Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My biggest issue with the "Pa Kent" stuff in this movie is that it seems like Clark has a seriously ****ed up way of thinking about the past. Like the "Superman was only ever the dream of a dead farmer from Kansas" bit. I'm like "really? The same farmer that was so dead set against it that he encouraged you to ignore the fact that you could save a bunch of drowning kids in the interest of protecting your secret? Or the one who, essentially, committed suicide so people wouldn't see you save him? Yeah, that was a hell of a dream of his, Clark. A hell of a dream..."

I thought he was talking about himself? That's what Gaspar told me...so he was talking about Pa Kent? Because if that's the case, it makes no sense.

I wasn't talking about you, in particular, but one of the big criticisms I see is that the editing in this movie is "disjointed," and that there are a bunch of "weird choices" made in the direction, and it's **** like this that contributes to it having a 29% RT score, yet The Tree of Life has an 84%.

I'm not saying it doesn't deserve it, or even that I didn't like it. I'm just saying that, if you were judging that movie the same way they are this one, I guarantee you that the complaints would be the same, but there's a different set of rules and standards for those movies and it seems like a lot of the criticisms of BvS I see are based on the fact that it doesn't play into the conventions that we expect our comic book movies to have.

I haven'tread (nor care about critic reviews) but if their saying it is disjointed....I'd agree. That scene was one of several that didn't make sense....walking in the snow and boom....the end another that was all over the place. A shame too because as I've mentioned (for me) there was a lot of good that with more focus woulda changed my opinion from average to above average.

I've got a thing about such scenes.
Same.
I just haven't seen the film yet (12 hours left til my screening) and readin' you post made me laugh...
It's really hard to imagine such stupidity. :lol

_

He might say his Superman is exactly like the one from the comic books, but that's just not true.
This is Superman:

s24t.jpg

Superman_f16fd1_5440384.jpg

2010-08-28.3.JPG
superhero.gif

Same.
I just haven't seen the film yet (12 hours left til my screening) and readin' you post made me laugh...
It's really hard to imagine such stupidity. :lol
It's even stupider in the big screen...You know, DC has 2 Snyders. I say we give Hack the sack, and Scott the job...

Speaking of hallucinations, let's talk about Batman's "dreams". They're stupid. I'm a DC fan, I can see that we're looking at parademons but it's not presented well at all. When things like that happen in Marvel films, I always hear none in the know audience members excitingly asking "who's that"? Here it was like, "wtf is going on?"

The Justice League setup is sloppy and lackluster. I don't know what the hell is going on with the Flash but his costume(or speed force time travel suit or whatever) is awful. "You were right about him!" Just came out of nowhere. Aquaman looks...okay. I'm strangely intrigued by the Cyborg scene. I had no idea they cast Joe Morton as his dad. That actually looks like a decent film. It won't happen, but it looks decent.

Batman's dreams weren't dreams nor was Flash's warning. Someone is projecting messages & glimpses from the future onto Batman as dreams (which has been done before via tachyon particles in the comics) and Flash is telling Batman that 1) Lois Lane is the key, 2) that he was right about the danger Supes poses & 3) that he must find the other members of the JLA.

This all points to the INJUSTICE storyline being the plot for JLA. In INJUSTICE Joker kills Lois & Supes goes crazy as a result - blaming Batman for not having dealt with Joker in the past. Supes then becomes a warlord for Darkseid (as seen in the Knightmare sequence).

BvS perfectly sets up an INJUSTICE-based JLA film in that it establishes just how much of Superman's humanity is directly tied to Lois.

Also, for an alleged DC fan you're pretty pessimistic about seeing the universe finally manifest cinematically. I loved seeing Momoa as Aquaman and Fisher as Cyborg (which is happening in a few years).

By far this was the worst superhero film I've ever seen. Lex luthor was beyond annoying and the story was so convoluted. I thought Tomorrowland was bad, this was worse. wonder woman was the highlight of the film, but all the good parts of this movie are in the trailer. Watch the trailer to save yourself the 2.5 hours of frustration. I honestly was hoping Batman and Superman would just kill each other and somehow bring Jesse eisenberg with them.

By far this was the worst superhero film I've ever seen.

Guess you missed these gems:

SUPERMAN III (1983)
SUPERMAN IV: THE QUEST FOR PEACE (1987)
BATMAN FOREVER (1995)
BATMAN & ROBIN (1997)
DAREDEVIL (2003)
BLADE: TRINITY (2004)
ELEKTRA (2005)
FANTASTIC FOUR (2005)
GHOST RIDER (2007)
FF: RISE OF THE SILVER SURFER (2007)
PUNISHER: WAR ZONE (2008)
X-MEN ORIGINS: WOLVERINE (2009)
IRON MAN 2 (2010)
GREEN LANTERN (2011)
GHOST RIDER: SPIRIT OF VENGEANCE (2012)
IRON MAN 3 (2013)
THOR: THE DARK WORLD (2013)
THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 (2014)
ANT-MAN (2015)

SUPERMAN III (1983)
BATMAN FOREVER (1995)
BATMAN & ROBIN (1997)
DAREDEVIL (2003)
ELEKTRA (2005)
FANTASTIC FOUR (2005)
GHOST RIDER (2007)
IRON MAN 2 (2010)
GREEN LANTERN (2011)
IRON MAN 3 (2013)
ANT-MAN (2015)

Ant man ?
Iron man 2 ?
Punisher war zone , ghost rider sov (although acquired taste)?
Ummmm no
Plus you forgot to add the first two punishers and that crap new ff

SUPERMAN III (1983)
BATMAN FOREVER (1995)
BATMAN & ROBIN (1997)
DAREDEVIL (2003)
ELEKTRA (2005)
FANTASTIC FOUR (2005)
GHOST RIDER (2007)
IRON MAN 2 (2010)
GREEN LANTERN (2011)
IRON MAN 3 (2013)
ANT-MAN (2015)

I've watched most of those and this was worse.

