Bespin Luke: The Holy Grail of the SW 12" line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, that portrait is pretty much spot on, I take it Andy isn't allowed to sell copies of it privately? He could just call it "Random Guy Who Bears a Striking Resemblance to Mark Hamill." :D

I honestly cannot understand how LFL can look at Andy's work and find any flaw.

But there's certainly no shortage of stupidity in the world.

As awesome as the face looks that Andy did, the hair's just too dramatic, which is probably what LFL axed it for. Andy's face with a calmer hair like the production figure and that would have been awesome. I don't think I'd have bought the figure with the head as it is, I just don't find the hair representative of Bespin Luke, it looks Luke Unleashed. Again, Andy did a great job on the face and even the hair, as it's done, is well sculpted, just not my cup of tea.

Yep, that portrait is pretty much spot on, I take it Andy isn't allowed to sell copies of it privately? He could just call it "Random Guy Who Bears a Striking Resemblance to Mark Hamill." :D

Yea, it is pretty dead on.

Trevor gave it a good try, but I just don't see ESB Luke in the sculpt.

Rest of the figure is great.

Mat Falls did the Jedi, Bespin, and Yavin Ceremony Lukes. He also did Bespin Han. Trevor has done ANH Luke and Han.

That says it all. I never liked the "soft" likenesses of the former - Yavin Luke and ESB Han are downright embarrassing. Jedi Luke gets a free pass from me for the idealized image I have formed of the character, but in terms of realism it can be topped.

Mat Falls did the Jedi, Bespin, and Yavin Ceremony Lukes. He also did Bespin Han. Trevor has done ANH Luke and Han.

That is correct. It was strange seeing the torch go on to Trev for the ANH portrait after all the others being done by Mat.

As far as I'm concerned looking at Mat's previous jobs Jedi Luke was a fluke more than anything else because Bespin Han, Yavin Luke were both horrid failures and Bespin Luke was a step up but for me judging just on the facial sculpt was not up to par.

That is correct. It was strange seeing the torch go on to Trev for the ANH portrait after all the others being done by Mat.

I'm glad for it. If it were up to me Trev would be allowed to sculpt a Bespin and Jedi Luke as accessory HS maybe with different expressions so fans could customized around. I'd love the same with Andy's sculpting all three ANH Luke, ESB Luke and an ROTJ Luke. Separate HSs offered in accessory packs would be a nice touch especially if they all use the Pro with the easy to swap heads.

If that is true then, I can see why. Bespin and Yavin sculpts were failures.

Agreed. Mat has some great sculpts under his belt but I haven't really been wowed by his record on this line except Jedi Luke which is dead on Hamill except the dumb expression on his face.

While the ANH is up for debate, and the Yavin head... just a turd (both sculpt and paint), I don't necessarily see the Bespin sculpt as a failure. We clearly know who the figure is supposed to be and while the likeness isn't 100% accurate, it's still definitely Hamill.

I think the Bespin Luke is by far one of the best figures of the entire line...Especially if you futz the uniform a little...

If only that sculpt was what we got i might still own ESB luke.

luke_big1.jpg

WOW! There sure is a lot of hate going around for Yavin Luke. While not the best of the sculpts, I still thought it rocked!

I don't think the sculpt is bad, but it certainly wasn't painted well. I'd imagine if this figure had a moulded head like Obi-Wan Clone Wars, it would have looked amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back