BCS MNational Title game Oregon vs Auburn Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TCU just moved to a BCS conf so we'll see how that plays out....yes it's the big least but I'm all for a playoff...If you have a playoff you determine a CLEAR champion

Yup, then folks can get off that lame ass excuse at least with them. A good football team Boise State or TCU no matter who they play can hang with anyone. Give me a playoff and lets see how the chips fall.

How is it a lame ass excuse to say that you don't deserve to be in the title game unless you prove yourself against quality opponents in the regular season?

You can't prove they can hang until you stick them in with a real quality opponent in a bowl game, because 90% of their games are against glorified community college teams.

Unless you have a playoff, which we don't, you can't just say that a team with a good record belongs in the title game without factoring in their schedule.

Anytime Boise State plays teams from BCS Conferences the last few years they win.

This season is yet another reason why we need a playoff. It would keep two undefeated teams from being that undefeated.

You think they deserve the benefit of the doubt at the end of one season, based on their performance at the end of a previous season, against a team that probably got beat the hell up from playing more serious competition all year long?

Again, they can move to a BCS conference (if they haven't already), and follow the rules like everybody else. Put up or shut up, IMO. No use saying teams should be considered this or that, because the system is what it is, and it isn't set-up to allow teams with weak regular season schedules to play in the national title game, and rightly so.

You think they deserve the benefit of the doubt at the end of one season, based on their performance at the end of a previous season, against a team that probably got beat the hell up from playing more serious competition all year long?

Oh please don't give me that they're beat up BS. :lol They all play football and get beat up all the same. Weak sauce excuse.

Again, they can move to a BCS conference (if they haven't already), and follow the rules like everybody else. Put up or shut up, IMO. No use saying teams should be considered this or that, because the system is what it is, and it isn't set-up to allow teams with weak regular season schedules to play in the national title game, and rightly so.

The rules are broken everyone outside of a few folks realize this. Those folks use this weak ass excuse.

They should just make the winner of the SEC the national champs and make another sub-division for everyone else.

Yeah, cause nobody in the history of football outside of the SEC has won a national title. :lol

*Now I get the we've won the last 5 comment.

Sounds like sour grapes from a fan of a team in the new sub class. Your trophy will still look the same. It'll just be cubic zirconia.

No, no sour grapes. :lol How did Georgia do? :monkey3

Funny the south had this same idea about having their own thing. Didn't work out so well the last time did it? :lol Maybe we can dig Sherman up and send him that way again to let him finish the job this time. :wave

Finding excuses and making complaints is tiresome, and these arguments are all based in some non-existent fantasy land where "if only this happened then" X, Y, Z. People need to get over it, and stop making lame ass, weak sauce excuses for why mid-major X deserves to be playing with big boys. They've got their options. If they don't like the rules, they can try to change them. They can switch conferences. Or, they can try to improve the quality of their weak-ass rivals somehow. But to keep whining and _____ing about how unfair it all is is a bit sad.

Sounds like sour grapes from a fan of a team in the new sub class. Your trophy will still look the same. It'll just be cubic zirconia.
LOL

So it's OK to juice, then, in the eyes of a moral authority such as yourself mfoga? It's just stealing a computer and looking for money that crosses a line?

I'm not defending the guy. I think he's a bum. But I accept that football is rife with dirty, cheating bastards who will do anything to win. You aren't gonna find a contending team that doesn't have that. If you think you are, then you're fooling yourself.

And as for Josh, BCS can institute a playoff system, or TCU can move to a conference with the big boys. Until then, they play within the structure of the system just like everybody else and don't have a right to complain unless they want to step up and play a tough season of football like teams in tough BCS conferences. I think NCAA should have a playoff system. And if they did, I would be confident an SEC team would win at this point in time. But they don't, so no use _____ing about it and trying to undermine the teams that do what they are supposed to given the current system.

In any case, whatever you want to infer, and whatever happens in the future, in the current system, an SEC team wins the national championship once again. They are dominant.

Did I saw that? NOPE. There a lot less kids "juicing" in College then you think,(ok maybe not in the SEC). Having worked on a college training staff I personally know how often and how randomly they are forced to piss test. Sure they could be using HGH, but I still think its much less then you think. If they own their own chose to do HGH, its not right but there is not much a school can do on this.

But fr a kid who was a theif, and a cheat at Florida( cheated on tests) then discusses money with one school (got a whole 2 day suspension for this) and then miraculously ended up at another school for free (yeah right he got paid) he is a cheat.

This one single kid has been an issue for 3 (25% of the SEC)

You know what sure there is going to be some sort of rules violation at every school, ( there are more rules then anyone can know) but to me the worst one is the pay for play crap, that takes it to a whole different level. What the OSU kids, or hell what Bush did are nothing compared to this.

They should just make the winner of the SEC the national champs and make another sub-division for everyone else.

They fill fall back to earth, it always happens. Plus once the NCAA starts to protect players, the dirty ass cheap shot filled SEC will have to learn how to play.

Did I saw that? NOPE. There a lot less kids "juicing" in College then you think,(ok maybe not in the SEC). Having worked on a college training staff I personally know how often and how randomly they are forced to piss test. Sure they could be using HGH, but I still think its much less then you think. If they own their own chose to do HGH, its not right but there is not much a school can do on this.
clueless.jpg

You know what sure there is going to be some sort of rules violation at every school, ( there are more rules then anyone can know) but to me the worst one is the pay for play crap, that takes it to a whole different level. What the OSU kids, or hell what Bush did are nothing compared to this.

Show me one big time football program that doesn't have some sort of pay for play program and I'll show you a football program that ranks at best #100 out of #119.

ALL OF THEM CHEAT...some are just better at covering their tracks than others.

Show me one big time football program that doesn't have some sort of pay for play program and I'll show you a football program that ranks at best #100 out of #119.

Show me more then on current player who is being payed or is only one player out of 1000s thats getting caught

I agree to some extent....but we are talking about nearly 200k....that kind of money doesn't just get swept under the rug.

Back