SUPERMAN III (1983)
BATMAN FOREVER (1995)
BATMAN & ROBIN (1997)
DAREDEVIL (2003)
ELEKTRA (2005)
FANTASTIC FOUR (2005)
GHOST RIDER (2007)
IRON MAN 2 (2010)
GREEN LANTERN (2011)
IRON MAN 3 (2013)
ANT-MAN (2015)

I don't agree with those. At least those 4 films had a coherent story.

SUPERMAN III (1983)
BATMAN FOREVER (1995)
BATMAN & ROBIN (1997)
DAREDEVIL (2003)
ELEKTRA (2005)
FANTASTIC FOUR (2005)
GHOST RIDER (2007)
IRON MAN 2 (2010)
GREEN LANTERN (2011)
IRON MAN 3 (2013)
ANT-MAN (2015)

I have to disagree on Ant-Man, It's a good movie. Also... You forgot Fantastic Four (2015) :lol

Daredevil Director's cut improved the regular release. The rest is Spot On!

My Review....

Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice is a misguided directorial attempt by Zach Snyder. A man who thrives on visuals, action, and his unique vision and touch he adds on to a movie; is also a man who struggles at putting together a coherent, flowing story. BvS is technically not a good movie. It is a deeply flawed picture with issues in almost every scene. BvS is not fun and comes across as being too serious. Even then, it fails at being too serious. BvS tried to be its own, yet still goes the Marvel path in its attempt at jokes that fall flat. BvS jumps around from scene to scene and added on minutes upon minutes of unnecessary content. Yet with all these issues and faults.....

Batman vs Superman was an enjoyable movie that I somehow ended up liking.

Zach Snyder somehow made this a good movie and a flawed movie. Yet, he should not be allowed to direct another DC comic film again. The definition of direct is "without intervening factors or intermediaries." Zach does not know this. Let him work the camera, have some scenes, and have him maybe be a consultant of sorts. I don’t know, but please leave him out of the direction of the movie. That is BvSs biggest issue. Scenes that don't flow. Scenes that cut to something else every minute. Scenes that are used over and over again. Scenes that fell misplaced and interrupt momentum. Scenes that are entirely unnecessary to the plot and yet are thrown in for unknown reasons.

No one laughed, clapped, or cheered at all in my theater. Everyone wanted to get out pretty quick. Overall feel of disappointment in the theater.

Spoilers Begin Here

What I didn’t understand or would have changed
-They showed the death of Bruce’s parents twice… twice. I would have started the movie with Superman since it is a Superman sequel. Remove the death of the Wayne’s from the beginning and only keep the flashback scene during the Batman vs Superman battle

-Bruce Wayne driving a Jeep Renegade through the street of Metropolis. He had plenty of time to get his bat suit and Batmobile since Gotham was just a few miles away. Made no sense and would have been nice to see Batman in the day for once.

-The Knightmare sequence needed to be removed. It served no pointless at all.

-Wonder Woman looking through the Justice League files right before the hyped up Batman vs Superman fight. It ruined the momentum of the film. After Wonder Woman steals the drive and drives off, have her crack the encryption and show her looking through the Justice League files then. Would have flowed much better. Then she can still give it back Batman and have Batman still send the email saying he has a general idea what she is.

-Batman throwing the kryptonite spear away. He wouldn’t have done that.

-Lois Lane investigating the bullet and being in the desert. Pointless scene. Delete all of that.

-Lois Lane and Superman kissing in the bath tub. Pointless scene.

-Lois Lane flying off to the fight after being saved once. Delete that.

-Lois Lane trying to get the Kryptonite spear and knowing that it can stop Doomsday. Delete that.

-Lois Lane needing to be saved again in the middle of the fight. Ruins the momentum. Delete that.

-Lois Lane and Superman kissing in the middle of the fight. Ruins the momentum. Delete that.

-Lois Lane opening the package up at the end of the film. Pointless scene. Delete that.

-Actually, just take out Lois Lane entirely. This is Batman vs Superman. Not Batman vs Superman and Lois Lane.

-Superman basically coming back to life at the end of the film. Leave him dead. Don’t tease anything. Save his “epic” return for Justice League.

Characters
Batman – Damn fine performance from Affleck. I still like Bale, but Affleck did a wonderful job as both Bruce and Batman. Perfect.

Alfred – Perfect.

Wonder Woman – Perfect.

Superman – Surprisingly I thought he delivered a very strong performance. Much better in this than MoS.

Lois Lane – I hate everything she was in. She and Snyder ruined what could have been a great movie.

Lex Luthor – Loved his lines. Performed the character to the best of his abilities. I actually liked this Lex who I bashed and bashed non-stop. I hope to see a evolved Lex in future installments.

Things I Loved
Pretty much everything from the Justice League files to the end of the movie (minus Lois Lane). Reminded me a lot of Attack of the Clones. Terrible, terrible first half, but it ends on a really strong note. Includes the BvS fight, why they stopped fighting, the Doomsday fight....

Everything Batman and Wonder Woman

Justice League Files and Lex naming them.

Things that were okay/good
Superman

Majority of Lex Luthor scenes.

Things I Hated
Zach Snyder and his CGI ****.

Lois Lane

The flow and scene placement

Verdict
A movie with a lot of potential. A movie that I will gladly see again, but it will always be at Attack of the Clones level. Crappy love scenes, crappy graphics, but a last half that kicks ***. I might even see this movie again and look forward to the director's cut.

I honestly think I could make this movie flow much, much better and make it a better movie. Hopefully someone cuts scenes and rearranges them, will make this movie what it could have been.

Back