Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Zack Snyder Confirms That 'Jimmy Olsen' Is In BATMAN v SUPERMAN, But We Won't Be Seeing Him Again

Jimmy Olsen was killed off? Surprised nobody is making a big deal out of this.

Batman vs. Superman HomePostsPicturesVideos
Zack Snyder Confirms That 'Jimmy Olsen' Is In BATMAN v SUPERMAN, But We Won't Be Seeing Him Again
Did you spot Jimmy Olsen in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice? Director Zack Snyder has revealed where he appears and confirms that the character was originally set to be played by Jesse Eisenberg...
Some fans are already pretty mad at Zack Snyder for some of the decisions he made in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, but now he's going to have Jimmy Olsen devotees coming after him! You see, the photographer (played by Michael Cassidy) who is promptly killed off after being outed as a CIA agent in the opening few minutes of the movie is in fact Jimmy, and Snyder has explained to Entertainment Weekly why he decided to kill the character off. "We just did it as this little aside because we had been tracking where we thought the movies were gonna go, and we don’t have room for Jimmy Olsen in our big pantheon of characters, but we can have fun with him, right?"

Apparently, the upcoming Ultimate Edition will shed some light on the character and unlike the theatrical version of Batman v Superman, he'll identify himself. "He comes up to her and he goes, ‘Lois Lane, I’m Jimmy Olsen, photographer, obviously … You know, I’ve been assigned to you for this mission.’ But it turns out that Jimmy Olsen is a spook for the CIA." A waste of the character or a fun way to include him in Batman v Superman? I'll let you decide that, but it turns out that Snyder originally envisioned Jesse Eisenberg in this cameo role. "I thought, if it were Jesse Eisenberg and he got out and he goes, ‘I’m Jimmy Olsen,’ you’d be like, oh my God, we’re gonna have Jimmy Olsen in the whole movie, right?’ And then if he got shot, you’d just be like, ‘What!? You can’t do that.’" After meeting the actor and pitching him this admittedly awesome sounding idea, it was then that he suddenly made the decision to instead offer him the role of Lex Luthor.

However, was fan-favourite choice Bryan Cranston ever really considered? "We talked about the usual suspects that you would imagine; any actor who has been bald, probably,. Bryan Cranston would have been great, right? And by the way, he’s an amazing actor. Can you imagine how different the movie would be?" A very different movie indeed! What do you guys think? Let us know your thoughts below.

Jesus Christ. Just cause you don't have any use for him Snyder, doesn't mean nobody else does! So in one movie, he managed to waste: Mercy (who had maybe one line in the whole thing), Jimmy, Doomsday and ruin a classic storyline while turning Lex into a joke... Man, **** Snyder, seriously...

Posted about this a few pages ago.
Cant wait to see the uproar of some fans.
Lol Snyders déclaration of war.

The fact that Eseinberg was going to play him and get shot lol
Many would have prefered im sure.
"I thought, if it were Jesse Eisenberg and he got out and he goes, ‘I’m Jimmy Olsen,’ you’d be like, oh my God, we’re gonna have Jimmy Olsen in the whole movie, right?’ And then if he got shot, you’d just be like, ‘What!? You can’t do that.’"

The cherry on top is that they did tought about an mature Lex and crans ton ws among them lol
"We talked about the usual suspects that you would imagine; any actor who has been bald, probably,. Bryan Cranston would have been great, right? And by the way, he’s an amazing actor. Can you imagine how different the movie would be?"

As i said before i dont care about the comics but i can clearly feel sorry for those who do.
Dont you worry you Will get your reboot in a decade or two.

Last edited:
I'm back

Let me just say a few things first. I went to see it at 2:15 pm and the theater was full of people and there was a huge line like I've never seen at my local theater...people of ALL ages and a lot of children. That didn't happen when I saw the Avengers or Star Wars. If this movie was great film...it could have been the biggest film ever.

Two things happen, which seems to be a common thing, people went crazy went Wonder Woman shows up and her theme was pretty bad-ass. The second thing, people clapped after the movie ended.

Now, as far as the movie goes....it's a HUGE mess of scenes and moments like I've never seen in a big budget summer film...it's like 5 movies in one. There's a MOS sequel, a Batman movie, a Lex Luthor film, a Justice League origin film, and a Batman vs Superman film...all within 2 and a half hours.

Having said that, there is so much good stuff in the film that it's actually worth watching...and I liked it. I will definitely watch the director's cut to see if the extra 30 minutes makes the film better, especially all the quick scenes and all those subplots, including Lex's goal. If it does make sense...then I have no problem with Snyder directing JL, but if it doesn't, then Snyder needs go, because JL can't be this messy.

I was disappointed by the "BIG" BVS showdown...it was a total let down. The only thing that worked, was how and why the fight ended. That was great, but the fight, completely forgettable. The final battle was much better, imo. It was pretty epic and I don't think I've ever seen such a display of god like powers by characters in a film before...it was like watching gods with unlimited powers fighting....pretty insane stuff.

