Be careful...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would be careful of the seller in question; over the last year I have occasionally watched LOTR items that have been listed with some damage and I have noticed that this seller has acquired several which were damaged at prices approx£200 below mint condition vaue, including: aragorn as strider, orc swordsman, uruk-hai swordsman, a cave troll which had been advertised after a "broken right arm below" had been repaired, and recently a balrog mentioned earlier. He recently "cold e-mailed" me after I was 2nd highest bidder on a couple of items offering me the option to purchase. However he did not reply to my email enquiring about statue number, condition of statue, had he had it from new, and option to collect in person. My concern is that he has multiples of the same statues some have been repaired so my advice is to avoid as his prices are way too high and you may pay a high price for a repaired item.:lsvader

Yeah he recently bought a damaged an artist proof cavey. Noticed he had another one so wouldn't at all be surprised if the bases were swapped over.

He is obviously not going to be able to sell them like this but will no doubt get offers. He fails to mention that the Cave Troll AP is damaged and God knows what else.

but cct , if he says everything else is in mint conditon, and is they are not is this not fraud? or illegal to ebay so he had to take it back or give an discount?
cause honestly i was thinking about that one, and as above he tols me that these are 3 caveys, just forget to add one to the list, so at best would be a new listing wich says if anthing is broken or repaired you get let say 20% discount for this item?

everybody who wnat or can contact me via pm please to help a fella out..:chew

Dang, he's buying more damaged poly again...

Balrog

So much for the statement "I have been collecting these statues now for nearly 2 years and have now decided it is time for a change and to put my money into something else"...

as long as no one buys them he's just wasting time and fees. make sure we alert everyone when his BIG auctions are out there again. that's all we can do.

Yeah its no ethical is it. Especially when your spending that much on the statue, either he's swapped the bases over with his other cavey, or he is simply selling this damaged under false pretences. The interesting thing is with the photos, he takes 2 of the chain, where the initial damage was, so if someone buys it he will maybe say he showed the damage, otherwise these foto's seem pretty random. He seems pretty keen on the UHSS statue, he used a BIN on one from sweden which i fancied. Watch out CCT he may bid for yours.

Colin

Back