Best/top 10 sideshow marvel statues

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Goes like this.:wink1:

1. Galactus (will be when released)
2. Spidey com
3. Venom com
4. Carnage com
5. Rhino com / Hulk maquette
6. X-men vs Sent. #1
7. Hulk vs Spidey dio
8. Wolverine vs Sabretooth dio (under-rated)
9. Punisher com
10. Thanos dio / & Hulk com

After collecting sideshow figures for 4 years, here is my list (I prefer exclusive versions):

1) Hulk PF (Green and Grey are both incredible)
2) Doctor Doom PF
3) Captain America Comic PF
4) Thor Comic PF
5) Iron Man VI Maquette
6) Ms. Marvel PF
7) Man Thing Comiquette
8) Spider Man Comiquette
9) Abomination PF
10) Black Panther PF / She Hulk PF (tie)

Honorable Mention:
Hulk Vs Spidey Dio
Gambit
Captain America vs Red Skull Dio
Hawkeye PF
Venom Comiquette
Punisher Comiquette
Captain America 1:1 Bust

hulk vs spiderman dio
doom pf
cap pf
venom comiq
spiderman comiq
carnage comiq
punisher comiq
skaar pf
gambit pf
spiderman pf

1. Doctor Doom PF (Ex.)
2. Thor PF (Don't Own)
3. X-Men vs. Sentinel #1 (Ex.)
4. Venom Comiquette
5. Spider- Man Comiquette
6. War Machine
7. Punisher Comquette
8. Red Skull PF (Don't Own)
9. Iron Man Maquette
10. Captain America PF (Don't Own)

Revised top 10 listen for 2013...

1. Dr. Doom PF
2. Skaar Son of Huk PF
3. Apocalypse PF (Will be higher once in hand)
4. Deadpool PF (Could be higher once in hand)
5. Gladiator Hulk (Could be in the top 3 once in hand)
6. Venom Comiquette
7. Spiderman Comiquette
8. Punisher Comiquette
9. War Machine Maquette
10. Colossus PF

Skaar has got to be on there.

Personally, Skaar is top 20 but not top 10. I use to own Skaar, but while I was very impressed with it at first, long term it fell out favor.

Skaar PF = Nice/Great Piece, but not an epic piece. To me the subtleties of a She Hulk piece or Black Panther trump the bulk and action pose of the Skaar PF.

I've gone through this entire thread, and I have some mixed emotions going on right now. Some words that come to mind are 'shocked,' 'appalled,' and 'disappointed.'

So you may be asking yourself, 'Why, Chap? What gross oversight have we committed?'

Now, I want EVERYONE to know BEFORE clicking the link below. You are about to experience something so breathtaking that your views about what is and what isn't 'the best' will be forever changed.

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you a little thread I created back in the day that has transcended the title of 'myth' or 'legend.' Its contents focus on what some, including myself, call one of the greatest SSC pieces of all-time. And while I end my humorous rant, I will say in all seriousness this is by far one of my favorite, if not my most favorite Marvel pieces from SSC.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43184

Booties, FTW. :cool:

ModernThing06-11-2010-2.jpg

And if someone revives that thread, it'll make my day. It's taboo for me to do it, since I posted the link. :D

Personally, Skaar is top 20 but not top 10. I use to own Skaar, but while I was very impressed with it at first, long term it fell out favor.

Skaar PF = Nice/Great Piece, but not an epic piece. To me the subtleties of a She Hulk piece or Black Panther trump the bulk and action pose of the Skaar PF.

I think the SheHulk PF looks ok. But it can't go toe to toe with skaar. Especially the pose. I think Skaar's pose is one of the best there is out there period. I mean I'd much rather have that pose compared to the Planet Hulk PF pose, talk about a boring pose for an unbelievably awesome statue.

Dr. Doom PF
Hulk PF
Cap PF Ex
Thor PF Ex
Hulk vs Spiderman
Skaar PF Ex
Spiderman PF
Spiderman Comiquette
IM Mark VI Maquette
Gambit PF Ex

I think the SheHulk PF looks ok. But it can't go toe to toe with skaar. Especially the pose. I think Skaar's pose is one of the best there is out there period. I mean I'd much rather have that pose compared to the Planet Hulk PF pose, talk about a boring pose for an unbelievably awesome statue.

Skaar is an AMAZING PF. It is in my top 3. I have yet to see anything released since the Skaar PF that looks as impressive. The Skaar PF is an absolute BEAST! It has quality and great paint apps. Let's also not forget the sheer greatness of the sculpt. Gore Group hit a grand slam with the Skaar PF. IMHO it's an EPIC piece.

My current & always changing favourites. All comic Ver's but for Iron Man. No order either, other than Spidey which is my biased favourite.

