Best first predator statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agreed save your money. The 1/4 scale HT is probably not that far off. And 400 should cover about 80% of it. Those 1/5 scale statues look like garbage.

Agreed save your money. The 1/4 scale HT is probably not that far off. And 400 should cover about 80% of it. Those 1/5 scale statues look like garbage.

Are you kidding, 1/4 hot toys are years away from in hand. Who the hell wants to have a bare shelf for years. The 1/5 scale ones look good, some P1s not so much, but the other 3 look very nice. Sure they could be better, but look at the new Maquette, it is $1200 and has tons of stuff wrong with it too.

My real point is save your money. If you really have 400 burning a hole in your pocket it can me much better spent then on that 1/5 scale P1 pos

1-2K for a statue is out of the question, wifey won't be cool with that. Even if I save for a year, she'll still say "that is a grand we could use somewhere else." I think I am going to with the Wolf 1/5. Still not certain, but likely

Your wife sounds like a reasonable woman :)
I'd hold out for a bit. Something awesome is always around the corner in this hobby, and that 400 will come in very handy.
Good luck with what ever you decide

I was never a fan of the poses they chose for the 1/5 line. If I were you, I'd possibly try to hunt down one of the Wolf dio's. How much do those things go for now and what was the scale anyway?

Man those hot toys suck. You better buy neca predators instead of those. The Cinemaquette predator is without a doubt the best there is but its at least 2k nowedays so i really think the 1/5 scale p1 statue is the best representation at the moment.

1-2K for a statue is out of the question, wifey won't be cool with that. Even if I save for a year, she'll still say "that is a grand we could use somewhere else." I think I am going to with the Wolf 1/5. Still not certain, but likely

:exactly:
The Wolf is a good choice for your first reasonably priced Predator collectable.

Seems to be a few collectable snobs in here who don't understand not everyone has thousands to spend on polystone.

:exactly:
The Wolf is a good choice for your first reasonably priced Predator collectable.

Seems to be a few collectable snobs in here who don't understand not everyone has thousands to spend on polystone.

tumblr_mvegee2sDY1sp7ha5o1_500.gif

Come to think of it... I recommended SS Wolf dio vs Aliens too. That piece is amazing. Or else, HT Wolf vs Chet dio is also a good choice if you can find one for reasonable price.
If not, SS 1/5 P1 EX is the way to go. But I have feeling that new 1/4 P1 maquette is not so far away...

Come to think of it... I recommended SS Wolf dio vs Aliens too. That piece is amazing. Or else, HT Wolf vs Chet dio is also a good choice if you can find one for reasonable price.
If not, SS 1/5 P1 EX is the way to go. But I have feeling that new 1/4 P1 maquette is not so far away...

I've been after the Dio for a while now. When they do come up they're not cheap.

A new 1:4 P1 would be at least $1,200. It wouldn't be cheaper than the P2.

I've been after the Dio for a while now. When they do come up they're not cheap.

A new 1:4 P1 would be at least $1,200. It wouldn't be cheaper than the P2.

You mean SS or HT dio? I agree the price isn't cheap but if you look hard enough you can find SS one for very reasonable price. HT? Hmmm... it's about luck I think. I came across one for $450 but didn't take it :gah: cuz I just sold mine and that was years ago.
For P1, if he saved up til that time, he will have no problem. :wave

For P1, if he saved up til that time, he will have no problem. :wave

He's already said it's not about being able to afford it, it's about what's a justifiable amount to spend on a collectable. For him it's $400.
Bills, kids needs etc. are priorities for some people.

Is it so hard to understand that not everyone has thousands to spend on collectables :dunno

ha,ha... This certainly seems to be a rich man's hobby collectorcol. You are right on the mark. This is just supposed to be a reasonable xmas present and I have always loved the predator character. There won't be a full size statue room at the end of the tunnel for me, just a couple of statues that I enjoy. The hulk maquette was big stretch for my wife. Truth is, I just got out of the military and I'm back at school, just don't have the coin to spend much more. Don't get me wrong, I would if i could :) I'll take a look at the dio suggestion.

Some people get carried away on here and think everyone has their collectable budget. Probably still live with their parents :monkey1

Anyway... I avoided the 1:5 line for a while but jumped on the Wolf at a decent price. I was really impressed once I had it in hand.
To call them 'junk' is a bit silly..

ha,ha... This certainly seems to be a rich man's hobby collectorcol. You are right on the mark. This is just supposed to be a reasonable xmas present and I have always loved the predator character. There won't be a full size statue room at the end of the tunnel for me, just a couple of statues that I enjoy. The hulk maquette was big stretch for my wife. Truth is, I just got out of the military and I'm back at school, just don't have the coin to spend much more. Don't get me wrong, I would if i could :) I'll take a look at the dio suggestion.

Ok, if you can't find the dio for less than $400 then I also suggest P1 1/5 EX statue (or reg, the choice is up to you). This thing is 20" and should be the best choice for you as you mentioned it in your topic that you want the "first predator". :pray:
Wolf 1/5 statue is a good choice too. I'm sure someone around here are selling EX and you can get yours for reasonable price. :hi5:
Anyway, don't fall for HT. Their preds are good but they are very poor as display piece and Xmas presents IMO.

I've yet tog et my first Pred piece as well and I'm leanig towards the PRedator Diorama.
I need him to be in a tree so it fits me well but I also really like the AvP Requiem diorama.

You've purchased everything else Col... why did you cancel that? :lol I honestly never liked the AVP:R dio, it's just too busy for me...

Back