Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I need to see it again. Couldn't sleep last night lol.

Yeah same thing with me. :lol. I'll probably see it again in the theatre as there is so much to process.

Great job on the review Jye. Eisenberg's hamfisted theatrics did start to wear thin on me by the end. But not enough to ruin his version of Lex to me. I do wonder how Spacey would have fared had he been in this role.

More thoughts coming to me:

If i'm not mistaken I heard elements of 89 music in the scene where they show Batman's costume in its circular closet. Just ever so subtle, just enough to be recognized.

Lex's Prometheus lecture reminded me of SR.

Makes sense lol. I agree. I wasn't expecting much since I'm more a Marvel fan but even as a big fan of Marvel I still enjoy DC comics. I just am not sure at the moment. I will say I want some collectibles from the movie. [emoji38]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Definitly.
Especially now that the bat has been updated by hot toys im getting everything, hope they Will add the damaged armor helmet and nightmare bat his rifle.
On the face with WW, i really think the oassive look is hurting the figure.
And lets not Forget about the full rubber body.
I Will aslo have a hard time with my women, my wife Will be mocking me and my dolls even more as it would be the first female figure in my collection and my daughter Will want to play with it since shes got a crush on Ww.
Gotta get her a barbie one ^^

Whew....you're right about that. Thankfully the wife put the kid to sleep because I hit a wall. :lol

I liked batfan's review but all movies boil down to being subjective, we then take that piece of subjective art and thru our internal emotional interpretation we make it an objective truth for ourselves....you know..the whole it's good or it's bad thing.

So yeah, if you hated it or liked it, you have your own very personal reasons for it and you are 100% right on the mark FOR YOURSELF.

No one is WRONG or RIGHT here, your opinion is true and accurate for yourself.

So, did I like or hate it.

I'll tell you what, i'm still thinking about it very heavily that's for certain.

Someone here had wondered if this movie can be improved by making it longer, I would unequivocally say YES!

Not "saved", but "improved", there's a difference.

I don't think the movie requires any saving.

I would just like to see additional nourishing layers of motivation and plot added so that the narrative can fully form into a meaningful message.

What is there is memorable that's for certain but also complicated.

The movie trips in its rush to catch up with Marvel to showcase the what, how and why.

BUT, and this is important, I went in knowing EVERYTHING yet I was still engaged!

That has to stand for something I guess, the movie did something right.

Bullet points to cut to the core of my thoughts:

The movie moved fast and was NOT boring in any sense of the word!

WW should've never been shown in the trailers, WB got scared.

Very powerful opening! I'll say it again, very powerful opening with the MOS tie in.

Lex was terrifying at certain times, not as bad as I was expecting. Intelligence can be just as intimidating as physical strength. Intelligence mixed with psychotic sociopathic behavior can be terrifying. I liked how olbertfrog described this Lex, I see the same thing, the same motivations, just needs to flesh out some more.

Tradition continues,
Spoiler Spoiler:

Abomination...I mean Doomsday...looked as bad as Abomination and TIH was how long ago already!

Doomsday is too big.

Boobs in a cbm! Her nips were cgi out, I **** you not lol!

Affleck is a great looking Wayne/Batman, love both, want more of both!

Great looking Batcave and road leading up to the Batcave.

Kind of silly that had Batman just listened to Superman for an extra second their battle could've been avoided.

Batman killing fully blown out of proportion, nuff said!

Batman fighting was indeed bad ass and brutal but if some people had a hard time with the shaky cam in WS wait until they see this. But definately the BEST Batman fighting style on film, period!

I liked Batman's voice.

Bruce Wayne's parents were cheap, should've hired security guards and had a car waiting outside!

I liked not having Gordon but maybe there's should've been a shot of a mysterious person helping Batman implying an insider from GPD.

Batman's bad guy stalking with cops trying to find him was well done.

Batmobile was cool, maybe a little too RC car like, not in it that much but was used well enough I guess.

Batwing much better this time around than floating Bat lobster tail.

New Alfred was cool but didn't do much, hope he has more scenes in the extended edition.

Why didn't WW
Spoiler Spoiler:

Why didn't Martha Kent
Spoiler Spoiler:

Lois everywhere again lol.

But Lois was better in this.

Superman has an incredible murdering face!

Spoiler Spoiler:

The Cyborg teaser was really bad...horrible cgi. He was the worst of them.

Devin Faraci made a stink
Spoiler Spoiler:

How dafuq am I going to explain to my wife why those flying Attack of the Clones bugs are in this movie, FML! Extended cut will have to flesh some of that stuff out for regular people to understand lol.

