Battlestar Galactica - anyone up for a Baltar head?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the red dress would be easier to make, but wouldnt know what to stick on her feet ?,

Also maybe the Cylonesque outfit she's known for ?, the one when the Nukes go of on Caprica ! but Im guessing that would be a lot harder to replicate in 1/6th

I think because she has had many guises it will be down to the sculpt to personify Six, hopefully its as good as the Baltar, that said an accurate 'iconic' dress will make her imho if the sculpts just as good

Last edited:
I'm still interested in the Six heads, but it'd be dependant on the artist.

Trying to think of a way to say this without hurting any feelings, but I'd prefer an artist with more availble time for sculpting. We're at 19+ months with Baltar, and we still don't even have castings made.

I'm still interested in the Six heads, but it'd be dependant on the artist.

Trying to think of a way to say this without hurting any feelings, but I'd prefer an artist with more availble time for sculpting. We're at 19+ months with Baltar, and we still don't even have castings made.

Did you part with your money 19+ months ago ?

If so then Id have to agree, that is a long time to wait for a commision. Id expect a commision at worst to be produced within a 12 month window of payment

The Triad Evolution body isnt going to be launched for 6 months given the quality of Sunohc's work I wouldnt have any issues with him doing Six (and lets face it, its usually better to get the set from the same artist), as long as I dont part with my money, with no return for 19 months I have no issues with commisioning a Six head, from sunohc. Your taking a chance with any sculptor, getting the perfect likeness for you, but sunohc has a good track record, from what I can see, of coming close to perfect.

I also know theres other sculptors on these boards so its down to everyone else and agreeing on it

Its also down to sunohc and whether he'd want to do it also !

But by the looks of things theres 2 people interested in a Six

Cryoguns
Mooncat

Last edited:
Did you part with your money 19+ months ago ?

If so then Id have to agree, that is a long time to wait for a commision. Id expect a commision at worst to be produced within a 12 month window of payment

The Triad Evolution body isnt going to be launched for 6 months given the quality of Sunohc's work I wouldnt have any issues with him doing Six (and lets face it, its usually better to get the set from the same artist), as long as I dont part with my money, with no return for 19 months I have no issues with commisioning a Six head, from sunohc. Your taking a chance with any sculptor, getting the perfect likeness for you, but sunohc has a good track record, from what I can see, of coming close to perfect.

I also know theres other sculptors on these boards so its down to everyone else and agreeing on it

Its also down to sunohc and whether he'd want to do it also !

Cryoguns
Mooncat

Yes, I did actually pay 19 months ago. I have no issue with the quality of his work or how Baltar's head turned out, just dissapointed at the timeframe and apparent lack of interest in the project. The long wait has really kinda killed my enthusiasm in it and I honestly don't have much desire in finishing a Baltar figure now. But I still want what I paid for, y'know?

Again, no offense, but I wouldn't be interested in commissioning another sculpt from Daniel.

wonder if a medi body next to the evo could get these heights ? (guess I wont know till July 2009 - probably later knowing Triad and postage) plus medi's arent that cheap

season3_cast08.jpg
https://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j146/DarthBoz/season3_cast08.jpg

I'd also be interested in a Six. I think thatinterest could perk up a lot on BG figures with the remainder of Season 4 airing soon. It's just a mater of how long we'd have to wait.

Also, I think the Evalution from Triad is an ideal body for Six....

Ok small update. I think I have the patteren worked out for the fabric print. Hopefully I can get some mock-up images posted later tonight. I have done some rough work on Six as well. Until then here is a picture of the outfit I just completed for The My Name is Earl commision we have under way. More updates to come... Stay tuned ...:D

Thanks,
Ryan

earl-proto1.jpg

Ok small update. I think I have the patteren worked out for the fabric print. Hopefully I can get some mock-up images posted later tonight. I have done some rough work on Six as well. Until then here is a picture of the outfit I just completed for The My Name is Earl commision we have under way. More updates to come... Stay tuned ...:D

Thanks,
Ryan

earl-proto1.jpg

thats absolutely fantastic stuff m8, id be happy with that and the cardboard head !

A suit sounds interesting but until I get the head in my hands I can't think that far ahead.

A suit sounds interesting but until I get the head in my hands I can't think that far ahead.

Seems everyones interested in getting this head theyve paid for in hand ?

