Best Way to Complete Tony Stark?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just wanted to mention for those that need a body but don't like the ones available and are not willing to spend $90+ on a TT19, just find a cheap placeholder until the Iron Man 3 Tony Stark figure gets parted out. ;)
321343_10151218808877344_1615542634_n.jpg

Fantastic piece from Hot Toys once again. Pre-order here I come!

Yeah! I already sold my mk IV head months earlier.

This will be a suitable replacement. I'm excited to see how the
final sculpt will turn out. It's not so often that HT specifically points
to a specific part in their disclaimer.

I've also come across the following HS. I'm not sure if this is the official HS for the Mark IV figure. If not, is it just as good or comparable?

Hi
If u considering the one as url posted, I would suggest you to have a look on this HS, which is recast from HT, painting job is comparable with HT (95%). There are normal and BD ver as well

https://www.ebay.com.my/itm/221177503795?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

https://www.ebay.com.my/itm/221177505917?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

I kinda disagree on the print quality of the shirt. I feel like the print on the Asmus looks a bit to clean and thick, while the MCToys has the "distressed" look to the image that the film has. See-

AvengersStark.jpg

stark1.jpg

In my opinion, the only thing the Asmus has over the MC is the bracelets. But since he only has those for the end of the film anyway, I'd go with the MC.

Sallah

I have the MC version too for the same reasons as Sallah

MC version all the way for me.

Only thing I do not like is the MC shoes... very rough texture,
and not very pliable.

Actually the shoes are very compatible with the black sabbath custom.
Since shoes are not shown in the avengers, mc toys paired it pretty nicely.

The shoes are shown for an extremely brief moment when he lands at Stark Tower and the Mark VI suit is removed by the gantry. They are also shown when he talks to Loki at the bar. It doesn't appear that he is wearing the shoes by MC Toys in that scene. He is wearing those shoes when he and Pepper meet with Colson.

Regardless, I like the Asmus set with the MC shoes. I can always distress the Asmus shirt if it bothers me that much. At this point, it doesn't but I will customize some shoes. The Asmus shoes are fugly.

The shoes that come with the MC set fit the outfit perfectly. The shoes with Assmus set don't really match the outfit, which is why I went with the MC version.

A bit of news about the MC set at Monkey Depot, they said their MC sets should be arriving within a few weeks.

The MC shoes look awesome. I'm gonna custom paint a set of kicks to look like the MC ones. But I had to make a choice between the shoes vs the bracelets...I went with the bracelets.

Also, the MC tshirt and undershirt are 2 pieces. Th Asmuss ones are 1 piece I think. Just for those who want the option of the Tshirt only.
I prefer the weathered print look like in the movie.

The bracelets are really cool though. These will never be sold as a seperate piece :(

Ordered a MC set from Monkeydepot about a month ago, still not here.
Has anybody got it from them ?

Ordered a MC set from Monkeydepot about a month ago, still not here.
Has anybody got it from them ?

I ordered a couple sets from MD on 11/8, still nada.

screamingmetal said on 1-28:

A bit of news about the MC set at Monkey Depot, they said their MC sets should be arriving within a few weeks.

So here's hoping they ship soon.

To be specific, they said on the 25th:
Hello. We are expecting that with our next shipment , but we're not sure when it is going to arrive. Hopefully, in a few weeks or so. Thank you.

Hopefully soon.

Back