BCS MNational Title game Oregon vs Auburn Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
His dad continues to lie to everyone. Can't blame him for wanting to be there but......

https://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footb...ports-Cecil-Newton-was-at-BC?urn=ncaaf-306263

Cecil Newton didn't see his son Cam quarterback Auburn to an SEC title or win the Heisman Trophy. And he wasn't supposed to see him play in Monday night's BCS Championship Game either. It was all part of a punishment restricting the elder Newton to "limited access" to Auburn's football program after it was discovered that he shopped his son to Mississippi State for $180,000 during his recruiting process.
Yet, after Cam led Auburn to a thrilling 22-19 victory over the second-ranked Oregon Ducks, father and son were captured on camera in a joyous embrace in the stands. The photo, captured by Vasha Hunt of the Opelika-Auburn News, was snapped moments after Newton was seen looking for his father in the crowd at University of Phoenix Stadium.
Earlier in the day, Auburn athletic director Jay Jacobs said Cecil Newton wouldn't be attending the national championship game. It was a "mutually agreed upon" decision, Jacobs said.
Evidently no one told that to Cecil, who managed to stay unseen during the game, sitting away from his family and out of the view of ESPN cameras. He wasn't on Auburn's ticket list and the university later denied giving him admission to the game.
Though we shouldn't begrudge Cecil the right to see his son play in the biggest game of his life, the incident is a slap in the face to Auburn. The school was misled about the father's plans and then had to do damage control hours after the greatest win in school history.
Cecil Newton put Auburn through enough agita over the past two months. The least he could have done was spared them more on Monday night.

Finding excuses and making complaints is tiresome, and these arguments are all based in some non-existent fantasy land where "if only this happened then" X, Y, Z. People need to get over it, and stop making lame ass, weak sauce excuses for why mid-major X deserves to be playing with big boys. They've got their options. If they don't like the rules, they can try to change them. They can switch conferences. Or, they can try to improve the quality of their weak-ass rivals somehow. But to keep whining and _____ing about how unfair it all is is a bit sad.

I think a playoff would be good for the NCAA. I remember a lot of people saying that Seattle should be in the playoffs yet they beat the defending champs. So to say that someone asking for a playoff game for teams that deserve to be there is living fantasyland then I counter with "that's why they play the game".

Look if you feel that the SEC will dominate no matter what then why would you care if there is a playoff system? They'll beat everyone anyways so let the chips fall where they may so to speak. Plus it would be much more exciting (like march madness).

I'm not against a playoff at all. If you want to know who the best team is, I think a playoff is a better way of doing that than the stupid BCS system (which I don't really like).

My post was in response to the talk that the championship game wasn't legit because TCU, Boisie, West Arkansas State, Delgado Community College, or whomever should have been involved. Those teams have no room to complain, because they want to be legitimized by the system without doing what other teams do to really earn that chance.

And guess what? TCU ain't complaining:

https://content.usatoday.com/commun...s-gary-patterson-on-bcs-leave-it-like-it-is/1

While the system is broken, you have to accept the champion in the current system, because that's the only system there is. TCU is moving to a BCS Conference, because they want a better chance to prove themselves and to get into the big game. And if they do, and if they win, then bravo to them. But a Boisie or whomever playing one hard game a year? Sorry, but that's just not enough to warrant getting into the national title game.

Sadly TCU is moving to the Big East which shouldn't have an automatic bid to a BCS game but they do so more power to TCU.

He is smart to declare and enter this draft. His stock will never be higher.
I can understand guys wanting to spend an extra year in college--because college is fun! But the risk is too high. If there is a reasonable chance that a guy is gonna get a lucrative NFL contract, then they should go for it for the financial stability it gives them alone.

Of course, it is also good for Newton to do this before the whole controversy implodes around Auburn. :lol

He is smart to declare and enter this draft. His stock will never be higher.

He isn't smart he really has NO choice. If he stayed he gets busted and has to sit the whole year out and his stock drops more then it did at the BCS NC game.

The guy's dirty and he only plays for money so it's obviuos that he declare for the draft. He'll be exposed while in the NFL (both for what happened at Auburn and how the NFL will eat him up) and he'll get what is coming to him.

Call it Karma or whatever but eventually it catches up, plus quarterbacks like him don't seem to transition well into the pros so he better take all the money now......

You figure Reggie Bush returning the Heisman is karma? Now he only finds solace in his millions of dollars, scores of adoring fans (despite his tendency to fumble at key moments), beautiful model girlfriends, and mansion. :monkey2

if call spending most of the year injured a good thing then sure, but in retrospect what Cam has done is actually way worse so the Karma will be way worse.

You figure Reggie Bush returning the Heisman is karma? Now he only finds solace in his millions of dollars, scores of adoring fans (despite his tendency to fumble at key moments), beautiful model girlfriends, and mansion. :monkey2

Cam isn't getting that kind of money , one he won't get drafted nearly that high, two he will be subject the rookie wage scale, if he even gets paid this year(lets not forget there is ZERO guarantee that there will be a NFL season next year). Sure he will get paid but he is going to get pennies on the dollar compared to what Bush got.

Now Karma would be him blowing he knees out at the combine and not getting a chance to play.:lol

I wasn't suggesting Cam was getting what Bush did, but bringing up the kind of "karma" I've seen Bush experience. True, he's been injured a fair amount (and not only this year), but that's not unusual in the NFL for anybody.

I guess I am a cynic who believes the bad guys often get away without being bothered very much.

Again though, I'm sure there are plenty of good guys working offensive lines that end up in the same or worse shape than many of the high-living, amoral, gun-toting, pedestrian killing wide receivers out there.

Back