Bespin Luke: The Holy Grail of the SW 12" line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
With apologies to the original photographer and poster of this pic from one of the trade shows (not sure if it was SDCC or a Toy Fair), I think this proto paint app looked amazing. The production paint apps were not bad but just a little heavily applied. I preferred the lighter shading of the proto as well.

That downturned collar bugged me to no end... ;)

OH WOW!!!! That sculpt is amazing...Sideshow should have went with that one for sure. The hair looks more disheveled after a round with Vader at Cloud City, or after some crazy Jedi training exercises with Yoda on his back. man, I wish we could buy this sculpt.

With apologies to the original photographer and poster of this pic from one of the trade shows (not sure if it was SDCC or a Toy Fair), I think this proto paint app looked amazing. The production paint apps were not bad but just a little heavily applied. I preferred the lighter shading of the proto as well.

That downturned collar bugged me to no end... ;)

The skin and hair definitely look nice, but I remember the proto eyes didn't look like Hammil at all, the production piece actually came out right in that regard, which was a plus.

What could have been...
luke_big1.jpg

The sculpt is really nice, but again those wide open eyes...
Why?

Can someone try photoshopping the eyes shifted upward a bit?

I have seen a custom Sith Luke Skywalker kit bash with this headsculpt, I just can't remember where. Anyone have any links or pictures?

OK gang, here's the deal, we get in touch with Andy, get together a list of names, split the price and we commission Andy to create a "non specific, Sci-Fi Lazer sword wielding character head sculpt, similar to this one, emphasis on similar, very similar" Maybe his hair is swept a bit different, etc. etc.but similar enough! What do you guys think?? cause this sculpt has me drooling. :drool

OK gang, here's the deal, we get in touch with Andy, get together a list of names, split the price and we commission Andy to create a "non specific, Sci-Fi Lazer sword wielding character head sculpt, similar to this one, emphasis on similar, very similar" Maybe his hair is swept a bit different, etc. etc.but similar enough! What do you guys think?? cause this sculpt has me drooling. :drool

I'm not sure Andy's available for commissions at the moment.

You guys probably saw me asking Chris Howes in the customizing section if he'd be up to the challenge...no reply yet. :D I can't believe he was a sculptor for the original Kenner action figures in the 1970's, including an X-wing Luke. Too cool!

You guys probably saw me asking Chris Howes in the customizing section if he'd be up to the challenge...no reply yet. :D I can't believe he was a sculptor for the original Kenner action figures in the 1970's, including an X-wing Luke. Too cool!

That's awesome!

I find the regular SST Bespin Luke sculpt good enough, but if somebody were to resculpt the melon-headed, doe-eyed, slack-jawed Jedi Luke, I'd be in for one!

Count me in on one of those sculpts if made available...Truly a work of art.

I like this expression when he's facing Vader for the first time. I think a repaint of the current sculpt might come close. But it is difficult to make the eyes appear slightly upward because a subtle difference in eyelid position can change the whole look from intense eyes, to deer in head lights.

5tyw5g.jpg

Mat Falls may have used this screen cap for reference when sculpting. The face is quite similar. But the hair on the sculpt is wrong. Infact, I think the hair might be throwing off the likeness more than the face. If we could get a sculpt that looked like this with correct hair, it would be a perfect display piece to complement a Vader.

ac9xug.jpg

315oaa0.jpg

Last edited:
I was never more into Luke (or any SW character) as a kid as seeing him go up against Vader on the big screen in 1980.

With the 12" version we can get the grey fatigues, classic ANH/ESB saber, another awesome gunbelt and blaster, and hopefully a Mark Hamill likeness equal to or greater than Jedi Luke.

Maybe even a backpack for Yoda as an exclusive (the severed Vader/Luke head would be nice but probably out as a possibility due to the PF).

For the expression I hope they give him either the grim determination when he first lights up against Vader or the "ready for action" look where he's pointing his gun at the camera like on the original action figure card.

I know they just did Dagobah Luke in Premium Format. I know we just got Jedi Luke as a 12". I know many want Darth Maul, Boba Fett, Stormtroopers, etc, first but I don't care. I still want them to do my favorite incarnation of my favorite character absolutely as soon as possible.

**wipes tear of joy from eye**

IMG_9256.JPG

IMG_9237.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back