Best Superhero Movie of all time? (So far)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which is the best Superhero movie?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It is what it is.

I named what I thought were the best Superhero movies. If someone thinks different that's what the "other" option is for.

I'm all for nostalgia but there is absolutely no way Superman is a better film than The Dark Knight.

It depends how we parse the question. I think The Dark Knight is a better film but it's not a very good superhero movie.

I also agree The Dark Knight is still too recent to have an accurate poll. It took a few years for everyone to start viewing the 1989 Batman a bit more objectively as well. The Dark Knight is great but it does have a few serious flaws, and for my money (this will be unpopular) X2 is actually the more mature, adult film.

I'm all for nostalgia but there is absolutely no way Superman is a better film than The Dark Knight. Superman is great, but as a film, it's not even close. None on this list are.

C'mon dude you're not new to the internetwebs are ya? It's all OPINION that's all. To me Superman the movie is leagues above TDK as it STILL gives me chills in certain parts.(not many movies made these days do that for me) And it has nothing to do with nostalgia. Just while i think TDK was a great film but was WAY over hyped. But a lot of the kids here think it's the best movie Eva!

And if someone thinks GR or SM3 was the best superhero movie of all time well so be it.

Opinions can't be argued.

:peace

1989 Batman. Still holds up well after almost 20yrs and no other comic book movie has come close to the frenzy it created. It made comic book movie history. TDK is a close second.

Thats right Coco... you and me representing the Other vote :rock

I'm all for nostalgia but there is absolutely no way Superman is a better film than The Dark Knight. Superman is great, but as a film, it's not even close. None on this list are.

Super Hero movies:

1. The Dark Knight
2. Superman
2. Batman Begins
4. Iron Man
5. Superman II

Comic Movies:

1. The Dark Knight
2. American Splendor
3. History of Violence
4. Superman
4. Batman Begins

I'm just curious what makes TDK so untouchable in your opinion. I thought it was a very good, well made film, don't get me wrong, but I personally thought it wasn't exactly original, or groundbreaking on any level. Structurally, even TDK and BB owe alot to Superman the Movie, and Superman II.

I'm just curious what makes TDK so untouchable in your opinion. I thought it was a very good, well made film, don't get me wrong, but I personally thought it wasn't exactly original, or groundbreaking on any level. Structurally, even TDK and BB owe alot to Superman the Movie, and Superman II.

untouchable in the genre. In my opinion Superman just doesn't hold up well. Watching the movie now is like watching a Sam Raimi camp fest. It's good for what and when it was. I just don't think there is anything close to The Dark Knight in terms of prodction value, from the script, direction, cinematography, acting, and score. I think The Dark Knight will do for movies in this sub genre of film what The Dark Knight Returns and Watchmen did for the comic world.

untouchable in the genre. In my opinion Superman just doesn't hold up well. Watching the movie now is like watching a Sam Raimi camp fest. It's good for what and when it was. I just don't think there is anything close to The Dark Knight in terms of prodction value, from the script, direction, cinematography, acting, and score. I think The Dark Knight will do for movies in this sub genre of film what The Dark Knight Returns and Watchmen did for the comic world.

So? Sam Raimi's films are still entertaining. But I would disagree. I find the first Superman to be up there with the original Star Wars, Alien and Raiders of the Lost Ark, in terms of quality and age. It was the first well made comic book film to take the genre seriously. I think it is well-made, well-written, entertaining, and for me, it represents the DEFINITIVE Superman. It also donesn't feel like it is above the genre, and doesn't take the source material TOO seriously, like TDK did. At the end of the day, without Superman, there would be no DK.

So? Sam Raimi's films are still entertaining. But I would disagree. I find the first Superman to be up there with the original Star Wars, Alien and Raiders of the Lost Ark, in terms of quality and age. It was the first well made comic book film to take the genre seriously. I think it is well-made, well-written, entertaining, and for me, it represents the DEFINITIVE Superman. It also donesn't feel like it is above the genre, and doesn't take the source material TOO seriously, like TDK did. At the end of the day, without Superman, there would be no DK.

could not disagree more with everything you said, with the exception of TDK taking itself seriously. Which is why for me it sits alone. No harm in disagreeing.:peace

That's whats wrong with the whole "comic/superhero film" classification. You wouldn't claim a shakespeare or Poe film adaptation as taking the "source material too seriously" but that dubious label is thrown onto TDK like rice at a wedding. What happens when the Watchmen film comes out? I wonder how many people will say it takes the source material too seriously?

While I don't agree that TDK is the be-all, end-all of films in it's genre, the fact that it DOES take it's source material very seriously (which is fitting, the source material is fairly serious) is why TDK sits so high in regard.

Superman is incredible because it's a well made film and one of the very first films of it's kind to get it right. I loved it when I was a kid, and I'll always love it. TDK is great too.

That's whats wrong with the whole "comic/superhero film" classification. You wouldn't claim a shakespeare or Poe film adaptation as taking the "source material too seriously" but that dubious label is thrown onto TDK like rice at a wedding. What happens when the Watchmen film comes out? I wonder how many people will say it takes the source material too seriously?

:clap:clap:clap:clap

Well said, and I agree 100%.

For me, it's TDK. But, my decision there is skewed a bit... due to the fact that Batman is my favorite all time comic hero and that is the best film portraying him and his world... at least in my mind.

Superman is another great film and right up there with TDK and BB on my list. But it doesn't connect with me as much as TDK did.

1: TDK
2: Batman Begins
3: Superman
4: Batman (1989)
5: Iron Man
6: V for Vendetta
7: Spider-Man 2

That's whats wrong with the whole "comic/superhero film" classification. You wouldn't claim a shakespeare or Poe film adaptation as taking the "source material too seriously" but that dubious label is thrown onto TDK like rice at a wedding.

Because in its quest to be "taken seriously" The Dark Knight loses sight of its source material and becomes something new. It's a great film but a terrible representation of Batman as a comic book superhero.

I went with Spiderman. I haven't seen TDK yet. But I just watched Superman, it is up there but being so old the effects and suit can be "cheesy" at times, why not a reboot?

Back