Statue Batman V Superman: Wonder Woman Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sometimes their chat is nice people sometimes they are ruthless its luck of the draw. I have cancelled via chat no idea which is better.

Just uploaded onto YouTube

Ahh this looks bad, all the facial structural details appear to have been lost, going from the prototype to final product. Looks like a DC direct product as it has such a soft look, I guess it's possible it's the paint job and lighting causing this look, but the face shape looks different to, cheek bones don't look as prominent.

BTW if anyone is wondering why Jak's repainted sculpts look great it's because they are made using the same lazer scan technology Gentle Giant uses. That's why when they are repainted they look dead on because they are actually lazer facial scans of the actors, thus the facial structure of the sculpt is already accurate. It's just that the eyes, mouth and nose need to be painted more accurately to show the sculpts true potential. Therefore, unless the facial structure of this sculpt is accurate a repaint will not make it look much more accurate.

Last edited:
I'm conflicted as I'm sure it will still look nice on display. Just disappointing headsculpt :dunno

Keeping due to being in for $150 in rewards and the deoosit. Will look to get a repaint. It's shameful that after 2 attempts this still looks so poor in the face. The repainted proto looked good IMO. Glad she's the 2nd to last statue I'm getting because SS is still slipping while prices continue to increase.

Even if I could afford it I wouldnt get it repainted just out of principle - there will be better representations in the future. I am interested in how good it would look with a better paint job though but the logistics of having it sent off and the fees just aren't viable

Wow...it's bad enough that the head sculpt looks nothing like Gal Gadot but the features are so soft, undefined and lifeless that it does not even make for a good generic WW head sculpt...very disappointing.

We need better in hand pics of the HS to determine just how off it is....keeping my order with SSC so I should be the early shipment to see myself.

They decided to take a lead from the Jakks dolls? Uncanny likeness. Good job Sideshow.

:duh

Gentle Giant ****ed up like this once upon a time with their General Obi-wan statue. Prototype had a dead-on portrait of McGregor; production looked like Kenny Loggins.
I have that Kenobi too, it looks soooo bad. I have mine packed away in storage.

Can cancel anymore.
If I don't pick up from tax customers I get my money back Incl shipping ( germany) ? [emoji848]

I contacted live chat today and they refunded the NRD due to changes with the head sculpt.

I just got off the phone and cancelled. Told her the "Out of the Box" video headsculpt was just not up to par with the prototype. They were very nice to deal with.

I agree with generalszabo that a future Gal 1/4 statue will probably be better. Or perhaps I venture into 1/3 territory? The Prime 1 statue looks great.

I just cancelled, am getting my NRD refunded plus the $57 reward points I used

Edit: Also just had the email with updated pics, glad I cancelled!

Cancelled and will get my NRD/Rewards Points back. CS was very helpful !

I think they're going to keep this statue in stock for a very long time now...

I just got off the phone and cancelled. Told her the "Out of the Box" video headsculpt was just not up to par with the prototype. They were very nice to deal with.

I agree with generalszabo that a future Gal 1/4 statue will probably be better. Or perhaps I venture into 1/3 territory? The Prime 1 statue looks great.

I preordered the justice league 1/3...she looks great IMO and a swap out bust. Not cheap but the perfect representation of Gal in statue format. I only own one P1 piece but they will match the prototypes almost perfectly so you don't have to worry about that.

I preordered the justice league 1/3...she looks great IMO and a swap out bust. Not cheap but the perfect representation of Gal in statue format. I only own one P1 piece but they will match the prototypes almost perfectly so you don't have to worry about that.

True, the prime 1 is the best representation / likeness / all rounder. Shame is out of my price range and too big for my display

True, the prime 1 is the best representation / likeness / all rounder. Shame is out of my price range and too big for my display

Too big for my display, as well, but I seem to have ordered it anyway. I figure that's a 2019 problem.

Back