Bespin Luke 12" figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Jedi and Empire Luke heads look great!...ANH not so much...I wish they hadn't rushed it, there was so much potentional. Seems that '77 Hammill likeness is difficult to sculpt. No company ever seems to nail it. GG came close with the X-Wing bust though. Anyway, here's to ESB Luke!! :duff

More screen capture fun:

vlcsnap1622279yn6.jpg

vlcsnap1623537bl0.jpg

vlcsnap1633311sh8.jpg

vlcsnap1624889tn1.jpg

vlcsnap1625226it9.jpg

vlcsnap1625302tc7.jpg

vlcsnap1635016gs6.jpg

vlcsnap1636524il8.jpg

The clothes don't really bother me too much but I would like to see Sideshow start tailoring their figures as well as Medicom does.

I think it might be depicted in the second to last picture, but I'm not entirely sure...

True, although I can't say I would have minded Trevor doing it. :D

Me neither, I absolutely love Trev's work. Like I said, it's not about Mat being better persay or anything, it's just a taste of mine that I like things that should look similar do, like the SW theatrical posters for the SE and PT trilogies being done by the same artist, you look at them all together and they all fit together. If you had a Mat Falls, a Trev, and an Andy B Luke standing together, they'd all look great, but you might almost thing they were manufactured by different companies because of the distinct difference, where if you stand Yavin, Jedi and Bespin Luke together, if you knew one was Sideshow you'd know they all were because of having the same portrait style.

I think it might be depicted in the second to last picture, but I'm not entirely sure...

Ya, it's the apparatus for his arm. It's a cool accessory, but not necessary when the figure is in such pefect shape it's a little odd to have a wound item, so for us super nerds we get a cool bonus item, but for those just wanting the Bespin figure, it's no loss to miss the exclusive. It's funny that when you see the pattern that lightsaber wounds are sealed on impact, his arm would need no attention and this device was simply a trick to hide his hand in pre-CGI days.

Seeing all the film pictures really makes me hope SS notices the collar and pockets and makes a necessary change.

The clothes don't really bother me too much but I would like to see Sideshow start tailoring their figures as well as Medicom does.

The tailoring needs addressing just as much as the big heads,dodgy production paintjobs and awful base bodies IMO. I think Bespin Luke's attire doesn't look too bad aside from the collar being wrong but still a long way off Hot Toys or Medicom levels of quality. Improved tailoring would no doubt stick the price up but it's been steadily rising since the line launched so I think it's about time we saw some noticeable improvements to go with the higher prices.

I thought I was liking Luke's sculpt more but I look back at the screen captures and it's not too good to me. I'm losing my taste for the majority of these. ended up passing on Boushh and will do the same for ANH Leia and this one as well. Main iconic characters I really want but something's missing here. so far I only have Bespin Han (what was i thinking??!) and ROTJ Luke anyway. But I'll get Obi-Wan and whichever ones in the future have such a quality as that.

On the other hand, Medicom's offerings are too expensive so I'm up the creek for 1/6th scale star wars.

The tailoring needs addressing just as much as the big heads,dodgy production paintjobs and awful base bodies IMO. I think Bespin Luke's attire doesn't look too bad aside from the collar being wrong but still a long way off Hot Toys or Medicom levels of quality. Improved tailoring would no doubt stick the price up but it's been steadily rising since the line launched so I think it's about time we saw some noticeable improvements to go with the higher prices.

I remember people telling me that making an accurate head sculpt wouldn't have raised the prices for a Hasbro 12" figure since they "have to sculpt a head anyway". So I'll pose the same thing.

"Improving the tailoring (ie improving the location of the pockets or getting the collar right) shouldn't increase the price since they are already putting pockets and making a collar anyway". :rotfl

IMO the head looks great, its just the jacket that needs improving.

I am worried however. Even if SSC makes the jacket less baggy, is that even what we want? Sure the jacket is tight in the flick, but we all know how horribly gangly and odd SSC bodies look with tight outfits, especially the arms which aren't proportioned in the bicepts or forearms correctly. Han's jacket anyone?

I say just fix the pockets and collar but leave the size of the jacket alone.

Apart from the inacurate collar ( which is hardly enough to put me off) , this figure looks pretty good to me ! And will people EVER stop comparing ( unfavourably) SST to Hot Toys and Medicom ? Here in the U.K , these two companies figures are at least 3 TIMES THE COST of SST products! I love H.T as much as the next man , ( I don't own any Medicom , they look nice , but the scale issue bugs me and I can't reconcile the cost , sorry!) GET OVER IT GUYS !!! :rolleyes:

I remember people telling me that making an accurate head sculpt wouldn't have raised the prices for a Hasbro 12" figure since they "have to sculpt a head anyway". So I'll pose the same thing.

"Improving the tailoring (ie improving the location of the pockets or getting the collar right) shouldn't increase the price since they are already putting pockets and making a collar anyway". :rotfl

IMO the head looks great, its just the jacket that needs improving.

I am worried however. Even if SSC makes the jacket less baggy, is that even what we want? Sure the jacket is tight in the flick, but we all know how horribly gangly and odd SSC bodies look with tight outfits, especially the arms which aren't proportioned in the bicepts or forearms correctly. Han's jacket anyone?

I say just fix the pockets and collar but leave the size of the jacket alone.

Well put sir! I too feel the size of the jacket is good. A little water treatment takes care of any issues with that. Worked great on Plo Koon's Robes and Boussh's sleeves. How ever the collar and pockets are not something we can easily fix at home. The rest of the figure looks great. I do see Luke in the sculpt and I think the details on the belt are just incredible. All in all this is one great figure just needs a little minor adjustments to be perfect.

The Jedi and Empire Luke heads look great!...ANH not so much...I wish they hadn't rushed it, there was so much potentional. Seems that '77 Hammill likeness is difficult to sculpt. No company ever seems to nail it. GG came close with the X-Wing bust though. Anyway, here's to ESB Luke!! :duff

While Yavin Luke wasn't as good as he coulda been, I still thought he was better than the GG bust.

Why all the Yavin Luke hate? That was a great figure. Sure it was basic, but the costume in the movie was as well.

Back