Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Darthkostis,
Dunno where yu got the hater or not knowing the comic.
Ive have not said anything close to that.
Just pointing the fact that some are asking for his motivation in the movie and it is there.
I did not even brought up the comics coz if one read them he knows why Lex hates Supes.

BvS Lex is Lex Begins as Supes in Mos is is Supes Begins.
I'm fine with seeing the character becoming what he us supposed to be.
The big mistake to me is the final.
When he is "crowned".
Enfin on him screaming with snot was embarrassing.
He should have stayed cool, fearless, crazy like he was with Supes on the rooftop.
Felt too much like bat vs joker scène.

As for the laïus about liking the movie and
Im not even sure I like the movie.
For the moment I like the idea if it.
So you are barking at the wrong tree.

I specifically wrote that this wasn't directed at you. It's like, the first 5 or so words of my third paragraph.

Not to be a ****, but... why? I'm not asking in a "yer stoopid" way, I'm genuinely curious. What makes you personally think he's up to the task? Again, I'm just curious, I'm not judging, I've already said my piece.

For the first time, he's made the heroes feel vulnerable, even superman.
It's unlike other comic book movies where they fight, but I never really feel like they are in danger.

I feel every character where great, even Lex.
Lois was really great in the movie. Lois brought hope when superman was losing his.
Visually, it's beautiful. The fights were brutal. It actually affected me when batman and superman were at it, part of me was like...
Goddamit...stop!!!!

Affleck IS batman. I ate crow. I was one of the whiners when he was casted as batman. He's the best batman yet.
It just feels like an amazing graphic novel coming to life.
Absolutely love this movie. I will see it again this weekend.

I also give Snyder credit for having balls...to not make the characters one dimensional, and have characters do things that's out of their character.

For the first time, he's made the heroes feel vulnerable, even superman.
It's unlike other comic book movies where they fight, but I never really feel like they are in danger.

I feel every character where great, even Lex.
Lois was really great in the movie. Lois brought hope when superman was losing his.
Visually, it's beautiful. The fights were brutal. It actually affected me when batman and superman were at it, part of me was like...
Goddamit...stop!!!!

Affleck IS batman. I ate crow. I was one of the whiners when he was casted as batman. He's the best batman yet.
It just feels like an amazing graphic novel coming to life.
Absolutely love this movie. I will see it again this weekend.

I dissagree with just about everything apart from Affleck. The fights were like a PS3 cinematic in fast-forward, Lois was useless, Lex was awful, it was too "smart" for its own shake, and generally a mess. But that's my personal opinion, I'm judging.

Well, I'm glad you enjoyed it though. I certainly didn't hate it, but I want Snyder as far away from the DCEU as possible. The only Snyder I care about is Scott Snyder...

To the people that saw it. Is Dan Amboyer in the film? I kept looking for out for his appearance to see if there was any hint of him being (as rumored) Hal Jordan/Green Lantern. But I must of blinked and missed it.

I dissagree with just about everything apart from Affleck. The fights were like a PS3 cinematic in fast-forward, Lois was useless, Lex was awful, it was too "smart" for its own shake, and generally a mess. But that's my personal opinion, I'm judging.

Well, I'm glad you enjoyed it though. I certainly didn't hate it, but I want Snyder as far away from the DCEU as possible. The only Snyder I care about is Scott Snyder...

I don't think Lois was useless, and this is actually the best Lois incarnation I've seen.
I thought it was really great to see superman struggling. Frustrated with humanity. The "S" stands for hope...and This time...clark was losing his. But Lois was there as his hope...I love their talk in the end.
That was actually one of my surprise in this movie.
I thought Lois would just be a returning character to fill the spot for superman's world. But she was actually a main character.

I don't think Lois was useless, and this is actually the best Lois incarnation I've seen.
I thought it was really great to see superman struggling. Frustrated with humanity. The "S" stands for hope...and This time...clark was losing his. But Lois was there as his hope...I love their talk in the end.
That was actually one of my surprise in this movie.
I thought Lois would just be a returning character to fill the spot for superman's world. But she was actually a main character.

Eh, the Messiah comparisons got old... and fast. there's nothing intelligent or groundbreaking about comparing the powerful hero to God, it's just pseudo-intellectual BS, and a badly done one at that. Superman's supossed to at least try and instil hope. This one was reduced to being a mopey, tired, angsty guy. Different strokes for different folks, but that's my main problem with the film...

I specifically wrote that this wasn't directed at you. It's like, the first 5 or so words of my third paragraph.

I read that.
Its the "you you you" that followed that confused me :)
Sometimes things gets lost in translation.

Also guys its been pretty civil to this point until that guy start calling name.
Just report him and move on.
Most of the pros and the cons are giving their views with solid argumentation.
So dont bother and keep up the good work :)

I read that.
Its the "you you you" that followed that confused me :)
Sometimes things gets lost in translation.

Also guys its been pretty civil to this point until that guy start calling name.
Just report him and move on.
Most of the pros and the cons are giving their views with solid argumentation.
So dont bother and keep up the good work :)

Ah, sorry. Yeah, in the internet lots of things get misinterptreted, that's true.

Just got out of a late showing. I have to say that I liked it! :lol After reading Darthkostis' in depth review, I was expecting the worst along the lines of a Green Lantern or X3. But I was pleasantly surprised. The opening sequence gave me goosebumps and was probably my favourite scene with Beautiful Lie playing in the background. Affleck as Batman was strong. I loved the fight scenes with him and he had this physical brutality that was at times scary. You could feel the weight of his punches. Gadot didn't have many scenes but I thought she was more than serviceable as WW. WW fans will like how she fares in the final battle. There is this one scene where she gives this look of excitement after she gets hit. That one expression encapsulates WW to a tee. Cavill portrayal as Supes surprised me a lot. He was given a lot more to do in terms of acting. I felt he wasn't as wooden as he was in MOS. His relationship with Lois was more believable. The action scenes were simply gorgeous. The nightmare sequence and the BvS fight looked incredible in IMAX. I also liked some the comic book nods peppered in the movie.

