Battle of Crete: German Paratrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
l will only buy this if l know other American world war 2 PFs will be released. l think the price tag is a little high, $335. l mean the Gandalf PF and sparrow are less then that.

Last edited:
Wow, Sideshow changed the summary on their website! Check out this email I received today (see my earlier post for the comment I sent them):

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for your interest in Sideshow Collectibles and for taking the time to participate and comment on our website.

I appreciate you alerting us of the error in our product summary. The posted text was meant as an overall description for our new World War II Premium Format Figure collection, which will feature soldiers from both Allies and Axis forces. The text was not meant to glorify the German Soldiers particular acts, but the artistic and detailed way in which the figure product was created.

We have recently updated the summary text, which is now more specified to the German Paratroopers. We do apologize for this oversight and meant no offense. We here at Sideshow Collectibles have nothing but the utmost respect for our Veterans and hope that this line will be as detailed and authentic as possible to the era.

Thank you for your understanding and please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Best regards,

Michael Tolentino
Customer Service Manager
Sideshow Collectibles
2630 Conejo Spectrum Street
Thousand Oaks , CA 91320 USA

I truly appreciate Sideshow doing this. It may seem like a trivial thing, but it means a lot to me. Sideshow has always been a very customer-friendly company, and I'm still a huge fan of theirs. Thanks!

Wow, Sideshow changed the summary on their website! Check out this email I received today (see my earlier post for the comment I sent them):

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for your interest in Sideshow Collectibles and for taking the time to participate and comment on our website.

I appreciate you alerting us of the error in our product summary. The posted text was meant as an overall description for our new World War II Premium Format Figure collection, which will feature soldiers from both Allies and Axis forces. The text was not meant to glorify the German Soldiers particular acts, but the artistic and detailed way in which the figure product was created.

We have recently updated the summary text, which is now more specified to the German Paratroopers. We do apologize for this oversight and meant no offense. We here at Sideshow Collectibles have nothing but the utmost respect for our Veterans and hope that this line will be as detailed and authentic as possible to the era.

Thank you for your understanding and please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Best regards,

Michael Tolentino
Customer Service Manager
Sideshow Collectibles

I truly appreciate Sideshow doing this. It may seem like a trivial thing, but it means a lot to me. Sideshow has always been a very customer-friendly company, and I'm still a huge fan of theirs. Thanks!

Well done. I thought of posting a comment, but I figured they might reject it out of hand, so I posted my view here instead, to try to get a discussion going, and perhaps get their attention by starting a buzz. After all, I KNEW I could post an opinion here. I'm glad your idea worked. I like Sideshow and their products, and so I hoped that they would change the wording in order to avoid an outcry from the Jewish community which would make a lot of bad press for Sideshow. Fortunately this seems to have been averted. Great job!
:clap:clap:clap

Hey folks. Long-time lurker, infrequent poster. Here's the comment I submitted to Sideshow's July 17th pre-orders page. I didn't expect them to post it, and they didn't:

"Really? I’ve got no problem with toy companies making historically accurate products for serious military collectors, but Sideshow, who wrote the “Summary” on the German Paratrooper’s order page? “…celebrating the determination and spirit of the soldiers of the Second World War.” Can I wait for the Allied PF figures and celebrate THEIR determination instead? Maybe they should have been released first? “…the Battle of Crete: German Paratrooper Premium Format Figure is an outstanding addition to ANY display, a true tribute to the HEROES of World War II.”
Are the Nazis the heroes because they took the island of Crete? Who are the villains?
When I first saw the pictures of the figure, I thought it was cool that Sideshow was starting a series of WWII soldiers from both sides of the conflict. After reading the Summary, I wondered if anybody proofread it. “We want people to pay $335 for a 2 foot tall Nazi? Let’s celebrate his determination and spirit & call him a hero!” Whatever. It just kinda creeped me out."

I know the difference between the SS and regular enlisted, and maybe I should have said "German Paratrooper" instead of "Nazi" in the interest of historical accuracy, but the main point of my irritation remains the same. World War II ended only 65 years ago. I have relatives who fought (some died) for the US in this war who would turn over in their graves at that "heroic" description. If Sideshow's summary is the generic catch-all for all figures in this line of PF figures, then it is just in bad taste. It's also lazy writing.
I own action figures in various scales of German soldiers and officers. They're called "Bad Guys". G.I. Joe has Cobra, the Jedi have the Sith, and Uncle Sam & Indiana Jones have zee Germans. I get it. However, that summary, paired with the product itself; post-Allied killing, cigarette enjoying pose with victorious red spooky "Crete" font on the base just pissed me off. Will the Allied figures from this battle have that same base, just to rub it in? Out of all the
choices of figures and battles for Sideshow to jump into a WWII line with, why did they choose a victorious German? I'm not magnanimous enough to "celebrate" this, I guess. Rant over.

They were not all bad though, you ____ing care bear!.

A Nazi policeman saved my old German babysitters life when both her and her sister were about to get shot in the head by a dirty Russian.

Yes, both Axis and Allies had their heroes in the war and war criminals as well.

I think this is a really nice PF and i can't complain at all but, if i were too... i mean ____ sake, where is my Canadian soldier or where are the Aussie's or British soldiers that fought a long side us for most of the war?, hell both wars even.

Last edited:
By the way, for what it is worth - the Germans performed so badly at Crete that Hitler ordered the fallshirmjager never be used again. Not exactly their shining moment.

They were not all bad though, you ____ing care bear!.

A Nazi policeman saved my old German babysitters life when both her and her sister were about to get shot in the head by a dirty Russian.

th_thats_racist.gif

If Sideshow made a diorama of "German Future-Babysitter and her Sister 'thanking' their Nazi Policeman Savior", I'd buy it, I'd buy it hard. I'd buy it so hard. This baby got his bottle and now all over the world it's a sunshiny day! Tra-la-la!

Dear Valued Customer,

Best regards,

Michael Tolentino
Customer Service Manager
Sideshow Collectibles

cry%20baby.jpg

Back