BESTA love and idea thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a matter of taste they both look great but I wish I could just go back and get the tomb instead of the vassbo I like the whole picture

Last edited:
oK Guys please answer me this. I have a couple of detolf's , they are nice and all but the figures get dusty. Do the bestas get dusty inside even if i put the door glasses. Otherwise i might as well do a custom shelves as Bestas intend to be expensive when u add the door glasses. Thnks

oK Guys please answer me this. I have a couple of detolf's , they are nice and all but the figures get dusty. Do the bestas get dusty inside even if i put the door glasses. Otherwise i might as well do a custom shelves as Bestas intend to be expensive when u add the door glasses. Thnks

You need to put foam tape around the gaps,dust will get in a besta even with doors

I have both and Bestas get dusty too but a bit slower so I use foam tapes on both and have been dust free since

I have both and Bestas get dusty too but a bit slower so I use foam tapes on both and have been dust free since

Yep that's the way to go I installed foam tape 8 months ago and the dust takes longer to get in. It's a cheap effective way to slow the process. Unless you have airtight cases your always going to get dust.

Thank u guys for u replies....i never thought of foam tapes. Thnks for the tip, i really aprecciate....:)

Would the New HT tumbler and 89 Batmobile fit in a besta?

You should be able to if you modify the height extension units to work. I bet it would take two of the full depth ones which are 16" deep put together in the same way that I showed earlier in the thread. The center would need to be removed. I would really like to get this new Tumbler and I will definitely be using Bestas to display them.

Wow fury and ecanes, those are some great setups. yours looks familiar fury, but I can't remember the last time I checked this thread.

I do think the new Vasbo (sp?) doors have a classier look but I do like that you have a wider range of view with the Tombos. Very tough decision as they both look great:clap

how were the vegby doors different from the tombos?

Just a word of warning for Besta owners who have the beech and walnut colors are being discontinued. They are discounted slightly at one of the IKEAs I have visited. I also believe that the Tombo doors that are like 10 X 75 inches are also being discontinued. Also the black and white units that arre 75 inches tall that are only like 7 inches deep are also suppose to be eventually discontinued.

Just a word of warning for Besta owners who have the beech and walnut colors are being discontinued. They are discounted slightly at one of the IKEAs I have visited. I also believe that the Tombo doors that are like 10 X 75 inches are also being discontinued. Also the black and white units that arre 75 inches tall that are only like 7 inches deep are also suppose to be eventually discontinued.

Damn! I have the Walnut colored Bestas and noticed that my Ikea has been out of stock since end of year. I hope they reconsider like they did with the Detolfs. If you don't mind me asking, where did you find/hear this info? I can't find anything using online search.

Last edited:
Damn! I have the Walnut colored Bestas and noticed that my Ikea has been out of stock since end of year. I hope they reconsider like they did with the Detolfs. If you don't mind me asking, where did you find/hear this info? I can't find anything using online search.

I go by my IKEA a good bit to check out ASIS and I noticed that lots of the Besta products had yellow tags. Whenever you see something that is yellow tagged that means that it will eventually be discontinued. I went up to someone there and asked about the black ones that are 75 inches tall and 7 inches deep and he told me that they were not getting anymore of them. I took a trip to Atlanta to stock up on each type. They had reduced the price by $10 at Atlanta. Depending on the store they will discount product they are discontinuing. I know Charlotte does not do that at all but Atlanta does. I went there to stock up on Vegby doors a couple years ago when those were discontinued.

I go by my IKEA a good bit to check out ASIS and I noticed that lots of the Besta products had yellow tags. Whenever you see something that is yellow tagged that means that it will eventually be discontinued. I went up to someone there and asked about the black ones that are 75 inches tall and 7 inches deep and he told me that they were not getting anymore of them. I took a trip to Atlanta to stock up on each type. They had reduced the price by $10 at Atlanta. Depending on the store they will discount product they are discontinuing. I know Charlotte does not do that at all but Atlanta does. I went there to stock up on Vegby doors a couple years ago when those were discontinued.

Thanks for the info! There is only one Ikea in MA and they are sold out of the Bestas. I can still buy online though.

2/14: Now there is no more available online!! :gah:

Last edited:
just picked up a couple of Besta shelves with the Tombo glass doors; however, I have a couple of issues. I followed the instructions to a tee but I can't get the glass doors to line up with each other properly; they're misaligned when I line up the two shelves together and they look weird.

Secondly, anyone find the shelves a little unstable? When I have all the glass doors opened with nothing inside (no statues or shelves,) the Besta tips over if I don't hold it back. Any comments would greatly appreciated.

Yeah, they definitely need to be fastened to the wall or you risk them tipping, especially if on legs like mine have. Mine are firmly attached to both the walls and each adjoining unit...

Back