Berserk Collectibles Show Us Some Berserk/Manga Disscussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looked on google and he stopped becuase of this weird anime? lol what?

It's actually a video game. It's where you take the role of producer and you need to train young girls and prep them to become pop idols.

Yeah...it's weird.

Even more frustrating with Miura is that he stated we are at 60% through the berserk saga. To make matters worse, he takes frequent breaks due to illness (honestly I think he's lying so he can play more games) or other personal issues. The icing on this already crap cake is now the berserk story has been put on hiatus so Miura can work on another short term manga.

Seriously, I love the guys work. But he's being a really prick by doing these things. Completely irresponsible.

The hell? If I had a fanbase that fell in love with my work I'd make it my soul purpose to give them what they want and finish the story I started. That's just real douchy to just stop and not give your fanbase what you want because of your selfish needs. Why do some manga artist do this? They put there story on hold making there fans wait while they just do whatever and not wrap up the story.

The hell? If I had a fanbase that fell in love with my work I'd make it my soul purpose to give them what they want and finish the story I started. That's just real douchy to just stop and not give your fanbase what you want because of your selfish needs. Why do some manga artist do this? They put there story on hold making there fans wait while they just do whatever and not wrap up the story.

This is true but his fans forgive him when he actually releases berserk.

Honestly, I think Berserk needs a break.

IMO Miura doesn't know how to handle the story at this point. He knows how he wants it to ends, and the general direction he wants it to go, but isn't sure how to bridge it yet. It is at such a critical point, and he's clearly been buying time with the last few chapters. Hell, there was a 3 episode flashback, while that was nice, it didn't move the story too far ahead. I'm happy for the break, it will give Miura time to plan everything out. Look at how nicely the story was moving along in volumes 20-30! We need this Berserk back, and if Miura thinks a few years break is for the best, then I trust him.

He's also been writing/drawing Berserk exclusively for a LONG time. Everyone will get tired and burnt out on something if they work on it everyday.

Let's look at a similar situation: Stephen King's The Dark Tower series. Similar style of story. He started it in the 80's and took frequent breaks to work on other novels. He took 15 years to write the first 4 novels. And then he finished the last 3 books in 7 years, and they felt really, rushed. The conclusion was anticlimactic and unimaginative. My worst fear for Berserk is that a similar thing happens.

But this came out in the 80s. It should be completely done. Maybe he's so disturbed by it he can't finish due to it's graphic nature.

But this came out in the 80s. It should be completely done.

Berserk has OVER 300 episodes. It's not if Miura hasn't been working on it at all. He's put years of his life into this story, and has clear plans to finish it. The publication date of the first episode has no bearing on whether this "should" be done yet. That's simply the pace that Miura chooses to write at.

Honestly, I think Berserk needs a break.

IMO Miura doesn't know how to handle the story at this point. He knows how he wants it to ends, and the general direction he wants it to go, but isn't sure how to bridge it yet. It is at such a critical point, and he's clearly been buying time with the last few chapters. Hell, there was a 3 episode flashback, while that was nice, it didn't move the story too far ahead. I'm happy for the break, it will give Miura time to plan everything out. Look at how nicely the story was moving along in volumes 20-30! We need this Berserk back, and if Miura thinks a few years break is for the best, then I trust him.

He's also been writing/drawing Berserk exclusively for a LONG time. Everyone will get tired and burnt out on something if they work on it everyday.

Let's look at a similar situation: Stephen King's The Dark Tower series. Similar style of story. He started it in the 80's and took frequent breaks to work on other novels. He took 15 years to write the first 4 novels. And then he finished the last 3 books in 7 years, and they felt really, rushed. The conclusion was anticlimactic and unimaginative. My worst fear for Berserk is that a similar thing happens.

Well, said true fan .I feel he is burnt out hoping everything with Casca gets fixed and i want that epic battle they are pushing towards.

