Statue Batman V Superman: Wonder Woman Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Too big for my display, as well, but I seem to have ordered it anyway. I figure that's a 2019 problem.

Lol I was so close, even added to my basket on a UK site but the checkout wouldn't work. Have drawn the line at 1/4 scale and must stick to it lol

Canceling

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Can cancel anymore.
If I don't pick up from tax customers I get my money back Incl shipping ( germany) ? [emoji848]

I contacted live chat today and they refunded the NRD due to changes with the head sculpt.

I just got off the phone and cancelled. Told her the "Out of the Box" video headsculpt was just not up to par with the prototype. They were very nice to deal with.

I agree with generalszabo that a future Gal 1/4 statue will probably be better. Or perhaps I venture into 1/3 territory? The Prime 1 statue looks great.

I just cancelled, am getting my NRD refunded plus the $57 reward points I used

Edit: Also just had the email with updated pics, glad I cancelled!

Cancelled and will get my NRD/Rewards Points back. CS was very helpful !

I think they're going to keep this statue in stock for a very long time now...

Wow I knew this would happen after people watched the Out of the Box video, but I'm wondering just how many people are cancelling this statue! So many posts about cancelling, but only like a three about keeping their order.

And great news about them refunding the reward points. I had assumed they were lost when cancelling an order this late in the process.

Wow I knew this would happen after people watched the Out of the Box video, but I'm wondering just how many people are cancelling this statue! So many posts about cancelling, but only like a three about keeping their order.

And great news about them refunding the reward points. I had assumed they were lost when cancelling an order this late in the process.

I want to see this PF in hand; I'll worry about returning/refund later if necessary. Having said that it's going to take a major disaster in order for me to ask for a refund.

One thing I can tell you is I emailed for the cancel then back because I paid with gc balance. I was told it would take 3 days or so to see it because they're pretty backed up on processing refunds.

I want to see this PF in hand; I'll worry about returning/refund later if necessary. Having said that it's going to take a major disaster in order for me to ask for a refund.

I think many already consider this a major disaster.

One thing I can tell you is I emailed for the cancel then back because I paid with gc balance. I was told it would take 3 days or so to see it because they're pretty backed up on processing refunds.

I wonder how many cancellations would have to be made for them to be backed up like that!

The prototype HS was much better- I ordered based on that. The new final HS reminds me of the Jakks WW - very odd since it's even the same scale. The rest of the statue looks fantastic and the exposed arms and legs look like that special resin they have been using of late. I'm keeping her hoping in hand the sculpt looks abit better.

And the fact that the EX didn't sell out BEFORE these cancellations spells major "this will be discounted heavily in the next 5-10 Sideshow special events". I feel bad too because the head sculpt ruins a pretty nice statue IMO. This was like the Ben Affleck Batman v. Superman Premium Format Figure AND the Cavill Man of Steel Superman. All 3 would be awesome if the head sculpts were executed properly. In fact, I now wonder if SSC just decided to send this one to the worst factory and decided "hey, let's stop focusing on the movie related statues from now on" (although they do have the Suicide Squad Harley and Joker statues coming- which I'd seriously watch out for).

Yeah just wait for the discounts further down the line, there won't be any shortage of them!

And the fact that the EX didn't sell out BEFORE these cancellations spells major "this will be discounted heavily in the next 5-10 Sideshow special events". I feel bad too because the head sculpt ruins a pretty nice statue IMO. This was like the Ben Affleck Batman v. Superman Premium Format Figure AND the Cavill Man of Steel Superman. All 3 would be awesome if the head sculpts were executed properly. In fact, I now wonder if SSC just decided to send this one to the worst factory and decided "hey, let's stop focusing on the movie related statues from now on" (although they do have the Suicide Squad Harley and Joker statues coming- which I'd seriously watch out for).

Now I didn't think of that.

The reason that the facesculpt turned out like this was intentional! It was all so the 3 pieces of the movie trinity would have something else in common so that they would match and seem to go together.

Now I didn't think of that.

The reason that the facesculpt turned out like this was intentional! It was all so the 3 pieces of the movie trinity would have something else in common so that they would match and seem to go together.