WW good, not great, her acting as WW was weak at times.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Dumb humans and their
Spoiler Spoiler:

Loved Batman's theme, the soundtrack overall worked much better in this movie than it did in MOS, pleasant surprise!

The ending
Spoiler Spoiler:

As I think about it some more I will update my thoughts.

Some are calling it DC's AOU.

I still think the talk between Ultron and Vision at the end is quality writing, Lex came close to that level of nuance at times.

That being said, nothing in BvS trinity matched the triple attack on Ultron by Vision/Thor/IM! Sorry trinity.

This movie doesn't destroy BB/TDK, those 2 still kick ass.

It is better than MOS though, at least I wasn't bored!

GO SEE IT!

STOP WORRYING AND GO SEE IT! BATMAN is in this, how can you NOT go see it!

Bottom line for me.....

THIS MOVIE DID NOT SUCK, THIS MOVIE IS NOT A DISASTER!

FOR ME....that's my objective truth!

Going again tonight!

Come at me brahs :lol

Seeing it in a few hours- I am relieved at least YOU liked it...! :lol

I didn't enjoy the movie, but people in my theater clapped at the end, so different strokes! The folks that I saw it with didn't think it was as bad as I did, but I also don't like the Superman that most people here like so I'm biased.

The directing, script, and music were all terrible in my opinion. The characterizations were awful and the editing was ridiculously choppy. I'm not seeing Justice League or any other movie by Zack Snyder after this. The movie just feels like a bunch of scenes hobbled together with comical acting and music.

Henry Cavill's performance is the worst that I've seen in any movie. I liked Clark (I don't consider him Superman at that point) in Man of Steel and I enjoyed that movie, but this movie made me dislike it. I can't criticize Ben Affleck's performance because the writing was so bad. His character was unlike-able, and because of that, I didn't even enjoy the scenes that I loved in the trailer. Out of context though, I think the Batman vs Superman might be awesome, but within the context of the story, I couldn't root for Batman because he was a psychopath. And Lex Luthor was worse than the trailers. I don't think Jesse Eisenberg is a bad actor, and he might have given us an interesting spin, but I didn't enjoy anything about him. I liked the the cgi in the trailers because I watched them on my iphone, but on a big screen, I didn't like it. X-Men Apocalypse trailer's cgi didn't look very good on the big screen either to me, but I'm sure it will be good movie like the rest of Bryan Singer's X-Men work.

I still got my Dark Knight trilogy to re-watch and plenty of great animated stuff to look forward to. I'm finally going through Young Justice and loving that show (Probably the greatest superhero cartoon ever), so I can still get my DC fix!

Whew....you're right about that. Thankfully the wife put the kid to sleep because I hit a wall. :lol

I liked batfan's review but all movies boil down to being subjective, we then take that piece of subjective art and thru our internal emotional interpretation we make it an objective truth for ourselves....you know..the whole it's good or it's bad thing.

So yeah, if you hated it or liked it, you have your own very personal reasons for it and you are 100% right on the mark FOR YOURSELF.

No one is WRONG or RIGHT here, your opinion is true and accurate for yourself.

So, did I like or hate it.

I'll tell you what, i'm still thinking about it very heavily that's for certain.

Someone here had wondered if this movie can be improved by making it longer, I would unequivocally say YES!

Not "saved", but "improved", there's a difference.

I don't think the movie requires any saving.

I would just like to see additional nourishing layers of motivation and plot added so that the narrative can fully form into a meaningful message.

What is there is memorable that's for certain but also complicated.

The movie trips in its rush to catch up with Marvel to showcase the what, how and why.

BUT, and this is important, I went in knowing EVERYTHING yet I was still engaged!

That has to stand for something I guess, the movie did something right.

Bullet points to cut to the core of my thoughts:

The movie moved fast and was NOT boring in any sense of the word!

WW should've never been shown in the trailers, WB got scared.

Very powerful opening! I'll say it again, very powerful opening with the MOS tie in.

Lex was terrifying at certain times, not as bad as I was expecting. Intelligence can be just as intimidating as physical strength. Intelligence mixed with psychotic sociopathic behavior can be terrifying. I liked how olbertfrog described this Lex, I see the same thing, the same motivations, just needs to flesh out some more.

Tradition continues,
Spoiler Spoiler:

Abomination...I mean Doomsday...looked as bad as Abomination and TIH was how long ago already!

