusion.

Look forward to seeing the finished setup. Hard work that pays off :hi5:

Hey guys.

I am considering switching from Detolfs to Besta in order to display my Hot Toys figures, but I am sort of clueless about what to go for.

Does anyone know a Besta cabinet that has a shelf height / depth / width compareable to Detolf? More width is no real issue, but I'd prefer something close to detolf shelf height and depth.

My detolfs are perfect for me dimension wise (maybe a bit more width so I can display 3 figures without it being cramped, but that's it), but I love the classy look Bestas have over detolfs, hence the switch I may be doing.

Thanks in advance!

Edit: I will also be going for glass doors more than likely :)

Besta is not comparable to Detolf at all. You should look in the show your shelves forum to see collections using Besta to make up your mind. 1/6 figures can be stacked with an OFFSET (overlapping) shelf only in the deep Besta models.

Last edited:
Its sounds to me like Cingen would probably be happier with custom cabinets. Detolf vertical dimensions per shelf, wooden veneer, and Besta width. Of course if you don't simply want to stack figures shoulder to shoulder and on top of each other, the large Besta units make for an AMAZING diorama space. You can really have some dynamic poses and height variance in your dios that are simply not possible with the squat 15" of a Detolf shelf.

Its sounds to me like Cingen would probably be happier with custom cabinets. Detolf vertical dimensions per shelf, wooden veneer, and Besta width. Of course if you don't simply want to stack figures shoulder to shoulder and on top of each other, the large Besta units make for an AMAZING diorama space. You can really have some dynamic poses and height variance in your dios that are simply not possible with the squat 15" of a Detolf shelf.

My main issue is with the height of bestas to be honest.. Doesn't it look awkward to have a "small" figure like a 1/6 in such a high shelf?

Yes, unless you have overlapping shelf or a nice diorama. For overlapping shelf you place a shelf about 8-10" up from the bottom. That means the figures on the shelf (at the back) will have their legs slightly blocked by the figures below them (in front).

My main issue is with the height of bestas to be honest.. Doesn't it look awkward to have a "small" figure like a 1/6 in such a high shelf?

You could just buy more shelves and make each one shorter.

Can the wall mounted bestas support the same weight? I'd be terrified to put 50 lbs on that:horror

As long as they're mounted well. Mine are hung on the suspension rails with screws in studs and toggles in between + 14ga steel L bracket on the top that is also screwed into the studs and then to the top of them.

As long as a shelf doesn't give way, the wall mounting is totally solid as per jreycnc's description. The shelves are no weaker than if the cabinet were sitting on the floor.

Here is my BESTA with vassbo doors...

1E6F0CA4-FA0E-4FBD-A673-3CD0AC841DA7-1268-00000082CD759FF2_zps3edaba1a.jpg

Do they make a 3x1 VASSBO glass door? or are these 6 1x1 glass doors?

The picture looks like 2 3x1s.

That's 2 doors in the photo. My Ikea only has them without glass in that size, so that might have been done custom.

Has anybody fit the batman LSB into a Besta? I'd like for it to be in mine but i don''t think it'll will fit lol.

Anyone here with a lighted, wall-mounted Besta? My fear is that if I choose to do some lighting, I'll have a bunch of ugly wires hanging down.

You can run the wires in the wall, hide them behind some other wall decor, hide some of it behind or on top of the Besta and finally, you can also run wire inside a track, like wiremold which can be painted to match your wall.

Last edited:
Oh geeze, that's right. A wiremold. I totally forgot about those. I've seen them before, never used one though.

Then I guess the only thing is to choose the best lights!

Back