Bayonetta

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn't say the game was overhyped. I'd not really heard aout it until a couple of months before its release. Over rated. Yes. I can't believe edge gave this 10/10. Never going to trust thier reviews again. They have given some of my fave games 7's and 8's but this a perfect. Something stinks

Perhaps you're right in that "overrated" seems to be the more appropriate term. In any case, Edge Magazine is definitely one of the harshest critics out there when it comes to videogames, and until Bayonetta came around, I've never seen them give out a perfect rating before (EVER). In terms of ratings, Metal Gear Solid 4 got an 8/10 from Edge, and Uncharted 2 a 9/10. Taking those games into consideration, and for Edge to award Bayonetta with a perfect score, just seems very suspicious.

Now, for those of you who like Bayonetta, I'm not here to rag on your parade. For what it is, Bayonetta is a good game, but, I just don't believe that it's worthy of all the critical acclaim that it's gotten thus far.

I feel as though the game has plenty of substance, and it delivers. Worthy of a perfect score? No. Personally I don't know why people talk about the sex appeal. I don't find the game tries to be overly sexy. Maybe it's just me. I think people that talk about all the game has is sex appeal are just ignorant.

I have PS3 version, there is a ton of slowdown and screen tearing, and loading takes forever. That's pretty bad.

The game is pretty good, but I can't help but feel the difficulty is toned down for casuals. Maybe it's just me and my masochistic love for Ninja Gaiden difficulty.

I got to play this game for a while over at a buddy's today. I think it's a pretty shameful, pandering experience. If they took the (admittedly awesome) battle system and put it into a better story with characters that I gave a ____ about, then this game would actually be halfway decent.

I feel like if I were still in my teen years, before I had a girlfriend or significant encounters with females, I'd be all over this game.

This game is pretty good. You just have to embrace the ridiculous...ness.

I got to play this game for a while over at a buddy's today. I think it's a pretty shameful, pandering experience. If they took the (admittedly awesome) battle system and put it into a better story with characters that I gave a ____ about, then this game would actually be halfway decent.

I feel like if I were still in my teen years, before I had a girlfriend or significant encounters with females, I'd be all over this game.

Your right, no straight male with a girlfriend or wife likes to play tight games with hot half naked chicks in them.

Well said. Even though I never had a girlfriend (I'm straight, btw :rotfl), I share your sentiments. For me to be interested in a video game, it must have a good storyline, and characters that I'm able to empathize with. That's why I hold games like MGS 4, Uncharted, and God of War in very high esteem. And that's why Bayonetta doesn't live up to my own standards.

I played the Bayonetta demo over the weekend, and I was baffled, as to why so many people were enthralled by this game. The magic just wasn't there for me.

But regardless of my opinion, kudos to everyone who likes Bayonetta (to each their own tastes).

Well said. Even though I never had a girlfriend (I'm straight, btw :rotfl), I share your sentiments. For me to be interested in a video game, it must have a good storyline, and characters that I'm able to empathize with. That's why I hold games like MGS 4, Uncharted, and God of War in very high esteem. And that's why Bayonetta doesn't live up to my own standards.

I played the Bayonetta demo over the weekend, and I was baffled, as to why so many people were enthralled by this game. The magic just wasn't there for me.

But regardless of my opinion, kudos to everyone who likes Bayonetta (to each their own tastes).

I'm with ya on that. I wouldn't mind the shameless exploitation of the game as long as the story was at least half-interesting. Bayonetta is a fairly vapid experience in that regard.

I actually have a problem with Bayonetta herself. For a character who is supposedly designed as sex appeal, her head is too small for her body and she sounds like Bruce Lee when she fights.

Gameplay wise I find the game to be solid. I think alot of people forget that DMC had a nonsensical story as well. I just find alot of negative attention has come about due to people's expectations being so high probably due to the glowing reviews. Is it overrated? Maybe. Is it the 1st game to be? Nope.

Just picked this one up for the 360 today with giftcards from X-mas. The demo was rocking, and I'm loving it so far. No idea what's goin on but the in game moves are bad ass and just the amount of craziness on screen is awesome.

So crazy and who doesn't love playing as a sexy witch with pistols?!

Back