Best Indiana Statue? Help me decide!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

outlaw44

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hi guys! I need some help deciding between the Sideshow ROTLA Premium Format or the Sideshow TOD Premium Format.

Having not seen either of these in real life, I'd like your opinions!!

Thanks for your help :hi5:

(Also, if anyone has or knows someone who's selling one of these great statues relatively cheap, let me know please)

Last edited:
The ToD statue gets my vote amongst all 3 statues. Its just awesome (do consider the Crystal Skull PF as well. Bad movie, great statue :) )

The Indy Temple of Doom statue is an amazing piece and is my favorite PF that I own (about 10 total). Probably helps it represents my favorite point in the whole series but battle damaged Indy running around with the machete is just epic.

...and the sculpted jointless body means no 1/4 articulated figure will ever match its look .....and I do think eventually one of the big 3 companies will obviously release a 1/4 Raiders Indy.

The ToD statue gets my vote amongst all 3 statues. Its just awesome (do consider the Crystal Skull PF as well. Bad movie, great statue :) )

The Indy Temple of Doom statue is an amazing piece and is my favorite PF that I own (about 10 total). Probably helps it represents my favorite point in the whole series but battle damaged Indy running around with the machete is just epic.

...and the sculpted jointless body means no 1/4 articulated figure will ever match its look .....and I do think eventually one of the big 3 companies will obviously release a 1/4 Raiders Indy.

Any idea how much the ToD goes for now a days? I know the crystal skull statue is pretty cheap and the original is pretty decent too (i think).

It's Indy... it's all cheap.:lol

Someone posted here recently that the TOD is getting higher, but if you're patient you can find a pretty good deal. Start with a completed auctions search on eBay (ones that actually sold, and sold at auction only - as opposed to BIN.)

You know...for as long as I've been using ebay, I completely forgot you could do that :rotfl

But yea, seems most will sell around $450 + shipping. Then there's the exclusive...which sold for $900..... yeaaaa nah

My Vote -

P1110503.jpg

P1110504.jpg

I love both, but for different reasons. ToD is by far the best in terms of paint and likeness. But the pose and expression on the Raiders PF captures the spirit of the character very well, IMO...if you can look past the darker paint and the green jacket. The KOTCS PF is really good too. I had it once, but then sold it. I decided I didn't want anything Crystal Skull in my collection, and I wanted to remember Indy when he was younger.

I'm not a huge Indy fan,but i saw the ROTLA statue in person the other day and wow,it looked really nice,damn thing is huge,lol.If i had the funds and a better place to display i would've bought it.

I love both, but for different reasons. ToD is by far the best in terms of paint and likeness. But the pose and expression on the Raiders PF captures the spirit of the character very well, IMO...if you can look past the darker paint and the green jacket. The KOTCS PF is really good too. I had it once, but then sold it. I decided I didn't want anything Crystal Skull in my collection, and I wanted to remember Indy when he was younger.

I actually think the Crystal Skull PF's pose captures the spirit of the character far better than the Raiders one .....but unfortunately it is from the Crystal Skull film :monkey2

I actually think the Crystal Skull PF's pose captures the spirit of the character far better than the Raiders one .....but unfortunately it is from the Crystal Skull film :monkey2

Yeah, if it didn't have the Crystal Skull tag on it, it'd probably still be in my collection. I find it interesting that it seems Sideshow used a Raiders publicity photo as inspiration for this PF.

I really wish Sideshow would finish the films and give us TLC Indy.

Waiting for the TLC PF is the other option.

It'll definitely happen. But they're obviously concentrating on the development and sales cycle of the Legendary Scale statue first.

So it's probably 3 years away....

Waiting for the TLC PF is the other option.

It'll definitely happen. But they're obviously concentrating on the development and sales cycle of the Legendary Scale statue first.

So it's probably 3 years away....

I thought Sideshow had stated some time ago that they were done with the Indy PFs. But I hope that they do finish off the movies. I don't mind waiting if I knew for sure that it's coming.

I recommend the Sideshow TOD or KOTCS Premium Format figure. They have the best detail by far.

I have had both the rotla and tod statues my sideshow and have to say that the TEMPLE OF DOOM.......is by far the BEST STATUE. Go for the tod you cant loose.

Back