Ben Kingsley’s ‘Secret Marvel Project’ Revealed - Marvel Short Film

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And for the record, this secret project/short film is not retconning anything either. Scriptwriter already said AGES ago that it was always his intent that there is a REAL mandarin and REAL 10 rings organizeation out there. that the ones in his story were intended to be rip offs/Knock off's/fakes, etc that killian was simply using the names for himself.

And besides, why else would "Trever" need plastic surgery, if not to make him look like the real Mandarin?

So it'll be Trevor then Killian then finally the real Mandarin?

I wonder if there'll be a fourth "real" Mandarin after that :lol

I think Kingsley would play both roles (i.e. plastic surgery). It would certainly be interesting to see and Kingsley is such a great actor I think he could bring some real depth to the villain. I actually liked the Mandarin up until the "twist" which some loudmouth had to spoil on one of the boards. I was okay with Iron Man 3 as a whole. These are popcorn flicks after all.

I think Kingsley would play both roles (i.e. plastic surgery). It would certainly be interesting to see and Kingsley is such a great actor I think he could bring some real depth to the villain. I actually liked the Mandarin up until the "twist" which some loudmouth had to spoil on one of the boards. I was okay with Iron Man 3 as a whole. These are popcorn flicks after all.

I'm expecting Kingsley to play both Trevandorin, and "Real Mandarin" as well.

Don't really agree with the bolded part however.

Then again, i see a "popcorn flick" as Horror and B-movies. These aren't oscar Bait either. they're just stories.

They should just let it go, and focus on new storylines... trying to fix something they ruined, will only be a reminder of the huge mess they created... just do something else...

Trevor was pretending to be The Mandarin.

Killian was pretending to be The Mandarin.

This new Mandarin is supposed to be the "real" Mandarin, but there's nothing stopping them from making him a pretend one aswell.

They should just let it go, and focus on new storylines... trying to fix something they ruined, will only be a reminder of the huge mess they created... just do something else...

Unless, you know, by some strange miracle, it works and they get it right this time.

and they did try something new, but appearently I'm the only one who like Agents of Shield.

Unless, you know, by some strange miracle, it works and they get it right this time.

Because it's sillier to now show the "Real" Mandarin...

and they did try something new, but appearently I'm the only one who like Agents of Shield.

How is it something new if they are using 'Extremis" as part of the story-line? :dunno

What difference does it make to show it "now" than later or sooner? According to the scriptwrite, this was allways his intention.

Unless your point is that it was a stupid, and contrived idea from the begenning, and shouldn't have been the direction the film took in the first place. In which case, I agree with you.

It is something new, But they're establishing that it's set in the same universe. Extremis was used in the first episode for the same reason that leftover Hydra weapon/tech was used in the second. to establish it in the same universe as the movies for the stupid.

However, I DO think that approach is overall holding the show back.

What difference does it make to show it "now" than later or sooner? According to the scriptwrite, this was allways his intention.

Unless your point is that it was a stupid, and contrived idea from the begenning, and shouldn't have been the direction the film took in the first place. In which case, I agree with you.

It is something new, But they're establishing that it's set in the same universe. Extremis was used in the first episode for the same reason that leftover Hydra weapon/tech was used in the second. to establish it in the same universe as the movies for the stupid.

:exactly::exactly::exactly:

The Thing is with the Mandarin is they had the fake Mandarin as 10x better than the real (now second fake) mandarin.

Kingsley Mandarin from the trailers could've been better than Ledgers Joker, he was that cool.

This brings a smile to my face. I loved Ben Kingsley in Iron Man 3, and I thought the twist with Trevor was brilliant (in a trolling, "the nerds expected it like this, let's **** with their expectations" way). Nobody really saw that coming and Marvel/Disney did a great job keeping that under wraps until opening day.

More Ben Kingsley? I couldn't be happier.

If they do make it so that Kingsley plays the "REAL" Mandarin and Trevor Slattery, it's a win-win in my book. There was obviously someone else behind the scenes other than Killian judging by Iron Man I, and Trevor DID say he got prosthetics and face altering crap done. I say bring it on. It'd be even better if this is just a Trevor Slattery short film. I really wanted to see the world's reaction to the "real" Mandarin other than what we get at the end montage of Iron Man III.

The Thing is with the Mandarin is they had the fake Mandarin as 10x better than the real (now second fake) mandarin.

Kingsley Mandarin from the trailers could've been better than Ledgers Joker, he was that cool.

So he just takes That version, goes a little deeper into the rabbit hole, and makes it a "REAL" guy.

Why is this a bad idea?

Then again, i see a "popcorn flick" as Horror and B-movies. These aren't oscar Bait either. they're just stories.

I'll grant that. I don't expect these movies to be War & Peace just an entertaining evening at the theater and one home DVD.

Anyway I think these shorts from Marvel are really a fantastic idea for expanding the universe and exploring/introducing other characters without the commitment of a theatrical release. I haven't seen the Carter short yet but look forward to seeing the "real Mandarin". Would be cool to see shorts for characters like Iron Patriot, the Warriors Three, Scarlet Witch and Pietro, Giant Man & Wasp, Red Skull, etc. I'm sure if the formula ends up working and studios can figure a way to monetize there will be more of these shorts to come. Would not be surprised to see DC follow suit.

Good call on DC. it 'd be a GREAT way for them to test the watters with what they feel are "less popular characters too weird or undeserving of feature film treatment"
Like Green lantern, and Wonder Woman.

i don't read comics yet know that in the marvel universe, anything is possible. even bringing back kingsley as the terrorist 'the mandarin' whom trevor portrayed in IM3 as a double. enter those magic rings so many people here were upset over not being a part of the story line. better secure your mandarin figure before it sells out and doubles in price! LOL

Why would he go after Tony Stark?

I see this "one shot" dealing with him Going after Trever and Killian for Ruining his "good name". Tony dosn't get involved until after the Murder of Those two, which might at first look like they escaped from prison.

Just a thought.

Escape from prison? Killians dead man. Pepper fried him.

Why would he go after Trevor, the guy was a payed junkie nobody actor who sucked **** for drugs.

IF they do this, would it not make a million times more sense to tie this real Mandarin into the ten rings from IM1 who worked with Stane to kidnapp Stark, who funded Vanko and gave him a passport in IM2 so he could kill Stark... or in other words the guy whos been responsible for the entire plot of the first two films and Jon was working to in 3 until they told him to **** himself and drive them around. It was a brilliant story arc that was bastardised and now makes you question the legitimacy of all 3 movies. Thats why fake Mandarin was a slap in the face.

Escape from prison? Killians dead man. Pepper fried him.

Why would he go after Trevor, the guy was a payed junkie nobody actor who sucked **** for drugs.

IF they do this, would it not make a million times more sense to tie this real Mandarin into the ten rings from IM1 who worked with Stane to kidnapp Stark, who funded Vanko and gave him a passport in IM2 so he could kill Stark... or in other words the guy whos been responsible for the entire plot of the first two films and Jon was working to in 3 until they told him to **** himself and drive them around. It was a brilliant story arc that was bastardised and now makes you question the legitimacy of all 3 movies. Thats why fake Mandarin was a slap in the face.

The way I see it, Killian is AIM. I forgot that Pepper Fried hi,m, but we Didn't see a body. So that could go either way.

Also, unless I miss my mark, the scriptwriter and director said that The ten rings from the first two films, is not the same one we see in IM3. it's a Dummy organizeation being used by aim to get people to buy their product.

Crony Capitalisim manipulation.

Back