Best Way to Complete Tony Stark?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is my Tony Stark IM3 bash using the ACI Christian body with the MC Mechanic outfit. Did a paint wash on the arms and neck to match the hs. The outfit is a tight fit, but I refused to give up and got it on without ripping. :lol

9553042562_1454bb94d5_b.jpg

Here is my Tony Stark IM3 bash using the ACI Christian body with the MC Mechanic outfit. Did a paint wash on the arms and neck to match the hs. The outfit is a tight fit, but I refused to give up and got it on without ripping. :lol

9553042562_1454bb94d5_b.jpg

That bash rocks:rock:rock:rock

You just saved a couple hundred bucks cause that looks just like the hot toys version, that Christian body is a prefect fit for tony, even better than the ttm19 imo.

Awesome work brother, very well put together:clap:clap:clap

The quality is fine on the MC set, but like I said it's a little tight on both the World Box & ACI bodies. The shirt is a stretchy spandex material that hugs the torso. It was easy to put on the WB, but a pain in the a$$ for the ACI because of the shoulder articulation & design. Pants have a lot of detail and a slim fit. The waist is not too big on them, so sliding past the legs on the thigh is a bit tough. They looked horrible on the WB body because of that pecker they put on it. Made him look like he had a hard on with the velcro :slap The boots look great, but fit a little loose with pegs. I put some poster tack around the ankles to help stabilize the boots and keep them in place. Overall, I think the set works pretty well and worth a pickup.

Great, thanks! I'll either be getting this set or the clothing from the about to be released Stark figure. Good to know the quality is nice on this one, it looks good from the photos.

You could always sand off the pecker. ;)

Great, thanks! I'll either be getting this set or the clothing from the about to be released Stark figure. Good to know the quality is nice on this one, it looks good from the photos.

You could always sand off the pecker. ;)

:lol Yeah, I thought about that, but I really wanted to use the ACI body for this bash. I have my World Box figure in the Asmus Sabbath set, just waiting for the Tony Avengers hs. It looks fantastic in the outfit, so hopefully the hs arrives soon. I put the IM3 hs on it for this pic, so you can see the fit. I haven't done a paint wash on the WB body and you can see how light the skin color is. Once I get the new HS, then I will blend the neck color to match. :wink1:

9545387621_1ae2a169b4_c.jpg

That bash rocks:rock:rock:rock

You just saved a couple hundred bucks cause that looks just like the hot toys version, that Christian body is a prefect fit for tony, even better than the ttm19 imo.

Awesome work brother, very well put together:clap:clap:clap

That's a good looking TS right there. I love the pose with the pointing hand; fits his attitude well. Great job DA.

Thank you brothas :hi5:

:lol Yeah, I thought about that, but I really wanted to use the ACI body for this bash. I have my World Box figure in the Asmus Sabbath set, just waiting for the Tony Avengers hs. It looks fantastic in the outfit, so hopefully the hs arrives soon. I put the IM3 hs on it for this pic, so you can see the fit. I haven't done a paint wash on the WB body and you can see how light the skin color is. Once I get the new HS, then I will blend the neck color to match. :wink1:

9545387621_1ae2a169b4_c.jpg

What shoes is Tony wearing? I have the Asmus set and it came with the shiny dress shoes. Blech.

Hi guys, has anyone put the Mark VII tony head sculpt on any other type of body yet? will it even fit on one? it looks like it doesn't have the bottom rubber connecting piece but can you add one?

Okay, I got my Avengers Stark hs today and was able to take a few pics. I put my IM3 Tony together a couple of days ago and have some more pics with him too. I am extremely happy with how both figures turned out and just need my IM3 Centurion Armor now. :panic:

9563698539_f94e9a25a1_b.jpg

9563698627_3d8c9fe6b8_b.jpg

9563698683_0551290ba2_c.jpg

9566490056_70a8efccff_b.jpg

9553042562_1454bb94d5_z.jpg
9566490240_da0a137b46_z.jpg

9566490302_b06d9d6e91_z.jpg

9566490226_71724c516c_c.jpg

Those came out awesome brother, really digging the avengers stark bash the best, looks like a offical release:clap Both are well put together and top bashes, great work man:hi5:

Can anyone shed some light on this situation for me?

I purchased a MC Toys Black Sabbath set from a fellow boardie. I received it today and it looks great, but the screenprint is very, very dark... Almost like it's faded or something. If I stand five feet away, I can't see the print at all. Is this normal? Reason I'm asking is because I've seen tons of photos regarding this outfit and the design really pops in them, but the design on mine is kinda hard to see. It's strange, because the pattern shows up okay in photos, especially ones with flash, but without flash or the unaided eye... :dunno :gah:

I'm real confused! And I certainly don't wanna leave feedback without more information. :lol

No flash:

2dgt91j.png

2laxago.png

Flash:
9uxax2.png

Yea it's supposed to be that way. I think it definitely looks better than the Asmus set since it's supposed to be a vintage shirt from the 70's.
The printing on the Asmus is too heavy and would be prone to cracking over time, especially if the shirt is stretched a lot.

Back