Sorry, but time is something he doesn't have. He's pushing close to 50 and most manga artists managed to stay on schedule. The months in delay should be more than enough time for him to plan out the story. I know he's a meticulous artist who is a perfectionist when it comes to his panel work, but seriously I'm not convinced he's really putting his full attention to Berserk. He doesn't have another 20 years to finish off a series that is estimated to be a little more than half way through. I find it laughable that he's working on another manga and planning a new one. Personally for me, I rather have a rushed ending written by Miura than not have one at all. At this rate, he will never finish it. I sincerely hope that he proves me wrong but I don't think he will.

If he can't finish it, he needs to write out the remainder of the story and have someone else finish it for him. We're looking at it never being completed at this rate. I for one don't feel like waiting another 30 years for the rest of the story.

Miura said a few times the story 70% finished guess well have to wait another decade for it to end.

Got my Medicom Guts going to do a mini review tomorrow.

Last edited:
Sorry, but time is something he doesn't have. He's pushing close to 50 and most manga artists managed to stay on schedule. The months in delay should be more than enough time for him to plan out the story. I know he's a meticulous artist who is a perfectionist when it comes to his panel work, but seriously I'm not convinced he's really putting his full attention to Berserk. He doesn't have another 20 years to finish off a series that is estimated to be a little more than half way through. I find it laughable that he's working on another manga and planning a new one. Personally for me, I rather have a rushed ending written by Miura than not have one at all. At this rate, he will never finish it. I sincerely hope that he proves me wrong but I don't think he will.

If he can't finish it, he needs to write out the remainder of the story and have someone else finish it for him. We're looking at it never being completed at this rate. I for one don't feel like waiting another 30 years for the rest of the story.

Agreed word for word.

He could at least do what J.r.r Martin did and tell the higher ups the conclusion to game of thrones so that should he die one day, they'll at least know how it ends and can end it accordingly.

I don't remember who the author was, but I believe Miura has already chosen an author to continue Berserk, and has all the notes/plot recorded so it can indeed be finished. While it won't be the same, at least we can feel relieved knowing that we WILL see the conclusion of Berserk if the worst were to happen.

Wow, THAT, I did not know. If true, then...well...great! Did he ever go into further details with it? Like, why the artist was chosen and why miura chose one to begin with?

Wow, THAT, I did not know. If true, then...well...great! Did he ever go into further details with it? Like, why the artist was chosen and why miura chose one to begin with?

Now, I was pretty sure I heard that from a reliable source in the past, but I can't seem to find much detail on it on the web. So I might just be making it all up haha! Don't trust me!

That's a nice back up plan but it kind of reminds me of the lack of dedication from the Image comic artists back in the day. They do their own books for a couple of years, stall, delays and then leaving the title to another artist. After a year the books are cancelled. In Japan, typically when a manga artist starts a series-there is an intent to end it. Most of them do. Rumiko Takahashi is one who's done a ton and finished them all with Urusei, Ranma, Maison and Inu Yasha. Compared to Miura she's blown him away in pages even if her art is a lot more simplistic.
I love Berserk but I really hate Miura's work ethics. If he stuck with a typical 8 hour work load a day, Berserk would be finished. Instead he's playing Idolmaster at least 8 hours a day. Unlike Martin, Miura stated he's constantly changing his mind about the story and does not know how it will end. He really should take one whole year to leave his legacy behind and finish the series. Afterwards we really don't care what game he plays and for how long he plays it. Love hate relationship with this series.

Its awesome to see people talk about this great story think its been a year since the last release.

Its awesome to see people talk about this great story think its been a year since the last release.

I'm one of the lucky ones who started reading the manga late. I watched the original anime time and time again since it was first released. Not until recently I decided I needed to know more and read the manga from 1-37 in one sitting. Now I have to join every one and wait. This is the brutal part especially after that last scene of Falconia. Joined late in collecting the Figmas. Only missing the Black Swordsman, but he's so expensive right now. :(

Back