Best Alternative to Hot Toys body

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattdorris

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi I was wondering if someone could tell me the best cheaper alternative to buying a hot toys narrow shoulder body. I know I read in a thread that the bootleg ones are very good but I can't remember which thread. Any help would be great.

Hey mattdorris I think you might be disappointed if you swap out your Wall Street killer onto a TrueType narrow shoulder or knock off equivalent. The suit is tailored to fit the slightly more narrow build of the ZCWO body.

I have two suggestions :

1) buy an agent coulson body, it's sort of like a narrow shoulder but with narrower shoulders and pecs and less torso length. This body looks great in WSK but it's not cheap.

2) if it's the ankles giving you problems there's a couple easy fixes:

A) try simply swapping them with some hot toys pegs sometimes they vary in thickness and could give you a tighter grip
B) some blue tack between the ball and hole can work wonders
C) you could build up layers of gorilla glue on the ball part of the peg, apply and dry with a hair dryer and repeat. Nail polish hardener has the same effect, it technically makes rhe ball thicker so they fit more snug in the hole

Thanks for those suggestions Raymond. I will definitely try one of those. My real problem that maybe you could help me with is this, it seems for whatever reason I have a hard time getting him to stand up straight almost like the left leg is shorter than the right. When the WSK arrived his left ankle was detached. Since I got it, it's been much more loose than the right and seems too short for him to stand straight. The tighter right ankle joint has to be bent backward for him to stand even. I know that sounds confusing.

Hmm interesting, I just checked mine the legs seem level.

I kind of have every body on the market and have done every kind of weird swap or alteration there is. If you feel so inclined feel free to strip him and post a picture of the nude body and shoes /feet. I could likely spot a defect kr have a hypothesis.

Also it might be worth emailing Denny since the figure arrived this way he's a great guy and will likely come to the rescue with a replacement body or part.

My zcwo body and the ankles are super right so you might have got a lemon.

Thanks for the info Raymond. I probably should have messaged Denny when I received it but at the time I figured it was more me than the figure. I'll post a pic

Last edited:
View attachment 69092
Raymond as I have really spent some time messing with it and going all out with the ankles I'm thinking my problem with it being uneven was that because the ankle on the left in the picture is so tight and the ankle on the right is so loose it really takes a good adjustment to get him right. I'm going to try the hot toys pegs to see if that helps with making it tighter.

Last edited:
Thanks Raymond for taking your time to give me your advice and opinion on what I can do to make this thing better.

Last edited:
Back