BBC Sherlock Custom Figures Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really? The Daco is a nice sculpt, but the shape and size of the eyes just looks a bit off to me.

What do you mean "really?". I actually thought you were joking. :lol In that case, I learned a long, long time ago that there's zero point arguing over sculpt likenesses. It's subjective. We're all entitled to opinions. :duff To me, the Poptoys one is better than their last attempt but still looks pretty awful. Daco version is way undersized, not as good as Viva's, but still the best I've been able to get hold of so far.

I ordered an unpainted Daco Watson today. I like the sculpt, just none of the paints I've seen so far have impressed me.

Anyway, moving on. . .

This looks pretty good all up together. So, I might display one version like this:

FullSizeRender(14).jpg

I really do like the shoes though :lol

FullSizeRender(15).jpg

However, I almost lost one of those buttons. They're tiny and stuck on. Well, one fell off and I spotted it. God knows how.

Also, on his lounge jacket - those are tiny buttons with holes and sewn on. Impressive.

Really? The Daco is a nice sculpt, but the shape and size of the eyes just looks a bit off to me.

I agree with you. I think part of it is because the way the eyes are painted. I am not sure what it is per se as the shade used on the Daco custom appears to be the right shade of color. The iris of the eye might be a tad too small. Also, the bridge of his nose is too wide. While Benedict Cumberbatch has a wise nose bridge, it narrows subtlety in the middle whereas the Daco sculpt goes straight down. Lastly, the lines on the top of the bridge on both HS are too define - even if Cumberbatch has those lines, they aren't visible in post photos online.

I have a Daco sculpt painted by Pete and I prefer that one even though the shade of eye color is wrong since it looks more like Cumberbatch. As said earlier, it might be the size of the iris being too small on the Daco painted version.

I agree with you. I think part of it is because the way the eyes are painted. I am not sure what it is per se as the shade used on the Daco custom appears to be the right shade of color. The iris of the eye might be a tad too small. Also, the bridge of his nose is too wide. While Benedict Cumberbatch has a wise nose bridge, it narrows subtlety in the middle whereas the Daco sculpt goes straight down. Lastly, the lines on the top of the bridge on both HS are too define - even if Cumberbatch has those lines, they aren't visible in post photos online.

I have a Daco sculpt painted by Pete and I prefer that one even though the shade of eye color is wrong since it looks more like Cumberbatch. As said earlier, it might be the size of the iris being too small on the Daco painted version.

And this is why I try to avoid these conversations :lol It's pointless.

For the record, I wasn't saying the Daco sculpt was perfect. It's far from it. I don't like the fact it's so undersized. I was saying that I don't see that the Poptoys one is better, but Davejames does, which is fair enough. Again - opinions.

The best I've personally seen so far is the Viva one here and I've spoken to Viva about it yesterday.

Anx10us, do you think the Viva one will be released?

And do you by any chance have more photos of it?

;-)

Anx10us, do you think the Viva one will be released?

And do you by any chance have more photos of it?

;-)

Sadly not, no. He said it was a one off for him. Which you can understand because he did it under commission for Hot Toys - so he'd get himself into trouble doing a Sherlock version for us. Would be bloody awesome if BCS approached him and did it all officially though, but that won't happen.

I even asked if it was the same sculpt as the Dr Strange and he said it's a different expression. Which you can see when they're side by side. Strange is frowning.

STRANGE1__93459.1474642159.1280.1280.jpeg

Just found post in fb by Vimal-he did Poptoys Victorian Cumberbatch.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Would a ttm22 work for a Watson custom? Ordered a sculpt and need a good body to put it on.

I ordered a sculpt too. Is that the Daco one? I'm waiting for mine because the BCS Watson is on a small body and the Daco Sherlock sculpt was undersized.

I ordered a sculpt too. Is that the Daco one? I'm waiting for mine because the BCS Watson is on a small body and the Daco Sherlock sculpt was undersized.

I believe so. I bought it from Kumakuma. I want the BCS Watson, but the stock is running low and I won't get paid for another 2 weeks. So I may just have to kitbash.

I believe so. I bought it from Kumakuma. I want the BCS Watson, but the stock is running low and I won't get paid for another 2 weeks. So I may just have to kitbash.

I ordered an unpainted one and will need to find someone to paint it.

By complete coincidence, I managed to grab a new BCS Watson for £80 ($100) so I was lucky. They come up on ebay for good prices from time to time.

I ordered an unpainted one and will need to find someone to paint it.

By complete coincidence, I managed to grab a new BCS Watson for £80 ($100) so I was lucky. They come up on ebay for good prices from time to time.

Thanks, I'll have to keep an eye out. I'm going to paint him myself, so at least I can save some money on that front.

Back