Besides Detolf, What other cases are there?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've thought about ikea's billy bookcase... but the wood sides and top make everything so dark and closed unlike the detolf's open glass feel.

Thanks for all the great ideas. It seems like all the good stuff is still coming from IKEA. Its like they cant go wrong. I was looking into some of the BESTA stuff, but the shelving is not deep enough for some of the bigger pieces such as ED-209s.
I am really thinking of getting a corner BILLY case and free up the DETOLFs for more enviroment action setups. With the lighting issue I can get more of the IKEA lighting systems and do more spotlighting within the shelves.
I will probably go with LUJAUNs idea of custom. That way I can get exactly what I want and I can make or find a good display table to put them on. So many ideas it will drive me crazy.
I really appreciate everyones input!

Thanks for all the great ideas. It seems like all the good stuff is still coming from IKEA. Its like they cant go wrong. I was looking into some of the BESTA stuff, but the shelving is not deep enough for some of the bigger pieces such as ED-209s.
I am really thinking of getting a corner BILLY case and free up the DETOLFs for more enviroment action setups. With the lighting issue I can get more of the IKEA lighting systems and do more spotlighting within the shelves.
I will probably go with LUJAUNs idea of custom. That way I can get exactly what I want and I can make or find a good display table to put them on. So many ideas it will drive me crazy.
I really appreciate everyones input!

You keep mentioning ED. He'll diffinitely fit in a besta. He fits in a deltolf:
zo9guf.jpg

You keep mentioning ED. He'll diffinitely fit in a besta. He fits in a deltolf:
zo9guf.jpg

I have didnt want to have to close him up so much. I both mine sitting up on top of the Detolfs. I guess I ask to much sometimes. Also I have all the shelves in them filled up with other figures. I also need a case that fits the batpod, and if I am lucky I can take a shelf out and actually fit a Power Loader in somewhere.
Thanks for the idea of putting the legs of ed in the corner. I might have to try that to change things up! Always love rearranging, allows me to play!

I've thought about ikea's billy bookcase... but the wood sides and top make everything so dark and closed unlike the detolf's open glass feel.

I'm renovating in a few months - when I have the extra space I'm going to get some Billy bookcases, slap some LED lighting in there, pop some acrylic or glass hinged doors on it and sit back and enjoy :)

personally i find the detolf glass cabinet too flimsy for my liking.

i use the billy bookcases with glass doors added on. mine's white, with led spotlights on each figure, so they never look dark. in fact, i think they look classier this way, more like museum pieces...

personally i find the detolf glass cabinet too flimsy for my liking.

i use the billy bookcases with glass doors added on. mine's white, with led spotlights on each figure, so they never look dark. in fact, i think they look classier this way, more like museum pieces...

Sounds like you have just the setup I am looking forward to having - any chance you could post some pics? :)

I have didnt want to have to close him up so much. I both mine sitting up on top of the Detolfs. I guess I ask to much sometimes. Also I have all the shelves in them filled up with other figures. I also need a case that fits the batpod, and if I am lucky I can take a shelf out and actually fit a Power Loader in somewhere.
Thanks for the idea of putting the legs of ed in the corner. I might have to try that to change things up! Always love rearranging, allows me to play!
I don't remember what boardie did this but they took out the metal frame from inside and replaced it with threaded posts. This way he could adjust the shelves.

Sounds like you have just the setup I am looking forward to having - any chance you could post some pics? :)

unfortunately the only pic i have right now is a crappy cellphone shot. but this should give u some idea of the setup i have. i have several of these cabinets in my av room, where my 1/6 stuff is displayed...

Displays.jpg

Thanks for posting the pic, definitely get the idea. I like the one-figure-per-shelf display. I must have the 'Billy' name wrong for the name of the unit - I'll be doing something with these shelves:

30353_PE103235_S4.jpg

unfortunately the only pic i have right now is a crappy cellphone shot. but this should give u some idea of the setup i have. i have several of these cabinets in my av room, where my 1/6 stuff is displayed...

Displays.jpg

Your setup looks great! Gives me an idea of converting an older china type cabinet and making it more like a museum display such as yours.

I will have to say that it does limit the fields of view.

How much are they? I see some on ebay for 150 dollars and free shipping. Is that a good price or is it too much?

How much are they? I see some on ebay for 150 dollars and free shipping. Is that a good price or is it too much?

You can buy Detlof's in the store for about $40 (I got a few for $20 each when they had a sale). So they've padded the purchase price with the shipping costs.

Sean

Retail is $60... sometimes they have sales on it for $40... wish they would do that $20 sale again... that was insane.

Shipping on this thing would be hefty... I would only buy it from the actual store.

One 1/6 figure per shelf? You gotta be kidding me. Maybe if you have under a dozen, but with the way HT is dropping new stuff everyday, that just seem like a lot of negative shelf space.

One 1/6 figure per shelf? You gotta be kidding me. Maybe if you have under a dozen, but with the way HT is dropping new stuff everyday, that just seem like a lot of negative shelf space.
I do one to a shelf as well, along with the box behind the figure. I had to start doubling up until recently though as I made room for 2 more detolfs. It won't be long until I have to double up again though.

Jay

Back