Best Hot Toys Predator?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A classic with the P1 conversion parts and base is my #1, but I also have a soft spot for the Shadow Pred too, I even upgraded him with a Samurai Pred alien base!

As a figure Tracker has always been my favourite. It was one of those rare cases where the figure looks better than the actual movie suit.

IMG_5389.jpg

If you don't care about the figure being from an actual movie, I'd say Samurai Predator is the best. Most unique and astounding shelf presence. If you want it to be from a movie, figuring out first which film you like best can help you decide :)

If you don't care about the figure being from an actual movie, I'd say Samurai Predator is the best. Most unique and astounding shelf presence. If you want it to be from a movie, figuring out first which film you like best can help you decide :)

Yeah I really want him now, he does seem to be an amazing figure, for me the Jungle Hunter is my favourite so he will be #1 when the 2.0 comes out, out of the ones released so far, I'm gonna go with Scar

Yeah I really want him now, he does seem to be an amazing figure, for me the Jungle Hunter is my favourite so he will be #1 when the 2.0 comes out, out of the ones released so far, I'm gonna go with Scar

Yeah, he's the only HT Predator I have left in my collection. He's that amazing I can't let him go. I got the Pred movie figures covered by NECA. Had to sell the rest of my HT Preds to fund new figures as I focused more on Super-heroes. However, a new TRUE Jungle Pred frm HT might change that :)

Yeah, he's the only HT Predator I have left in my collection. He's that amazing I can't let him go. I got the Pred movie figures covered by NECA. Had to sell the rest of my HT Preds to fund new figures as I focused more on Super-heroes. However, a new TRUE Jungle Pred frm HT might change that :)

Yeah I understand, I feel like its all Superheros these days..... I'm hoping HT do a new Jungle Hunter, in fact all I want them to do is Chopper, AVP Elder and JH. If I have to wait a long time to get those then I might make my Weyland-Yutani Predator custom while waiting

The answer to the OP's question is clearly the original HT P1 and the old City Hunter Predator

which I happen to have for sale still..........hey, it worked for my Falconer :dunno

To my surprise Scar has become my favorite HT Predator. The armor really gives him bulky look and the bio mask is basically the same as the '87 Jungle Hunter (which is my favorite bio design). Celtic is probably a better value for the money in terms of the extras (2 bio masks and the awesome display stand), but I prefer Scar personally. That said, I am expecting/hoping that the upcoming P2 Elder predator will soon become my new favorite.

I'm shocked so many people are recommending the Samurai Predator. I didn't realize he was so popular. That thing looks nothing like a Predator to me.

To my surprise Scar has become my favorite HT Predator. The armor really gives him bulky look and the bio mask is basically the same as the '87 Jungle Hunter (which is my favorite bio design). Celtic is probably a better value for the money in terms of the extras (2 bio masks and the awesome display stand), but I prefer Scar personally. That said, I am expecting/hoping that the upcoming P2 Elder predator will soon become my new favorite.

I'm shocked so many people are recommending the Samurai Predator. I didn't realize he was so popular. That thing looks nothing like a Predator to me.

It really depends on what you are looking for. The samurai predator is a very stylized interpretation so it will not to be everyones taste, but it still does look like a predator, just not the ones from movies or comics.

I am sure if the super predators just came out as figures without the movie tons of people would complain they are not predators either. Some people just need their figures to have a background story or be associated with the movies to be 'legit' which is fine. The artist who did the samurai predator's concept basically applies to his own style to all his creations including predator, alien, and a bunch of other anime characters....they are all mutated forms of the original design. Narin does the same thing with his detailed, but stylized/non-canon predator sculpts.

I have the classic, tracker, and city hunter and there is no doubt that samurai is the best 'figure' in terms of the details and visual impact. But if you want a predator representation as you know from movies or comics then the samurai is not the right one..i would recommemd the classic.

The Predator design is iconic (***** face, netting, dreads, plasma gun, mask, gauntlet blades). You put all this together you have yourself a Predator. Any additions or subtractions then your building a Predator character. This being said there is no “iconic” Predator (to the common eye). An example of this is a “lightsaber”. You have a hilt and a glowing blade. Red is bad other colours are good. The common person does not recognize the hilt belonging to a certain character. Taking to account this information and best “bang: for your buck I would currently go with Scar.

Helmet (closest to P1), Plasma gun, Netting covering "all limbs", lots of armour, gauntlet blades etc. There are all there and he is huge!

Well this thread took a funny turn. I personally don't mind non iconic predators, its great to have some variety now and again, that and it leaves the possibility of having more Predator figures in the future, let's face it after the 2.0's are done, what comes after 3.0's ugh! sure there's another Predator movie coming and that might have more designs which means more Hot Toys but having them produce originals is good too

My favorite has to be the Samurai Predator followed by Scar then Celtic. Having said that, they're all awesome on their own way.

Hmmmm.... This is definitely a tough call. It's either the Samurai or P1
I had P1, Berserker, Samurai and sold them all. They just didn't fit in right with the rest of the stuff I have.

Thinking of getting the new ancient and give him a custom double headed spear to get the arcade look
(P1 might be a better choice, though. Hopefully HT will make a 2.0)

image.jpg

Back