Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SO WRONG!

It's a masterpiece!

But in 1982 it was hailed as utter crap by every critic known to man at that time!

Yeah. I don't even care to know what was in the mind of most critics who watched this movie. Whatever their agenda, they were wrong about the film.

Watching J. Law pretend to be calmly lulled to sleep by Apoc's *strangling* in the IMAX trailer just made it even stupider. That movie better get less than a 20% rating if that's really one of the highlights.

explanations a film makes aren't always good explanations.

The truth is, all these questions show the problems with the film's writing. Sure, you can find explanations from the film to defend it, but the fact that people have to ask those questions in the first place already highlights that there are issues.

In general, the writing is done based on a lot of plot-convenience. Things happen for the sake of the plot. Yes, again, you can defend each question with an answer from the film, but if you look at that answer, it's all very convenient to the plot. Things just happen to make characters or scenes look cool or make a statement, at the cost of sacrificing logic.

So, again, you can defend the film and reference things here and there that provide answers. But the point isn't that there are no answers, it's that the answers seem weak to many people because they come from a place of laziness/convenience, and so characters and their actions or motivations aren't really believable or convincing.

Well, I don't know about that...Singer has a way of surprising us.

Not saying DOFP was a masterpiece, but it was at the very least engaging even with the lack of action.

Apocalypse can still be decent based on his track record but I do think it has the most uninteresting trailer out of all the Singer directed X-films.

2nd weekend will be all telling and right now there is no strong competition for BvS to go up against.

It'll drop 55-65% next weekend like most all other big openings do. Maybe even a tad more given this was essentially a holiday weekend.

Regardless, the $424mm worldwide opening guarantees it will be profitable by the end of next weekend (really only needs about $550 total to break even) and it looks good to hit that $1 billion total worldwide threshold many pointed to. It's all good.

Ok, hopefully this helps you like the movie more, here goes:

Maybe removing the World Engine would cause more damage to the earth just like nuclear plants that melt down are kept uninterrupted for quite some time.

Lex's ego, like most meglomaniacs, believes he's too perfect to make mistakes, that's beneath him, his bullets will never be traced just like Bernie Madoff believed his ponzi scheme would never be traced.

Because where Superman goes trouble follows, bad people went to the village.

Easy, Lex thinks having people close to him being killed removes suspicion away from him.

Superman doesn't respect Batman's vigilante ways, of course he's going to stop him and allow the bad guys to get away so that they can be picked up later in a lawful manner, either by him or the cops. First he had to deal with Batman which he felt was the bigger problem.

Knightmare is there so that they can further explore a larger universe which is what fans have been begging WB/DC to do for years now, they're listening to their fans.

Superman clearly finally lost his temper, he's been on earth since a child, he's one of us as much as he's an alien.

She went back for the spear because that's who she is, a do-er. She lived thru big events in MOS, she's now used to doing more than necessary to save her species, to save the man she loves.

Simple yet again, Lex created a monster because he's a monster himself!

WW played a huge part in killing Abomination 2.0 by restraining him long enough pulling back on him so that his chest was exposed for a weakened Superman to drive the spear thru him. Had she not been restraining him he would've just easily jumped out of the way.

Now, go watch it again and call me in the morning. :lol

okay,
but how did Louis knew that the spear was needed to defeat Doomsday? how did she know that was Zod related? no one told her

Do we know what will be in the extra 30 minutes? Irish?

More of the Africa sequence (which is a little different). Lots more character stuff. More brutal Batman (especially the warehouse scene). I believe Jena Malone's character (who I will not spoil, though I think it may already be out there) is in it, too.

Do we know what will be in the extra 30 minutes?

Yep -- it's a test reel of Snyder's version of Ant-Man:

ants.jpg

___

More of the Africa sequence (which is a little different). Lots more character stuff. More brutal Batman (especially the warehouse scene). I believe Jena Malone's character (who I will not spoil, though I think it may already be out there) is in it, too.

Cool, really looking forward to it. After Daredevil I wouldn't mind seeing Batman's brutality upped a little bit (not that it was anything to scoff at in the theatrical release.)

That's funny that you mentioned Jena Malone, I was going to ask about her since I assumed I missed her. :lol

explanations a film makes aren't always good explanations.

The truth is, all these questions show the problems with the film's writing. Sure, you can find explanations from the film to defend it, but the fact that people have to ask those questions in the first place already highlights that there are issues.

In general, the writing is done based on a lot of plot-convenience. Things happen for the sake of the plot. Yes, again, you can defend each question with an answer from the film, but if you look at that answer, it's all very convenient to the plot. Things just happen to make characters or scenes look cool or make a statement, at the cost of sacrificing logic.

So, again, you can defend the film and reference things here and there that provide answers. But the point isn't that there are no answers, it's that the answers seem weak to many people because they come from a place of laziness/convenience, and so characters and their actions or motivations aren't really believable or convincing.
No, the fact that people have to ask these questions highlights that they are "easily confused", seriously, those plot points aren't hard to get.

You keep saying how everything is so convenient but you did nothing to prove it is. I'm sorry, so far your argument, at least for those specific plot points, doesn't hold water.

Movie had a few odd instances......wife pointed out during warehouse scene one of the thugs was hang around appearing to look at the floor while Bats was kicking ass....then waltzed up to him waited for him to throttle another thug then engaged for his ass kicking...really stood out but it didn't really ruin the overall beat down..just one of several odd moments. :rotfl

Not trying to defend this as I didn't notice it to comment on it but... I would be hesitant as **** to attack a guy who's tearing through a room full of fellow thugs in brutal fashion. Obviously that's not what's going on there but if I was him i'd probably wait my turn patiently too :lol

It'll drop 55-65% next weekend like most all other big openings do. Maybe even a tad more given this was essentially a holiday weekend.

Regardless, the $424mm worldwide opening guarantees it will be profitable by the end of next weekend (really only needs about $550 total to break even) and it looks good to hit that $1 billion total worldwide threshold many pointed to. It's all good.

If The holy trinity can't bring in a billion then houston we have a problem!

C'mon, Deadpool alone came close! :lol

BTW....BvS > DP by a longshot!

okay,
but how did Louis knew that the spear was needed to defeat Doomsday? how did she know that was Zod related? no one told her

Dude, she's dating the Man of Steel AND she's an investigative reporter AND she looks great in heels, she can get info very easy!

Cool, really looking forward to it. After Daredevil I wouldn't mind seeing Batman's brutality upped a little bit (not that it was anything to scoff at in the theatrical release.)

That's funny that you mentioned Jena Malone, I was going to ask about her since I assumed I missed her. :lol

I expect Batman to be on par with DD but no Punisher jail hallway brutality. :lol

The action in the movie is great. The story needs some work though. I still think it was a bad idea to kill Superman. After the killing of Zod in Man of Steel did we really have to go out with another death?
You know they only beat Marvel to the punch as if they hold true to the civil war story line you know who is gonna kick it in the end. And if that is the case that characters return story absolutely sucked.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Back