Yes, re-reading my post, I did make it sound like that :). I think what I meant to say was that it appears they did not prioritize this like other statues in their pipeline. I don't think they intentionally wanted it to turn out bad BUT if there was a lineup of statues with the top factory getting (for example) Thanos, then this statue was given to a third tier factory. I'm not blaming them for this but they probably did have to prioritize the lineup at some point. Also, it appears other movie related statues (Batman BvS, Superman MOS, the Chris Evans Winter Soldier Captain America) were given the same attention. Just a thought.

Yes, re-reading my post, I did make it sound like that :). I think what I meant to say was that it appears they did not prioritize this like other statues in their pipeline. I don't think they intentionally wanted it to turn out bad BUT if there was a lineup of statues with the top factory getting (for example) Thanos, then this statue was given to a third tier factory. I'm not blaming them for this but they probably did have to prioritize the lineup at some point. Also, it appears other movie related statues (Batman BvS, Superman MOS, the Chris Evans Winter Soldier Captain America) were given the same attention. Just a thought.

Sideshow is the only one to blame for this.

Also makes sense.

Their Marvel and DC movie pieces since I started collecting these past 4-5 years have been average at best.

Two pieces which I plan to box up is their Thor and Batfleck. I truly regret buying them. Recently the Armored Bats was good, and I like the Loki overall, even though the face paint isn't that great. My favourite Sideshow Marvel/DC movie piece is the Keaton Bats, which was one of my first movie pieces. I know some collectors don't like it for a couple of reasons, but I love everything about it and it fortunately/unfortunately got me to trust Sideshow.

Nowadays for my MCU needs I've since purchased most of the Iron Studios pieces, and for DCEU I'm pretty much gone Prime 1.

Also makes sense.

Their Marvel and DC movie pieces since I started collecting these past 4-5 years have been average at best.

Two pieces which I plan to box up is their Thor and Batfleck. I truly regret buying them. Recently the Armored Bats was good, and I like the Loki overall, even though the face paint isn't that great. My favourite Sideshow Marvel/DC movie piece is the Keaton Bats, which was one of my first movie pieces. I know some collectors don't like it for a couple of reasons, but I love everything about it and it fortunately/unfortunately got me to trust Sideshow.

Nowadays for my MCU needs I've since purchased most of the Iron Studios pieces, and for DCEU I'm pretty much gone Prime 1.

Yes, I have 3 Marvel movie pieces from Iron Studios and I LOVE them! I haven't ventured into Prime 1 1/3 territory yet but it looks like I may have to go that way in order to get a well done DC movie piece.

Yes, I have 3 Marvel movie pieces from Iron Studios and I LOVE them! I haven't ventured into Prime 1 1/3 territory yet but it looks like I may have to go that way in order to get a well done DC movie piece.

Yep.

To get any quality movie related piece (other than Star Wars), it seems like avoiding Sideshow for other companies like Prime 1 is the thing to do.

Just in the past day or so, both the Wonder Woman and Endo Skeleton have disappointed collectors.

Could have been a very good WW movie statue. The body, base, and accessories all turned out very nice with all the tiny details.

I don't think it was ever going to be a very good WW 'movie' statue, as the facesculpt didn't ever have any likeness with the actress.

They really need to hire the sculptors from Hot Toys, Prime 1, Iron Studios, Blitzway etc.

Just curious but are Sideshow digitally sculpting for their movie pieces yet?

I don't think it was ever going to be a very good WW 'movie' statue, as the facesculpt didn't ever have any likeness with the actress.

They really need to hire the sculptors from Hot Toys, Prime 1, Iron Studios, Blitzway etc.

Just curious but are Sideshow digitally sculpting for their movie pieces yet?

If I recall correctly, I think I saw Will Harbottle digitally sculpting the Bale Batman PF on his profile video for Sideshow.

Not sure about the rest though, but I think it would be of help if they start using them more on their movie pieces if they can't better sculptors who could do them traditionally. Jakk's BvS and JL 19" figures used them, and you could tell that the sculpts (particularly their Afflecks) are good even with the flat stock paint.

Back