Statue Batman vs. Killer Croc Statue (Second Edition)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just saw this at the LCS and I got to say the paint APP is no way as good as the original. I thought the front of Croc's scales was too clean. The entire piece needed to be weathered to add dimension. Didn't like the grey color of bats also. Way too flat. Sculpt is a 10/10 but the paint was 5/10.

Same here. Saw this at the LCS today and completely agree with this assessment.

This one ended up being cancelled on me; however, it looks like that was a blessing in disguise. I remember wanting this piece years ago when I saw the original (before I started collecting anything) and from what I'm seeing here, DCD is still weak in their paint apps recently.

I bought both Harley Quinn's (Arkham and New 52) and had to go through a handful of statues each to find ones that didn't have bad paint apps...I mean, by the time you hit statue #3 and there are clear errors, there's something wrong with QC.

The promo piece for this, as someone mentioned, looked as stunning as the original! Beautiful shading and all. The one they shipped out is flat, and while the sculpt looks just as good, the paint app is in no way worth $250. That's high end pricing, and the extra money should go towards quality paint jobs.

I was going to hunt this one down elsewhere, but decided to check if anyone had received one first...glad I did, as this will unfortunately be a pass for me now. Congrats to those who did get one and had it all work out on the QC front!

There are some real QC issues with this statue i got one in for a very good customer of mine and when we opened it for inspection i found 3 pieces missing.

These were not broken they were never put on there are just holes where the pieces of debris should fit.

If any one does want to buy this statue i would inspect it carefuly. Any one else who is selling it i would check your stock as these seem to have a lot of issues.

Ok, that's enough for me. I cancelled my preorder. I had rather lose my $30 deposit than receive a damaged and/or incomplete and/or poorly painted statue.

I know that feeling! I did the same thing when I saw the first pics! Took the 36$ hit at CSC...but at least I don't have something I'd always regret having. But I'm still heartbroken!

I know this is a long shot, but since what was shown in the PO isn't the same as what's being shipped can't you just claim false advertisement and ask for your deposit back? :3

Really sucks though, you can obviously tell the 1st edition is far superior than the 2nd.

I know this is a long shot, but since what was shown in the PO isn't the same as what's being shipped can't you just claim false advertisement and ask for your deposit back? :3

Really sucks though, you can obviously tell the 1st edition is far superior than the 2nd.

I know Ssc does that. I don't see what not since it's a misrepresentation of it.

Well, I guess you can...but isn't that only when you buy from the manufacturer directly? As it would be if you bought from SS. As a retailer, CSC would probably just shrug and say, 'Dude, that may be false advertising! But these, our Terms & conditions, are surely not!'' In other words they would just :nana: me!

Most of the time it is mentioned that what you see is a prototype and that final product may be different. No false advertising at all.

Anyway, the shop can't be held responsible and the sales policy clearly states that deposits are not refundable. :dunno

Its true otherwise we would be returning stock back to DC Collectibles every release.

The problem nowadays is DC Collectibles try and manufacture there statues,figures ect much quicker than before.

In the past you would see a statue in Previews order it and wait nearly a year some times longer before it actualy came out.

Its true otherwise we would be returning stock back to DC Collectibles every release.

The problem nowadays is DC Collectibles try and manufacture there statues,figures ect much quicker than before.

In the past you would see a statue in Previews order it and wait nearly a year some times longer before it actualy came out.

Well, in this case we are talking about a second edition variant. All they really had to do was get the paint apps right. It shouldn't take a year in this case. Their QC in general just needs to be tightened up severely over at DC collectibles. I really don't purchase much from them. I'm into the B&W Bats line and the AC line. I'm very selective as to what I purchase from those lines. I only own three actual statues by the company (Bats vs Joker, 2nd Bats vs Croc, and the Paquette Joker).

I think that DC collectibles faces a real uphill battle for our money. Their constant recycling of their top characters and poor overall QC on their pieces will pose nothing but problems for them in the long run.

