Best Photos of G.I. Joe Movie Toys I've seen yet...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's just another thing wrong about this movie...

but who is counting? right? :monkey2

hey guys, so ive been reading through the thread and no one seems to like this, now im a 1990 born and never knew much about G.I. Joe, I loved the toys and all the vehicles and stuff and truthfully i think this might be a good movie

so the other night i was at work and decided to further my 80's cartoon knowledge, episode called "cold slither ", i watched the whole thing and after it was done i thought to myself," how could they possibly have made a movie based on any of this crap", the episode was ridiculous, i ENJOYED it, but there is no way anyone could make this good.

im not bashing joe by anymeans but when you take 80's cartoon (cheesy)and bring them to now, lets face it alot has changed in 27 years.

i know they may have messed up in some areas but there is a chance it could be good,

I never liked the cartoons as muchs as liked the comics, they were far more realistic; anyway the movie is not based on those, who ever wrote the movie had no idea of the potential of the original characters and decided to remake them, they even were going to give us a TALKING Snake Eyes but Larry Hama rejected the idea (that's why snake eyes has mouth in his mask, the script changed but the costume remained) how stupid is that??!?!?!.

So far the movie is destroying the whole joe universe be it comic or cartoon version.

I never liked the cartoons as muchs as liked the comics, they were far more realistic; anyway the movie is not based on those, who ever wrote the movie had no idea of the potential of the original characters and decided to remake them, they even were going to give us a TALKING Snake Eyes but Larry Hama rejected the idea (that's why snake eyes has mouth in his mask, the script changed but the costume remained) how stupid is that??!?!?!.

So far the movie is destroying the whole joe universe be it comic or cartoon version.

i see your point, i think it just needs to be looked at in a different way, and i think it will be good.

so the other night i was at work and decided to further my 80's cartoon knowledge, episode called "cold slither ", i watched the whole thing and after it was done i thought to myself," how could they possibly have made a movie based on any of this crap",

The desire isn't that they make a movie based on the worst episodes of the cartoon but rather the best elements of the character designs and origins. And that obviously just wasn't done.

Chris Nolan didn't try and make a $150 million movie about Batman and Robin spraying aerosol cans at sharks hanging off of their batcopter, instead he recognized that the foundation of the Batman characters and setting could make for incredibly intense and exciting storytelling that both lifelong fans AND casual moviegoers could appreciate.

The desire isn't that they make a movie based on the worst episodes of the cartoon but rather the best elements of the character designs and origins. And that obviously just wasn't done.

Chris Nolan didn't try and make a $150 million movie about Batman and Robin spraying aerosol cans at sharks hanging off of their batcopter, instead he recognized that the foundation of the Batman characters and setting could make for incredibly intense and exciting storytelling that both lifelong fans AND casual moviegoers could appreciate.

and thats my point, they couldn't based on the cartoons, so its changed, just like batman, but the movie isn't out yet so how do we know?

and thats my point, they couldn't based on the cartoons, so its changed, just like batman, but the movie isn't out yet so how do we know?

But you're ignoring the factor that this license also had a decades-deep, and more often than not, realistic comic series they could've used as inspiration and source material. What they've done here is pretty much make a Superman movie, removed all of the red, yellow and blue from his outfit, taken away his Kryptonite weakness and made him a nina turtle while still calling it Superman.

But you're ignoring the factor that this license also had a decades-deep, and more often than not, realistic comic series they could've used as inspiration and source material. What they've done here is pretty much make a Superman movie, removed all of the red, yellow and blue from his outfit, taken away his Kryptonite weakness and made him a nina turtle while still calling it Superman.

ok i get ya,

Well here are some things we have seen and sound like a bad joke:

Storm Shadow wears a leather costume and snickers

Snake Eyes looks like an alien or mutant I don't know yet if he is wearing a mask with a mouth or if his whole body is flat tire black.

Storm Shadow and Snake Eyes are now supossed to be friends since their childhood.

Rip Cord and Scarlett are a sentimental couple (sorry Snakey)

The Cobra Commander costume.

The Pit! (r u fkn kidding??)

GI Joe not being a "real american hero" but an international "something" force

The joes costumes, they all look the same to me, a mix between X-Men and Iron Man.

That's all I remember at the moment.

Snake Eyes looks like an alien or mutant I don't know yet if he is wearing a mask with a mouth or if his whole body is flat tire black.

Storm Shadow and Snake Eyes are now supossed to be friends since their childhood.

The joes costumes, they all look the same to me, a mix between X-Men and Iron Man.

They were friends in the comic book. :confused:

Child hood friends turned enemies, thats fine, still have that sword brother mentality, circumstances of their meeting is fine

and nowadays all american crap just doesn't do it, they originally had members from all around the world before so whats the big deal?

but your other comments i have to agree with,

yes, but not since their childhood, they met at Vietnam, or at an unnamed armed conflict in southern asia, depending on that comic are we talking about.

Yes, but if memory serves, they were never enemies and Stormshadow was always good, only joining Cobra to avenge his father's death at the hands of Zartan.

Banter, you forgot to add: "Directed by man who directed the Mummy"

It is like when I heard that director of "Night at the Museum" was set to direct Flash awhile back. It honestly does sound like a bad joke. But sadly, the formula for movie success often means playing to the lowest common denominator in this way.

Yes, but if memory serves, they were never enemies and Stormshadow was always good, only joining Cobra to avenge his father's death at the hands of Zartan.
I didn't treat that part of the comic as true in my own, personal "Joe-verse." Storm Shadow is an evil ninja assassin. He isn't friends with Snake, never was, and he certainly wasn't a Joe in Cobra disguise all along. That idea makes him much less of a bad-ass, in my opinion.

Actually they didn't know who each other was until Gung Ho told Snake Eyes that the Cobra ninja had the same tatoo, I remember an episode were Snake Eyes rescued Scarlett from Destro's castle and Storm Shadow tried his best to kill Snakey.

And Zartan killed Storm Shadow's uncle not his father, but you are correct, except for all those episodes when Storm Shadow was brain washed he was always good.

Back