Ive sent a PM off to Sunohc 4 days ago asking when I can expect to take delivery, I paid $45 for it to be shipped to the UK. No reply as of yet.

Does anyone know who is shipping these out ? and who is casting them ? maybe we can contact them directly so that we all can find out where these heads are up too ?, and when Darkartist will get some for painting ? as well as those that have paid to have them sent directly, when will they receive them ? I can understand all of your frustrations after waiting 19 months, I only paid last week and Im starting to worry this head might not materialise for months if at all !

Im basing this on these subsequent posts, about how long youve all been waiting already, and the lack of response from sunohc to my PM and the lack of response and information to this thread !

EDIT: OK READ BACK THROUGH THE THREAD AND FOUND

I'm currently out of the country but I will be back in mid December.
I would suggest pm-ing Josh (darkartist81) for any questions regarding the castings at this point of time, because I am not able to use the internet too frequently.
Thanks

p.s. Thanks Josh as well

So apologies Sunhoc, with the revelation that everyones been waiting 19 months already I became a tad concerned, coupled with the lack of response to my PM, however now I know that the lack of response is due to you being out of the country till "mid December" Ill wait a few more weeks before I start worrying, and will contact you again then.

Last edited:
I understand how you feel man...

The last info I heard was that Daniel had contacted Lonnie (our caster), and that a mail issue had set us back. But that Lonnie had my current address and was going to mail it out. I never heard anything from Lonnie nor recieved anything as of yet...

So I just sent another email to Lonnie to see if everything is on the up and up. :banghead

I understand how you feel man...

The last info I heard was that Daniel had contacted Lonnie (our caster), and that a mail issue had set us back. But that Lonnie had my current address and was going to mail it out. I never heard anything from Lonnie nor recieved anything as of yet...

So I just sent another email to Lonnie to see if everything is on the up and up. :banghead

Email from Lonnie this evening :

"
Just so you know... the entire batch of the head in question were made and shipped over a month ago (almost 2 months). Apparently the box was denied at the delivery point to Josh and then it languished in my local post office without any notice to me. After Daniel contacted me (a few weeks
ago) about it I went to investigate at the post office and they located the box and hended it over to me complete with marker writing on the box saying "no longer here". I e-mailed Daniel (he is my client-not Josh) about the situation and asked for a new updated address to mail the box to. I have not heard from him but I did get a message from Josh just a few minutes ago about the situation. I asked him directly for the new address and told him I would ship it to him with the original box in tact and wrapped in new paper so he could see the original mailing info etc. I take a great deal of pride in making sure my clients are happy and that material gets shipped out in both a timely manner and in proper condition. This is one of those situations that slipped by because I was unaware there was a problem... no one contacted me that the package had not arrived in a timely manner. The whole molding and casting only took about 1 week. Oddly when Josh finally did contact me the whole project was out of my scheduler and I was uncertain what he was talking about.

So... bottom line is that as soon as I get a new address from Josh, the materials will be in route again and in his hands well before Christmas.
"

I take it Josh will have heard from Lonnie this evening and as a result will now have the correct details, for Josh, from Josh, so he can send the parcel out again.

Josh you send Lonnie your details again ? did he reply that they would be resent with the new address ? (Josh did you move house recently, seem to recall something like that) I guess Sunohc must have had the old address or given some incorrect details.

Anyway explanations now, and some light in the tunnel,for you lot anyway !

Im still trying to find out from Sunohc if the sculpts coming direct from Lonnie to me, and whether he has been paid or instructed to produce and send it, will have to wait for Sunohc to get back to a computer, fingers crossed that will be in the next week !

Last edited:
Sounds like a perfect storm of comedy of errors. Staying positive, how much would you want to give my Baltar head a spray of primer before you ship it out, DA? I think I could try to paint it if it had some primer.

I just got a response from Lonnie, he has my new address and will be mailing it out soon. :duff

And GDB, can do bro... But primer is a pain to spray into a sculpt. I CAN however put a coat of skin tone on it to make it easier for you to work your magic. :duff

got this today from Sunohc in reply to my question on delivery "Since you're in UK and my caster sends out from US, maybe 2 weeks or so?"

So good news once he has instructed Lonnie to cast and send out I should be getting my head ! Anyone else getting theirs unpainted ?, if so Im guessing yours will be coming soon also !

Last edited:
Back