Well, in this case we are talking about a second edition variant. All they really had to do was get the paint apps right. It shouldn't take a year in this case. Their QC in general just needs to be tightened up severely over at DC collectibles. I really don't purchase much from them. I'm into the B&W Bats line and the AC line. I'm very selective as to what I purchase from those lines. I only own three actual statues by the company (Bats vs Joker, 2nd Bats vs Croc, and the Paquette Joker).

I think that DC collectibles faces a real uphill battle for our money. Their constant recycling of their top characters and poor overall QC on their pieces will pose nothing but problems for them in the long run.

Myself and Ditch spoke face to face with one of the main men from DCC last year, he assured us they were moving factories and QC would be strictly policed - it hasn't happened sadly. I always worry at this time of year in the run up to Xmas, DCC always rush to get product out and the quality ALWAYS suffers. My 2 most awaited items of the year are due this month from them and I genuinely fear for the worst.

Myself and Ditch spoke face to face with one of the main men from DCC last year, he assured us they were moving factories and QC would be strictly policed - it hasn't happened sadly. I always worry at this time of year in the run up to Xmas, DCC always rush to get product out and the quality ALWAYS suffers. My 2 most awaited items of the year are due this month from them and I genuinely fear for the worst.

Given their history, I can understand your fear. I also have a few more pieces on order as well. I'm waiting on both of the Capullo B&W statues and the AC Catwoman statue. I'm really hoping those don't turn out to be riddled with QC issues. What are the 2 pieces you are waiting for?

Given their history, I can understand your fear. I also have a few more pieces on order as well. I'm waiting on both of the Capullo B&W statues and the AC Catwoman statue. I'm really hoping those don't turn out to be riddled with QC issues. What are the 2 pieces you are waiting for?

The Capullo B&W statues :wink1: I was so disappointed with the QC on the Sean Murphy I'm fearful, with it being a landmark release you'd have thought some care would have gone into it. My last few posts have been very negative towards DCC but I've always been a big supporter of them, of late it just seems buying their products is the equivalent of throwing money down the drain.

Long time lurker felt like posting for the first time on this, I've already had this thing sent to me twice and first time arm was broken clean off and now this time the manhole cover and one of the rocks are missing like I think a user here previously mentioned. This was to be my first cold cast statue but I think I'm officially done with this thing this is just a tad too frustrating for me.

Long time lurker felt like posting for the first time on this, I've already had this thing sent to me twice and first time arm was broken clean off and now this time the manhole cover and one of the rocks are missing like I think a user here previously mentioned. This was to be my first cold cast statue but I think I'm officially done with this thing this is just a tad too frustrating for me.

I can understand your frustration. Definitely send it back. I got real lucky that mine came in complete with no major paint issues. It's sad that after lurking here a year, your first post had to be over lousy QC issues and not your enjoyment of this statue. Welcome to the forum and I hope the next time a statue comes in, you'll be able to post about how happy you are with the piece.

The Capullo B&W statues :wink1: I was so disappointed with the QC on the Sean Murphy I'm fearful, with it being a landmark release you'd have thought some care would have gone into it. My last few posts have been very negative towards DCC but I've always been a big supporter of them, of late it just seems buying their products is the equivalent of throwing money down the drain.

It sure does feel like a roll of the dice when it come to receiving DC Collectibles merch. I'll be sweating out the Capullo pieces myself. I forgot that I have the Arkham Origins B&W statue on PO as well. I've got to say I have been VERY lucky with my last 2 POs. Arkham City Batman came in looking great and my Bats vs Killer Croc dio also had no issues other than the paint apps didn't look as good as the proto pics we've seen. I'm wondering if my luck will run out with any of the last 3 POs I have.

Wow that blows D: ... sorry to hear that.

Anyways welcome! Now you can send it back and save your money for PFs :D.

I got mine on Saturday, but batman is deattached to Croc, You can still put him on top and display the statue, but its supposed to be a whole pc.

Not sure if should I returned, Im afraid I will get a worse pc....

Back