Best Hot Toys Predator?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It really depends on what you are looking for. The samurai predator is a very stylized interpretation so it will not to be everyones taste, but it still does look like a predator, just not the ones from movies or comics.

I am sure if the super predators just came out as figures without the movie tons of people would complain they are not predators either. Some people just need their figures to have a background story or be associated with the movies to be 'legit' which is fine. The artist who did the samurai predator's concept basically applies to his own style to all his creations including predator, alien, and a bunch of other anime characters....they are all mutated forms of the original design. Narin does the same thing with his detailed, but stylized/non-canon predator sculpts.

I have the classic, tracker, and city hunter and there is no doubt that samurai is the best 'figure' in terms of the details and visual impact. But if you want a predator representation as you know from movies or comics then the samurai is not the right one..i would recommemd the classic.

All fair points, but it still doesn't look like a Predator to me. I have absolutely no interest in the figure myself, but the OP might. The figure is pretty pricey these days though, so clearly he has his fans.

All fair points, but it still doesn't look like a Predator to me. I have absolutely no interest in the figure myself, but the OP might. The figure is pretty pricey these days though, so clearly he has his fans.

Well it would be quite boring if everybody on the board likes the same thing...so it's all cool. Takeya Takayuki the sculptor probably is more well known in Asia and yes he has a pretty large legion of fans including many other sculptors. I believe Narin also cited him as a big influence.

Coincidentally I just received the predator on horse statue (way overpaid for it too..but it's hard to find nowadays), also one of his work, today in the mail. It's also a very polarizing piece as a 'predator' product but if you just look at it from a purely artistic or sculpture POV it's really awesome, imo.

I think the Samurai Predator is also unique in that it was originally made in sculpture form...but HT reproduced it as an action figure which added the coolness factor.

Here are some concept illustrations for his sculptures from a recent book...hope his fans would find them interesting. I hope HT will make his interpretation of the Alien one day (along with a film-accurate Giger version).

IMAG2021.jpg
IMAG2022.jpg
IMAG2026.jpg
IMAG2027.jpg
IMAG2028.jpg
IMAG2029.jpg
IMAG2030.jpg

Hmmmm.... This is definitely a tough call. It's either the Samurai or P1
I had P1, Berserker, Samurai and sold them all. They just didn't fit in right with the rest of the stuff I have.

Thinking of getting the new ancient and give him a custom double headed spear to get the arcade look
(P1 might be a better choice, though. Hopefully HT will make a 2.0)

View attachment 119310

i love that game

https://game-oldies.com/play-online/aliens-vs-predator-capcom-cps-2#

I think the original poster checked out of this thread a long time ago. He probably has his City Hunter figure already lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just look at him.. That right there is shelf presence via a simple pose!

Like a boss!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
The last picture of concert look menacing more represent the predator creature for me,if this the one or next one HT make i do take it.

I love the Scar Predator, but I ended up purchasing the Celtic for a few reasons: Scenic Base, Arm/scimitar blades, dual bio-masks.

I believe the body and head sculpt for the Celtic and Scar are identical (besides the actual scar of course), as the Celtic never removes his helmet during AvP and the Hot Toys Scar model was made first. The only difference (besides minor paint detail) seems to be the abdominal strip isn't on the Celtic, differing colours in dread lock metal rings, and the bone necklace/sash.

I ended up purchasing a Scar Bio-mask off of eBay so I have the luxury of 3 differing Bio-masks, including having the Scar Predator mask on the awesome Celtic Predator scenic base (as Scar ends up killing the Grid Alien after all) with the Arm blades as an option.

I love the idea of having all the weapon load-outs/more armour at disposal also, as the Predators in AvP are Young Bloods/'Unblooded' and it makes sense for them to have a vast selection of equipment and progressively decrease their load-out hunt after hunt based on what weapons they believe suit their style best, like the Jungle Hunter preferring to just use Wrist Blades and Plasma Caster. I've gotta say though, I wish the Smart Disc from Predator 2 was included. It's got such a cool design, I might try and pick one up somewhere in 1:6 scale.

I would LOVE to see Hot Toys do the 'Scarface' Predator from the 'Predator: Concrete Jungle' game, maybe that would justify including a Smart Disc :p the shorter dreads, red sash/red streak on Bio-mask over left eye, the unmasked figure missing it's left eye, the Glaive weapon and even a scenic base of all the skulls after the being exiled for 100 years, or in the city of Neonopolis. I can dream..

Anyway,

I ended up purchasing the Predators 'Classic Predator' the other day, CANNOT WAIT for that bad boy to arrive :D

I believe the body and head sculpt for the Celtic and Scar are identical (besides the actual scar of course), as the Celtic never removes his helmet during AvP and the Hot Toys Scar model was made first. The only difference (besides minor paint detail) seems to be the abdominal strip isn't on the Celtic, differing colours in dread lock metal rings, and the bone necklace/sash.

Yep. Scar and Celtic are about 90% the same. In addition to the differences you mentioned they also have different left gauntlets. Scar has a flip-open wrist computer and Celtic has a net launcher

I had to make this decision a few weeks ago...
I wanted just one Predator in my collection (with space for a possible 1/4 scale Jungle Hunter)....

I wanted to stick with a predator that really was iconic and defined the franchise for me... I grew up watching the original and Predator 2.
So I went with the classic as it looks very identical to the Jungle Hunter. I actually won some Shadow Predator Bone trophies on an Ebay auction so I will put that on him to make him look a bit more like the Jungle Hunter!!!

Guys, celtic or scar for the shelf presence? I need one that is worth and cool af alone

Even though I have Scar because he’s the main and better Predator of the two, if you’re simply going for shelf presence with one Predator regardless of role, I’d say Celtic. Comes with the dio base and more bells and whistles for display options.

Back