Bespin Luke 12" figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Corner Store Comics has Bespin Luke listed as MSRP $54.99

So much for all the lambs bleating about price hikes. :rolleyes:

https://www.cornerstorecomics.com/af_sw_ss12.html

I don't remember anyone saying that SW was going through another price hike. Thats already happened. You can't tell me if Luke Jedi was released today that he'd be $49.99 again.

I think what you see with the Hobbits is that the $5 price hike that hit SW last year just hit LOTR. The price hike is already buried in Indy.

What I might forecast however is that next year since the base prices of LOTR and Indy is now $70 that the SW line can be justified to go to $60 and still be called a bargain line.

Then in late 2008 you'll see LOTR go to $75 and a new reason to raise SW to $70.

2009 LOTR=$80 SW=$75.

I still stand by something I've said a 1k times already. When Jedi Luke came out @ $49 it was to help get the line going. If he came out today with the momentum that the line has now he would probably be $55 or so.

As far as the LOTR pieces they're already more complex than any of the SW figures so far. The outfits alone make them cost more IMO now with the Hobbits you toss in the most amazing outfits seen with a BRAND NEW BODY they will cost more. That's just fact.

I don't remember anyone saying that SW was going through another price hike. Thats already happened. You can't tell me if Luke Jedi was released today that he'd be $49.99 again.

Prog, have you looked at your Luke lately? Of all the SW he is the plainest. Besides the fact that he was the first run of the very first figure in the SW line. You can't bring Jedi Luke into this argument at all.

Fact is Bespin Luke rests right at where the average figure's MSRP has been set. Its clear that when there are price increases the reasons are obviously due more to inreased intricacy or an increase in accessories or both. I don't see how you can deny that. :confused:

As far as the LOTR pieces they're already more complex than any of the SW figures so far. The outfits alone make them cost more IMO now with the Hobbits you toss in the most amazing outfits seen with a BRAND NEW BODY they will cost more. That's just fact.

Thats the truth. I got into the LOTR line late (3 months ago is all) and when I received my first figures I was BLOWN AWAY at how much more detail went into them and the quality of their costumes is in a different class than SW.

Ergo a price difference between the two lines seems logical to me. As well as justified.

Prod Blog has info and pictures of Luke Bespin... pictures don't work yet for me.

We’re excited to announce that this Exclusive, priced at $54.99, will be limited to a worldwide edition size of 1980 pieces, in commemoration of the release year of Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back! The Sideshow Exclusive edition will only be available direct from SideshowCollectibles.com.

The 12-inch Luke Skywalker - Rebel Commander - Bespin figure includes:

Fully articulated short male body with 30+ points of articulation
Authentic likeness of Mark Hamill as Luke Skywalker
Detailed costume including:

Jacket
Pants
Tank-top undershirt
Boots
Detailed Belt with holster
Accessories including:

Sideshow Exclusive - auto-tourniquet
Blaster Pistol
Lightsaber - unlit
Lightsaber - ignited
Interchangeable hands, including:

Saber grip left
Saber grip right
Force Push left
Pistol Grip right
12-Inch Figure Display Base with Star Wars logo

Thats the truth. I got into the LOTR line late (3 months ago is all) and when I received my first figures I was BLOWN AWAY at how much more detail went into them and the quality of their costumes is in a different class than SW.

Ergo a price difference between the two lines seems logical to me. As well as justified.

Seems logical to me as well. I'm all for paying less by all means but sometimes thats just not gonna happen. These companies aren't charities.

21271_press02-001.jpg

I think what you see with the Hobbits is that the $5 price hike that hit SW last year just hit LOTR. The price hike is already buried in Indy.

What I might forecast however is that next year since the base prices of LOTR and Indy is now $70 that the SW line can be justified to go to $60 and still be called a bargain line.

Then in late 2008 you'll see LOTR go to $75 and a new reason to raise SW to $70.

2009 LOTR=$80 SW=$75.

Yes... sooo manny bargains! It get's cheaper all the time! :D

The stump and the tourniquet accessory are pretty cool. Alas the facial expression doesn't quite match.

This is one exclusive that is a DEFINITE MUST-HAVE!!! My wife will off on Friday, so I'm crossing my fingers that she can get it for me. It's interesting though that this stump is bloody as opposed to Mace's cauderized stump.

And the clothes are extremely bulky and baggy. This one will benefit from a redressing and water treatment for sure.

I Imagine another factor with him staying at the lower $54.99 price is that SS sells many more of these figures compared to the LOTR line.

For instance:
Boromir was 1750 exc and 2000 regular (3750 total)

And Han Solo was 2000 exc and 8000 regular (10000 total)

Last edited:
Back