Best Alien/Predator sequel poll

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which sequel was best?

• Predator 2

Votes: 22 37.3%
  • Alien III

Votes: 28 47.5%
  • Alien: Resurrection

Votes: 9 15.3%

• Total voters

Ironman1188

SO BE IT
Reaction score
Just for fun. Not counting ALIENS because, well, it ROCKED!!! Not Counting AvP because it wasn't so much a sequel as it was an attempt to start a new franchise. So, without further ado, please vote on which was the best sequel to its respective franchise.

Alien 3 gets my vote easily and as gbtv01 has already mentioned the extened release of the movie makes it even better.

I think that this will be an easy win for Alien3

Of the movies listed, it was definetely the best sequel

A 3 all the way!
I really LIKED this movie, over the drone of those that didn't.

I thought it had as many oneliners and quips as Aliens, although different in tone and directiion, and as many, if not more, great actors, and performances, and I would love to have figures of many of them as well. Especially from the longer version.

I thought the bleak, "no one can win" scenario made for an interesting setting for a combat with the Alien. And I laugh at dialogue all through the movie. Granted, there's no "Game over!" but it has it's share. In fact, it has the best use of one word, "F@#@!" in one scene, that is not only appropriate, but is one of the best uses of that word as a declaration of shock, in any movie, IMHO. :D

But anyway, I like the film. Glad to see it prominent in a poll.
None of the other two are in it's league as far as production qualities and cinematography, or any of that. ALthough, AR has some good camera stuff, and a cool score.

I must admit I'm rather surprised by the early going. Out of the three Alien III was the biggest turd of the bunch to me. Predator 2 was a big disappointment after the original and, I didn't feel, a decent followup. Adding to that that Dutch was not back, I hardly thought Glover was anywhere near a match for the Predator. Alien: Resurrection, while by no means anywhere near the greatness of ALIENS, provided a decent cast, a lot of action and a kickass Ripley.

Resurection, it entertained me more. Than Predator II, BUSEY, and then 3, not saying 3 sucks but I get a little bit bored, regardless of story or art, it all comes down to entertaining my feeble brain. 3 still rocks though.

Go ALIEN, go ALIEN! :D
Looks like this is gonna be somewhat of an Alien vs Predator popularity contest after all! :lol

PosterBoyKelly said:

I liked Alien 3 better than most people that are die hard fans of the franchise. I thought the story was cool and I like how it ended. I remember the Genesis game being fun too. And it was waaaay better than Alien 4. But I love the overall campiness of Predator 2 that goes along with a great cop-action/sci-fi flick. And it has that late 80s movie feel to it--guns, gangs, boobs, drugs, voodoo. And you're casting Danny Glover, Bill Paxton, AND GARY BUSEY?!?!?! Predator 2 all the way!
:chew

I don't think that any of these films were that great... which of these turkeys weigh less? :confused:

However I must admit that I had the better time seeing Alien 4 (before the ugly Alien baby was born that is) than the other two combined. Perhaps it was the hint of Whedonverese I was sensing. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

I never forgave Alien 3 for killing Newt... it made all of Ripley's struggles to keep her alive in Aliens pointless and moot :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

I have to go with Alien3 on this one... I thought Resurrection was a piece of **** and Pred2 is fun, but more cheesey than good.

Back