Best Deals on Curios

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which one should I get?

• SKU 20661

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • SKU 20837

Votes: 6 75.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thanks a lot Jesse - I will ask them for some prices tonight.

For the ppl who have had it shipped to their State, did it arrive safely and as pictured? Also ,does it come assembled? Also, did the ppl who deliver place it where you want in your house/apt. I want it placed on the second floor of the house, which might require some effort taking up the stairs.

Lastly, how has their customer service been if there has been a problem?

I might go to Macy's again soon to check out what brand their Collection Cabinet was - I hate the curios which have square windows, I like one complete clean front door, the Macy one slides left and right. Will try to take a pic with my camera.

Thanks again.

The folks who bought Curios from this online store, can you post a pic of what your curio cabinet looks like. Thanks.

Hey Guys, I need some desperate Curio Selection help needed by tonight, tommorrow morning.

I have made a payment at my local Hudson for $1000 to buy either one of these Curios from Pulaski. I can't find a good picture of Pulaski PRoduct Number 20837 so if anyone can help me that would be great. I need to ask some of my relatives for opinions too.

I saw Product 20661 in the store and loved it, but then the catalog caught my eye on 20837 which is real good too, but we can't decide and need some help.

Our furniture theme is not contemporary but more classical, so 20837 can go well, but it has more furniture detail, which might take away from the statues/bust. Though, it has a nice base. I have posted pic below and the details.

Please help. Thanks.

20837.jpg

SKU: 20837
Name: Two-Way Sliding Door Curio
Finish: Courtland finish
Dim: 45.00 in X 21.00 in X 80.00 in

Two-way sliding door with lock
Adjustable glass shelves
Halogen lighting
Adjustable glides for leveling
Mirrored back

20661.jpg

SKU: 20661
Name: 2 Way Sliding Door Curio
Finish: Chocolate Cherry
Dim: 46.00 in X 15.00 in X 83.00 in

Sliding door with lock
Beveled door glass
Mirrored back
Halogen lighting
Adjustable glass shelves
Adjustable glides for leveling

You can't lose with either, both are great! I prefer the first slightly more. The second one looks a little less expensive than the first. I would make sure it's tempered glass to hold the weight and find out how much weight it holds so that your statues don't wind up in a pile a the end of the day. Good luck!

Thanks - that's a good idea - I will check with the store.

THough when looking at the glass for 20661, the glass was pretty heavy when I tried to lift and was thick.

But I will check to make sure.

Thanks again - right some cheap wood are holding my statues.

Update: I know someone mentioned they might have a Pulaski, can you tell me if your statues hold up fine on the glass shelves.

Thanks.

I have the 20661. It's very nice. The glass is about 9/32" thick. It seems thick enough to hold a good deal of weight. Most of my heaviest stuff ended up on the bottom wood shelf by virtue of being the tallest, ie. Terminator Endoskeleton, Morgul Lord, and Nazgul on Steed, but I have some heavyweights on a glass shelf - the Balrog, Frazetta's Death Dealer, King of the Dead, and Sauron's Helm. Glass is pretty strong unless it gets a hefty shock. I'm not worried about one of my shelves breaking in the middle of the night or anything. None of them look like they are bowing at all. I'm not sure if the glass is tempered or not. There are no markings that say so, but the glass is green on the edges, if anybody knows what that means.

If you put a shelf at the middle height of the cabinet, the back of the glass can be supported by a piece of wood that goes across the back of the cabinet. That might help with your more heavy pieces, but honestly I don't think you'd have any problems.

It comes with 5 shelves, but I ended up only using 4 of them. I put every statue that I own, which includes non-LOTR stuff too, in the cabinet. It looks pretty cramped, but I was just happy to finally get some things out of storage. The plan would be to get another smaller cabinet someday and coordinate themes a little more.

I should also mention that you will not get Sauron in this cabinet. Not only would you not want to give up that much vertical space, but the cabinet is not deep enough for him. His cape billows out too far behind him to fit in side. I'd like to make some kind of custom display for him some day, kind of like a museum case for a bust or something.

In the end I'm very happy with it. It cost almost $1,000, but considering what I've spent on the statues, it's nice to have a quality place to finally display them.

I forgot to mention that the shelves have plate grooves cut in them if you want to display any plates.

Thanks Croc - your a life save with that description - I've sent you a PM. is there any chance possible - take a pic of your cabinet and post or send it to me via e-mail, which I 've sent you in a PM.

I would greatly appreciate it.

I was going after the 20661 but now am thinking of just sticking with the 20837 - especially considering it has more depth, about 5 inches more than the 20661. Though it's height is 3 inches smaller.

I want to fit all my LOTR pieces in there, I have the :

Boromir Statue
Elrond Statue
Morgul Lord Statue
Lurtz Statue
Saruman the White Statue
Grima Statue
RWOS
Gandalf on Shadowfax
KOTD
Ugluk
Orc Brute
Eowyn Statue
Treebeard
Berserker Statue
Saruman

Nmeunorean Bust
Elendil Bust
Isildur Bust
Wounded Orc Bust
Boromir Bust
Hooded Soldier Bust
Uruk Scout Bust
Mouth of Sauron Bust

I would appreciate if the board can help me suggest where I should put the shelves at what height to cover all these, except Saruman, but if it can get in there, that would be great.

The dimensions are:

Dim: 45.00 in X 21.00 in X 80.00 in

I was thinking of having GOSF, RWOS, ML, and Treebeard on one shelf at 20inch.

The second shelf at 20 inch to have Saruman, Lurtz, Ugluk, Grima, Orc Brute, Berserker.

The third shelf at 30 inch to have Saruman, Boromir, Elrond, and KOTD.

The fourth shelf at 10 inch to have all the Busts.

What do you guys think?

Thanks again.

ju421019 said:
I was going after the 20661 but now am thinking of just sticking with the 20837 - especially considering it has more depth, about 5 inches more than the 20661. Though it's height is 3 inches smaller.
I would definitely recommend you getting 20837... It is sturdier and you will need the depth in case you want some staggered displays...

ju421019 said:
The third shelf at 30 inch to have Saruman, Boromir, Elrond, and KOTD.
I think you meant Sauron... not Saruman :p

I got the Curio 20837 and let me tell you I dont regret it at all, it was much beautiful that I expected, it's gorgeous.

Now, the delivery ppl were going to put the glass in but I told them I still have to decide where to put it the shelves, but now when I tried it today, its impossible, how does the glass go fit?

It's impossible, without breaking something, need some help.

I dont want to call the delivery guys and pay some more again.

I regret not having them to put it in there and then adjusting it later, seems that might have been easier.

Here are the pics, though I don't think my camera does it justice, it's hard to get one in the dark because of the flash, but this curio is beautiful and I give it the LOTR approval for all collectors to buy, one thing, try not to cram your pieces in there, I have now had to cram it in with the addition of the Ugluk, Orc, King of the Dead, and Boromir. Prior to their inclusion, it just looked absolutely gorgeous, especially RWOS and GOSF.

D3.JPG

D4.JPG

D5.JPG

D6.JPG

JU- Can you repost these pictures? The links seem to be dead. I'm looking at getting a Pulaski cabinet and I would like to see how yours looks with some of your statues in it. Thanks!

Back