BESTA love and idea thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My brand new 1/6 Star Wars setup. These are in progress shots along with some detailed photos of what I do when I combine units together like I have done several times.

Here is an image of the tool that I used to make the holes. I have no clue what it is called but I found it at Lowes.
6138635135_9bac45c7fe_b.jpg

official term for them are pocket holes, the brand most known for them is Kreg.
if there is tension pulling on those shelves, I'd be careful about using pocket screws in ikea particle board material. they weren't really meant for that.

I just got some beach Bestas w/ the black vassbo doors and black legs. Looks pretty slick imo, I haven't seen anyone on here with that set up. Got the multi colored LED strips too. I'll try and get some pics in the next couple of days.

I just got some beach Bestas w/ the black vassbo doors and black legs. Looks pretty slick imo, I haven't seen anyone on here with that set up. Got the multi colored LED strips too. I'll try and get some pics in the next couple of days.

I got that set up as well I went with the metal legs. The doors are great since they are $15 less than the tombo doors which I have used for my other bestas. looks very classy, waiting on my LEDs to arrive will post pics this week

Can someone tell me who the owner of this pic is ? I want to know if it's reliable to place hulk pf on second shelf of the besta

I am having trouble finding something to fit my Boba Fett life-sized bust on. Does ikea have anything that could fit him in? I ask since there isn't an ikea even remotely near me.

Here are a couple of quick pictures. I am in the process of reworking my rooms so I have stuff where it doesnt belong right now but it should give you an idea of a way to get Fett to fit. You use a single 75 inch tall by 16 inch deep and a 75 inch tall by 7 inch unit connected together in the same way that I showed earlier. The only problem is Im using Vegby doors and those are no longer available unless you could possibly find some maybe.

6190861321_ca4eede970_b.jpg

6190864825_e6ae63d9d9_b.jpg

6190862371_44c63e27fb_b.jpg

I know this is an older pic but what was bought to achieve the "shelf" at the bottom?
It is one of drawers that they sell with the smaller Tombos on top of that. I dont know if I would do that personally I think I would rather have the extra display space.

Been meaning to update my shelves thread for a couple of years, and once Spooktacular is over, I likely will reorganize the whole thing, at least where things are located. But I though some of you might like to see my setup. Yes, I most definitely sacrificed display space at the bottoms, but I have an extensive comic book and hardcover collection that I wanted to enclose in there and yet still have access too.

Always a work in progress, but I pretty much love my setup:

watermark.php

watermark.php

The whole right side setup:

watermark.php

My pride and joy, signed by H.R. Giger, #135/500 (not $1000, got a deal from Toyrocket)

watermark.php

watermark.php

What's up besta lovers, I just wanted to share my new doors. So last week I needed to get another besta the medium 4 box size. I already have 2 medium with the tombo doors which are great bc they take advantage of the whole box to view your Collectibles they are 50$ each. So on this trip I went to ikea to pick up one besta specifically for my avengers PFs ( the ones that fit cap and hulk). I got the new vasso door which are (35$) and have a wood frame. They look nice and really make the bestas look classy however for some PF or Collectibles that are large in depth ( diameter) like the Hulk PF the door won't close. So that's really my only con. I ended up put 2 doors on each of my other bestas
7f4d067d.jpg

The tombo best in my opinion even though they are the most expensive
1427884c.jpg

Very nice display you have.
I agree the Tombo are better. To me the problem with the wooden frame is that though it makes the shelf look nicer the end all goal of these it to display and you lose some viewing angles with the wooden frame.

Hey guys quick question.I am moving to a new place and was thinking of putting my Detolfs on the Expedit laying down.I was hoping to use the last shelf of the Detolf that way.

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/20116274/

But I am just wondering would the Experdit support the detolfs weight, Was hoping to put 3 of them on it. or is this just a stupid idea?

thanks in advance for any help

Been meaning to update my shelves thread for a couple of years, and once Spooktacular is over, I likely will reorganize the whole thing, at least where things are located. But I though some of you might like to see my setup. Yes, I most definitely sacrificed display space at the bottoms, but I have an extensive comic book and hardcover collection that I wanted to enclose in there and yet still have access too.

Always a work in progress, but I pretty much love my setup:

watermark.php

watermark.php

The whole right side setup:

watermark.php

My pride and joy, signed by H.R. Giger, #135/500 (not $1000, got a deal from Toyrocket)

watermark.php

watermark.php

Nice and clean set up. I envy you. Sold my house and moved to different states for a job 6 years ago. living in an appartment now. No room for the Besta setup. Maybe one day when I have my house again

Hey guys quick question.I am moving to a new place and was thinking of putting my Detolfs on the Expedit laying down.I was hoping to use the last shelf of the Detolf that way.

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/20116274/

But I am just wondering would the Experdit support the detolfs weight, Was hoping to put 3 of them on it. or is this just a stupid idea?

thanks in advance for any help

I think is doable however I wouldn't trust the expedit with the weight of 3 detolfs

I for one think The vassbo looks better than tombo...

Buying some shelving next month...must make a decision!

Back