With all that said, this was still a flawed movie. But it isn't a s***show at least for me. There are pacing issues which made some of the transitions to scenes jarring, the cameos felt forced and tacked on, and some scenes left me scratching my head (wtf at the inception scene?). But my biggest gripe towards the movie is accessibility. I felt that it's too brutal to take children to go and see it. I would love to be able to take my niece or nephew to see a Superman or a Batman movie and show them why these characters have a rich history and are so beloved. I want to be able to show my kids a Superman that is inspiring and sadly I don't think I'll get that with Snyder helming the DCEU. I wouldn't be opposed to him having a diminished voice in JL or getting another director altogether. That said, it'll be interesting to see the footage that was cut and the commentary to hear his views and why he chose to do certain scenes his way.

All I can say is to watch the movie in IMAX and decide for yourself if it sucks or not. If you're expecting BvS to be TDK or TWS, you'll be disappointed IMO. It's more akin to Batman Returns than Batman & Robin to me if that makes any sense. :lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its an extremely engaging two and a half hours. I could have easily gone for three.

I felt the exact opposite. Seemed like there was very little substance and a lot of drama surrounding it.

All in all: Batman was cool. Wonder Woman was cool. The story around them was hollow, overdramatic, exaggerated, tediously paced garbage. A two and a half-hour ad for Imax cameras with five minutes of actual confrontation and no real substance or cohesion. Doomsday was a joke that got the same treatment Venom did in Spidey 3 -- except Spidey 3 was more entertaining. This was a grueling, self-important slog.

Here is a beautiful Storyboard frame from the awesome Jay Oliva.
The guy directed (and storyboarded) sole of the best animated DC.
I loved his work on MAN OF STEEL and wondered if he was on BVS since ive find the fights too generic and messy.
Im really surprised he indeed worked on it.
Something must have happened or maybe all the thunders, fire and setting did not really help to read the action.
Bummer.

image.jpg

Updated with another one.
image.jpg

But that's why I want him to redeem himself :lol

Imagine JL comes out and he knocks it out the park? Seeing everyone go from hating on the guy to hopping on the bandwagon would just be amazing to see.

It really does. Supposedly the movie will have a lighter tone and be more "fun", and the critics love fun, so there a good chance this will be decent.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

U keep saying give Zack another chance
But why not give another competent person a chance as well?
Why not keep Zacks main ideas and have someone bring a new perspective to it.

People love marvel so much and yet they never use the same directors for everything
Not even same writers
So maybe dc biggest mistake was put all their eggs on goyer and Zack.

And yeah sure, Nolan was given reign over all 3 batman movies but Nolan never was going to build an entire franchise. He had one solid idea of 3 movies and that's it.
His point was never to build a world for more movies besides what he did

Pretty much on par with AoU for me, average and a 6/10.

Has it's good moments and it's bad. Lex is probably the thing I liked the least, didn't like how he was portrayed in this film and really the only version I've liked of Lex was in the tv show Smallville.

Also wasn't too fond of Gotham and Metropolis being as close as Manhattan and New Jersey. That seemed a bit ridiculous. The Knightmare scene could have been left out completely and Aquaman was only seen in a video? Seriously expected him to swim up with the spear at the end and actually be in the action. I don't get why they did any promotion for his character whatsoever.

I liked all of the big 3 in Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman. I am looking forward to seeing the Justice League film in future.

Film was good Affleck was One of the best Batman ever seen on film. Frank Miller + Kevin Conroy = Affleck Batman! And Alfred was THE best Alfred I have ever seen on film period!

U keep saying give Zack another chance
But why not give another competent person a chance as well?
Why not keep Zacks main ideas and have someone bring a new perspective to it.

People love marvel so much and yet they never use the same directors for everything
Not even same writers
So maybe dc biggest mistake was put all their eggs on goyer and Zack.

And yeah sure, Nolan was given reign over all 3 batman movies but Nolan never was going to build an entire franchise. He had one solid idea of 3 movies and that's it.
His point was never to build a world for more movies besides what he did

Marvel choice to not use the same directors is a financial one.
If a movie is success the the director Will ask more money for the sequel and they try to avoid that.
Look at the Favreau and Russo Bros troubles.
The way Marvel do they movies is akin to a factory assemble line, they have a team of concep artist, storyboard, previz artist who really basically do all the work when it voles to the visuals, designs, camera work, pacing and all.
The directors dont have a lot of room to move, that is why some are not returning.
The comitee way of doing thing is their modus operandi.
I have no trouble with that , it works great.
Sadly Just not my taste visually thematically most of the time.
I kinda prefer the "author" (big word for Snyder i know lol) driven way WB is doing with Snyder, even if he fails its far more exiting to me.

As for dc Save if you really dont like his take on the dc universe i dont think anybody Will do a much better job.
Irish confirmed that Goyer had nothing to do with BVS (as Nolan who is still yet credited as an exec producer).
If they scrap his JLA take completely and give it to another team ok but i doubt its gonna happen.
Looks like as polarizing this DC universe is gonna be, it still gonna make money and Warner is going to continue.
Im interested to see where it goes but Snyder really has to wake up the Snyder who directed Watchmen.
I really wonder now if the extended cut actually solved some of the problem, pacing characterization...

Last edited:
Back