Doomsday is too big.

Boobs in a cbm! Her nips were cgi out, I **** you not lol!

Affleck is a great looking Wayne/Batman, love both, want more of both!

Great looking Batcave and road leading up to the Batcave.

Kind of silly that had Batman just listened to Superman for an extra second their battle could've been avoided.

Batman killing fully blown out of proportion, nuff said!

Batman fighting was indeed bad ass and brutal but if some people had a hard time with the shaky cam in WS wait until they see this. But definately the BEST Batman fighting style on film, period!

I liked Batman's voice.

Bruce Wayne's parents were cheap, should've hired security guards and had a car waiting outside!

I liked not having Gordon but maybe there's should've been a shot of a mysterious person helping Batman implying an insider from GPD.

Batman's bad guy stalking with cops trying to find him was well done.

Batmobile was cool, maybe a little too RC car like, not in it that much but was used well enough I guess.

Batwing much better this time around than floating Bat lobster tail.

New Alfred was cool but didn't do much, hope he has more scenes in the extended edition.

Why didn't WW
Spoiler Spoiler:

Why didn't Martha Kent
Spoiler Spoiler:

Lois everywhere again lol.

But Lois was better in this.

Superman has an incredible murdering face!

Spoiler Spoiler:

The Cyborg teaser was really bad...horrible cgi. He was the worst of them.

Devin Faraci made a stink
Spoiler Spoiler:

How dafuq am I going to explain to my wife why those flying Attack of the Clones bugs are in this movie, FML! Extended cut will have to flesh some of that stuff out for regular people to understand lol.

WW good, not great, her acting as WW was weak at times.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Dumb humans and their
Spoiler Spoiler:

Loved Batman's theme, the soundtrack overall worked much better in this movie than it did in MOS, pleasant surprise!

The ending
Spoiler Spoiler:

As I think about it some more I will update my thoughts.

Some are calling it DC's AOU.

I still think the talk between Ultron and Vision at the end is quality writing, Lex came close to that level of nuance at times.

That being said, nothing in BvS trinity matched the triple attack on Ultron by Vision/Thor/IM! Sorry trinity.

This movie doesn't destroy BB/TDK, those 2 still kick ass.

It is better than MOS though, at least I wasn't bored!

GO SEE IT!

STOP WORRYING AND GO SEE IT! BATMAN is in this, how can you NOT go see it!

Bottom line for me.....

THIS MOVIE DID NOT SUCK, THIS MOVIE IS NOT A DISASTER!

FOR ME....that's my objective truth!

Going again tonight!

Come at me brahs :lol

Going tonight.. I will be sure to pick your review apart when I get back ;) :lol

Thanks for the thoughts on the film... Always an enjoyable read.

I thought it was ok. Not great, not horrible. I was not a fan of Lex acting like the Joker. At least that's what I took from his craziness.

Doomsday was way too tall. minor nitpick.

My biggest complaint is

Spoiler Spoiler:

I definitely need another viewing. But i'm 50/50 on this and it bums me out because I really wanted this to be fantastic. One highlight to me was Affleck. I really enjoyed his batman.

I am relieved at least YOU liked it...! :lol

Does he? Jye said he was thinking about it. Only feedback towards the overall film was it didnt suck nor is it a disaster. . Instead he said to watch it because Batman is in it. Very far from saying he liked it....I can tell he's not happy at all about boob gate :rotfl

I really liked Tao Okamoto as Lex's assistant. She was good in this cause she barely spoke; just stood around looking hot! Her acting was pretty bad in The Wolverine.

I thought Wonder Woman was awesome.

I also found it odd that Aquaman was holding his breath underwater. Looked....not good.

I thought it was ok. Not great, not horrible. I was not a fan of Lex acting like the Joker.
My biggest complaint is

Spoiler Spoiler:

Yeah i agree on jokerlex especially in the final scene.

As for your complaint,
Spoiler Spoiler:

Last edited:
Well if Jye enjoyed breast...er the movie, I should too.

Does Supes kill Zod/Doomsday by snapping his neck? That would be hilarious of Snyder. No Fox Given. :lol

RT is a JOKE- watch how well this does with audiences worldwide........RT does not gauge or control the success of a movie whatsoever

Well if Jye enjoyed breast...er the movie, I should too.

Does Supes kill Zod/Doomsday by snapping his neck? That would be hilarious of Snyder. No Fox Given. :lol

I think you would have heard it by now if it was the case.
Would had been funny tho.

Back