Spiderman CQ (Original)
Dr Doom PF
Captain America PF (Original)
Planet Hulk PF
Thor PF
Venom CQ
Hulk PF (Original)
Wolverine LSF
Silver Surfer CQ
Iron Man VII LSF

Last edited:
Skaar is an AMAZING PF. It is in my top 3. I have yet to see anything released since the Skaar PF that looks as impressive. The Skaar PF is an absolute BEAST! It has quality and great paint apps. Let's also not forget the sheer greatness of the sculpt. Gore Group hit a grand slam with the Skaar PF. IMHO it's an EPIC piece.

I agree, I think it being my 1st statue will actually help me to not go crazy purchasing these statues. I expect equal or high quality ;D

I forgot to add this to my list because he's not your normal Marvel character so I always forget him but I think Man Thing is up there with the best of them. Amazing piece

etusujy6.jpg

1. Captain America PF EX
2. Gambit PF
3. Ironman Mark VI Maquette
4. Skarr PF EX
5. Doom PF
6. Venom CQ
7. Thor PF EX
8. Grey Hulk PF
9. Wolverine CQ
10. Spidey CQ original

Only picked from pieces I've actually seen or own. I feel that its hard to make a decision unless you have actually seen the sculpt firsthand. I'm sure that some of these spots will be replaced in the next year or so...

1. Captain America PF EX
2. Gambit PF
3. Ironman Mark VI Maquette
4. Skarr PF EX
5. Doom PF
6. Venom CQ
7. Thor PF EX
8. Grey Hulk PF
9. Wolverine CQ
10. Spidey CQ original

Only picked from pieces I've actually seen or own. I feel that its hard to make a decision unless you have actually seen the sculpt firsthand. I'm sure that some of these spots will be replaced in the next year or so...

Solid list!

Oh, wow...this is tough. I'm going mostly on what I own or have seen in person.

1. Dr. Doom PF: in terms of quality, detail, and presence, this thing can't be beat.

2. Spider-Man Com: a massive Spidey, great sculpt and paint, great pose, this piece really captures Spidey in all his glory.

3. Hulk Maquette: Huge piece. Some people think this is low quality because of its weight...they are wrong. This piece rocks...looks like it came right out of the movie.

4. Venom Com: I was blown away by this one when I first saw it in person. Has a feeling of immense size, even though he's crouching down. I love the claws and the detail on the suit/skin. Very nice piece.

5. Iron Man 2 Mark VI Maquette: detail is exceptional, and I like the light up feature.

6. Hobgoblin Com: even though this is 1/5 scale, I love the character, the pose, and the detail. The cape looks great.

7. Wolverine PF: the metal claws make this piece. It's kind of small (I know that's because Wolverine is small in the comics), but has really nice detail, and his arms look great.

8. Thor PF (comic version): HUGE piece. Mine was damaged during shipment, and I had it fixed and cusomized into a modern costume Thor. I am really happy with the results, but I love the original costume too.

9. Deadpool PF: I am going to throw this guy on the list based on the early in-hand pics. Mine is coming next week and I can't wait.

10. This spot up for grabs, but I'll give it to Back in Black Spider-Man right now. The black costume is my personal favorite. That said, upcoming pieces like Galactus and Gladiator Hulk will probably earn a spot on my list.

Last edited:
Oh, wow...this is tough. I'm going mostly on what I own or have seen in person.

1. Dr. Doom PF: in terms of quality, detail, and presence, this thing can't be beat.

2. Spider-Man Com: a massive Spidey, great sculpt and paint, great pose, this piece really captures Spidey in all his glory.

3. Hulk Maquette: Huge piece. Some people think this is low quality because of its weight...they are wrong. This piece rocks...looks like it came right out of the movie.

4. Venom Com: I was blown away by this one when I first saw it in person. Has a feeling of immense size, even though he's crouching down. I love the claws and the detail on the suit/skin. Very nice piece.

5. Iron Man 2 Mark VI Maquette: detail is exceptional, and I like th elight up feature.

6. Hobgoblin Com: even though this is 1/5 scale, I love the character, the pose, and the detail. The cape looks great.

7. Wolverine PF: the metal claws make this piece. It's kind of small (I know that's because Wolverine is small in the comics), but has really nice detail, and his arms look great.

8. Thor PF (comic version): HUGE piece. Mine was damaged during shipment, and I had it fixed and cusomized into a modern costume Thor. I am really happy with the results, but I love the original costume too.

9. Deadpool PF: I am going to throw this guy on th elist based on the early in-hand pics. Mine is coming next week and I can't wait.

10. This spot up for grabs, but I'll give it to Back in Black Spider-Man right now. The black costume is my personal favorite. That said, upcoming pieces like Galactus and Gladiator Hulk will probably earn a spot on my list.

Great list but how can you not have the Cap included in the top 10 but make mention of the Hobgoblin...... Steve Rogers would want you to reconsider

Back