So, I like the film, but I totally understand the criticism, although...calling it the worst superhero film ever and a terrible movie is too harsh, because there are enough good things and moments in it for it to be entertaining. It also had some humor...but not enough dialogue between Batman and Superman...they literally don't talk to each other...at all. Go see it, I give it a solid B- or a generous 6.8/10.

Jimmy Olsen was killed off? Surprised nobody is making a big deal out of this.

He's not identified in this cut of the movie if I'm remembering correctly. I only asked if it was him because he was a photographer working with Lois. Olbertfrog noticed it was him in the credits.

Personally don't have any real attachment to the character but if I was a hardcore fan I imagine Snyder's comments would drive me crazy. At this point I'm more of a casual observer of this cinematic universe. Snyder's comments continue to show that he either doesn't know much or care much about these characters. Using that info as a starting point I know better than to hope for the kind of DC movies I want to see from him but I'm still hopeful I'll enjoy some of them for their own reasons.

I don't think anyone has addressed this before and it's something that has always bugged me in the trailer. How the hell is Bruce so damn clean after running into that cloud of debris? I remember watching the events of 911 very well and there were people who ran from those buildings that got completely covered with dust and soot. He's sprinting into a dust cloud and then they show him holding a child and neither look dirty. Was the trailer edited with those moments of order?

I thought BvS was very good. Of course it has it's issues and I can see why it's not a critics choice movie but I've just come back from seeing it with my sister who has only been subject to Marvel over the years and we both enjoyed it. The car ride home was the most we've ever discussed a movie.

I don't want to repeat what others have said so I'll just leave some things I liked here...

- Wonder Woman introduction was good and the music in that scene was even better.
- Batman driving the Batmobile back to the Batcave through the water and up the tunnel into the cave was visually impressive. It was like watching a comic book/cartoon come to life.
- Batman warehouse scene...:rock

:)

I don't think anyone has addressed this before and it's something that has always bugged me in the trailer. How the hell is Bruce so damn clean after running into that cloud of debris? I remember watching the events of 911 very well and there were people who ran from those buildings that got completely covered with dust and soot. He's sprinting into a dust cloud and then they show him holding a child and neither look dirty. Was the trailer edited with those moments of order?

What bothers me is that while Zod is threatening the whole world, this Miller-Batman isn't trying to come up with a way to defeat him. Granted, he'd die if he took someone head on, but am I really to believe that THIS Batman would just sit back and be Bruce Wayne? Don't get me wrong, the opening scene is one of my favourites in the movie, but it doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

I thought the "Martha" thing was beautifully done, and I didn't find it cheesy, at all, but, perhaps, modern audiences are too jaded for that kind of stuff, at this point (which is pretty ironic, considering how much they lament the "darkness" of the film). This isn't just a guy who loves his mom, it's a guy who's bat**** crazy obsessed enough over her and his father's death that he'd dress up in a Bat costume at night and beat criminals to a pulp, so, it's reasonable to assume that, when the guy who he's about to kill starts talking about [who he thinks is] her, he'd probably want some answers before bringing the hammer down.

That's a good point. I think I'm just been very superficial in my interest as Batman as a character because I don't really enjoy that aspect, but I guess that's his character. That's the "I didn't count on being happy" scene in Batman the Mask of the Phantasm. I understand people have psychological disorders, and unfortunately, some can't get help or choose not to get help, but as a fictional character, I have Daredevil's "Boo hoo! Everyone loses someone" attitude when he was talking to Punisher on the roof top in Daredevil Season 2. I'm not cold-hearted about it by any means, and I understand characters need dimension, but I think I'm so used to writers focusing on his villains, allies, and other supporting cast, that I ignore that for the whole "adolescent power fantasy" angle. I didn't think he was always written like that though.

I was starting to watch Young Justice on Netflix out of hype for BvS, and I think I prefer more of those characters to the big seven. I said on here that Wally West was my second favorite DC character (although, I seem to change my mind everyday:lol), but I think I now prefer him to Batman. I think I prefer Nightwing as well. I like that they have a lot more room to grow character-wise and I like the idea that they have to live up to someone's else's legacy. Although, that's how Bruce feels with his parent too, right?

Yeah instead we get granny's peach tea and a wacky LL.

I didn't have a problem with his performance at all. I thought the peach tea scene was pretty scary....although I thought Superman was going to be blamed for that and I was very into the film at that point, but the film just moves of from that...and it became nothing.

So, I like the film, but I totally understand the criticism, although...calling it the worst superhero film ever and a terrible movie is too harsh, because there are enough good things and moments in it for it to be entertaining. It also had some humor...but not enough dialogue between Batman and Superman...they literally don't talk to each other...at all. Go see it, I give it a solid B- or a generous 6.8/10.

I guess it was completely different from what I'm used to. It's definitely unique film!

I'm so happy reading that everyone's views because you guys help me appreciate things more. Ideally, I want to like everything so I'm very happy to be wrong on something I'm not too keen on. I used to be harsh on the MCU movies and X-Men movies, but I appreciate them much more now! I'm now really excited for the two coming out this year!

Back