• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

[bbkill] Bond Connery, 28 Nov calling payment #1

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thought I'd post some pictures of the sculpt.

Connery 2.jpg

Connery 1.jpg

bbkill Connery 360.jpg

And just for fun...

Bond 360.gif

I have a bit of a loud seam line on mine. I don't want to ruin the skin texture. Is light sandpaper recommended, Chu? Or Jake or anyone?

All is good as mine arrived today. Too bad we can't find a painter to do a run for us. Jake is my first choice, but alas, he has become more popular than the Pope.

I have a bit of a loud seam line on mine. I don't want to ruin the skin texture. Is light sandpaper recommended, Chu? Or Jake or anyone?
Sure, but even a pro modeler will find it hard to tackle a seam with tiny texture around....
So at the end I always leave the seam untouched if it's not a 1mm stair step.

However I should give a big thank you to my caster because the connery run is my best production cast to date~ It's too hard to manage a large quantity in short time with quality. And I'm happy to see all of you like my sculpts~:)

For Roger, yes I'm planning on it~ my pleasure to produce the full bond line~(if enough interest for sure~ahhahah)

Thank you guys~

GREAT sculpt! I am sooooooooooooo happy today, you don't even know. Thank you! And thank you to your caster.

And thank you for the advice. I'll leave it alone.

My tip for serious customizers who are going to buy privately cast heads: invest in Rio Rondo's carbide scrapers to remove the ridges that sometimes appear at seam lines. I've had a set for years. Rio Rondo Enterprises -- Model Horse Tackmaking Kits & Supplies (scroll down and you'll see the link). Also, get the image of sanding with paper out of your mind. This is more like micro-whittling! :wink1:

For Roger, yes I'm planning on it~ my pleasure to produce the full bond line~(if enough interest for sure~ahhahah)

Oh, and I missed this before -- but that's AWESOME NEWS! bbkill's Roger Moore as James Bond!!! Count me it!

My tip for serious customizers who are going to buy privately cast heads: invest in Rio Rondo's carbide scrapers to remove the ridges that sometimes appear at seam lines. I've had a set for years. Rio Rondo Enterprises -- Model Horse Tackmaking Kits & Supplies (scroll down and you'll see the link). Also, get the image of sanding with paper out of your mind. This is more like micro-whittling! :wink1:

That's good info, thank you, Gruff!

Dear bbkill

I already sent payment through Paypal. I am appreciated if you could inform me the shipping date.

12-4-14:

Can I buy Bond Connery Head?

12-6-14:

Dear bbkill

I already sent payment through Paypal. I am appreciated if you could inform me the shipping date.

Ethan, I do not see your name on the list, and no response from bbkill to you original question. I do not think you can just throw a payment at someone and expect to get something when there is a line in front of you.

You will likely have to wait and see if there are any left and if bbkill is willing to sell to a member with 8 posts.

12-4-14:

12-6-14:

Ethan, I do not see your name on the list, and no response from bbkill to you original question. I do not think you can just throw a payment at someone and expect to get something when there is a line in front of you.

You will likely have to wait and see if there are any left and if bbkill is willing to sell to a member with 8 posts.

Dear Wor-Gar

Sorry for any misunderstanding. To clear the misunderstanding. I followed the instruction of BBkill to ask him before I make any payment. He replied me by his mail - [email protected] that he accepted my purchase request and he told me to make payment. Honestly, I just follow his instruction.

If my message made anyone uncomfortable. I hereby apologized.

Regards

Dear Wor-Gar

Sorry for any misunderstanding. To clear the misunderstanding. I followed the instruction of BBkill to ask him before I make any payment. He replied me by his mail - [email protected] that he accepted my purchase request and he told me to make payment. Honestly, I just follow his instruction.

If my message made anyone uncomfortable. I hereby apologized.

Regards

Thanks Ethan, I received your PM. Hope you received mine. My sincere apologies to you for policing the thread. There is a tendency on the board for people to just zip in and pay and then expect immediate service. Thank you for clearing up my misconception and very happy that you will be getting a Connery head, it's a beautiful piece of work.

It's totally understandable Wor Gar being protective about those who have been waiting for this project. for guys like us who have been not only waiting for this since the first time bbkill hinted at this sculpt but for years.

I started the 1/6 game with the intention that id just have the 6 bonds on my shelf. I'd repaint the sideshows, and have a nice, clean classy display of a few dolls. So what it was bond! Now years later looking at the mess of figures I have I had no idea it would become that. And the irony is I still don't have my damn bonds! Well I have peirce and Craig but now that Sean is nearing completion at a level that does him justice I'm feeling like the circle is closing. I could live with just Roger but having the other two would be icing on the cake. Stoked to see Chu wants to take them all on!

Received mine a few days ago, but I was out of town. Finally got to see it last night. It is a.ma.zing! I'm very pleased and so happy to have a Bbkill sculpt. :)

Back