Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He fixed star wars and star trek. Who says I'm joking.
He can save this too. (I didn't even love force awakens but he could fix this).

I think Jye had too many drinks and fell asleep, oh well, look forward to your thoughts tomorrow.

Rest well, my friend!

:duff

Whew....you're right about that. Thankfully the wife put the kid to sleep because I hit a wall. :lol

I liked batfan's review but all movies boil down to being subjective, we then take that piece of subjective art and thru our internal emotional interpretation we make it an objective truth for ourselves....you know..the whole it's good or it's bad thing.

So yeah, if you hated it or liked it, you have your own very personal reasons for it and you are 100% right on the mark FOR YOURSELF.

No one is WRONG or RIGHT here, your opinion is true and accurate for yourself.

So, did I like or hate it.

I'll tell you what, i'm still thinking about it very heavily that's for certain.

Someone here had wondered if this movie can be improved by making it longer, I would unequivocally say YES!

Not "saved", but "improved", there's a difference.

I don't think the movie requires any saving.

I would just like to see additional nourishing layers of motivation and plot added so that the narrative can fully form into a meaningful message.

What is there is memorable that's for certain but also complicated.

The movie trips in its rush to catch up with Marvel to showcase the what, how and why.

BUT, and this is important, I went in knowing EVERYTHING yet I was still engaged!

That has to stand for something I guess, the movie did something right.

Bullet points to cut to the core of my thoughts:

The movie moved fast and was NOT boring in any sense of the word!

WW should've never been shown in the trailers, WB got scared.

Very powerful opening! I'll say it again, very powerful opening with the MOS tie in.

Lex was terrifying at certain times, not as bad as I was expecting. Intelligence can be just as intimidating as physical strength. Intelligence mixed with psychotic sociopathic behavior can be terrifying. I liked how olbertfrog described this Lex, I see the same thing, the same motivations, just needs to flesh out some more.

Tradition continues,
Spoiler Spoiler:

Abomination...I mean Doomsday...looked as bad as Abomination and TIH was how long ago already!

Doomsday is too big.

Boobs in a cbm! Her nips were cgi out, I **** you not lol!

Affleck is a great looking Wayne/Batman, love both, want more of both!

Great looking Batcave and road leading up to the Batcave.

Kind of silly that had Batman just listened to Superman for an extra second their battle could've been avoided.

Batman killing fully blown out of proportion, nuff said!

Batman fighting was indeed bad ass and brutal but if some people had a hard time with the shaky cam in WS wait until they see this. But definately the BEST Batman fighting style on film, period!

I liked Batman's voice.

Bruce Wayne's parents were cheap, should've hired security guards and had a car waiting outside!

I liked not having Gordon but maybe there's should've been a shot of a mysterious person helping Batman implying an insider from GPD.

Batman's bad guy stalking with cops trying to find him was well done.

Batmobile was cool, maybe a little too RC car like, not in it that much but was used well enough I guess.

Batwing much better this time around than floating Bat lobster tail.

New Alfred was cool but didn't do much, hope he has more scenes in the extended edition.

Why didn't WW
Spoiler Spoiler:

Why didn't Martha Kent
Spoiler Spoiler:

Lois everywhere again lol.

But Lois was better in this.

Superman has an incredible murdering face!

Spoiler Spoiler:

The Cyborg teaser was really bad...horrible cgi. He was the worst of them.

Devin Faraci made a stink
Spoiler Spoiler:

How dafuq am I going to explain to my wife why those flying Attack of the Clones bugs are in this movie, FML! Extended cut will have to flesh some of that stuff out for regular people to understand lol.

WW good, not great, her acting as WW was weak at times.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Dumb humans and their
Spoiler Spoiler:

Loved Batman's theme, the soundtrack overall worked much better in this movie than it did in MOS, pleasant surprise!

The ending
Spoiler Spoiler:

As I think about it some more I will update my thoughts.

Some are calling it DC's AOU.

I still think the talk between Ultron and Vision at the end is quality writing, Lex came close to that level of nuance at times.

That being said, nothing in BvS trinity matched the triple attack on Ultron by Vision/Thor/IM! Sorry trinity.

This movie doesn't destroy BB/TDK, those 2 still kick ass.

It is better than MOS though, at least I wasn't bored!

GO SEE IT!

STOP WORRYING AND GO SEE IT! BATMAN is in this, how can you NOT go see it!

Bottom line for me.....

THIS MOVIE DID NOT SUCK, THIS MOVIE IS NOT A DISASTER!

FOR ME....that's my objective truth!

Going again tonight!

Come at me brahs :lol

Last edited:
Pretty much on par with AoU for me, average and a 6/10.

Has it's good moments and it's bad. Lex is probably the thing I liked the least, didn't like how he was portrayed in this film and really the only version I've liked of Lex was in the tv show Smallville.

Also wasn't too fond of Gotham and Metropolis being as close as Manhattan and New Jersey. That seemed a bit ridiculous. The Knightmare scene could have been left out completely and Aquaman was only seen in a video? Seriously expected him to swim up with the spear at the end and actually be in the action. I don't get why they did any promotion for his character whatsoever.

I liked all of the big 3 in Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman. I am looking forward to seeing the Justice League film in future.

Yup, this is pretty much exactly how I felt (though I'd go 5/10). We FINALLY get a Lex Luthor who isn't about some kind of land grab and its some dork who is trying to put an insane Joker-like spin on a character that's not known for being some insane whack job. Luthor is cool and collected, Clancy Browns take on him in STAS and the JL cartoons was spot on in how he should have been portrayed, not as some babbling weasel. Supes was great, Batman was good (though at times that mask seemed to fit him weird) and actually Gadot sold me as WW by the end....I'm not saying there aren't actresses who better fit that role but I did enjoy her screen time (as WW not all the scenes shes slinking around in designer dresses). Also I wasn't as disappointed in Doomsday as others seem to be, they cant have the heroes spend the entire movie fighting him, yes the CGI on him could have been a little better but it wasn't the cartoon I was expecting. I think overall if the movie suffers from anything its editing and pacing, something the extended rated R version may be able to fix.

He fixed star wars and star trek. Who says I'm joking.
:lol

He broke Star Trek to make way into Star Wars territory where he just took the worst kind of fan fiction and made a film out of it.
Yeah, this is a perfect candidate for "fixing" things... A bad joke. A sad one too.

:lol

He broke Star Trek to make way into Star Wars territory where he just took the worst kind of fan fiction and made a film out of it.
Yeah, this is a perfect candidate for "fixing" things... A bad joke. A sad one too.

Who would I give it to then? Who could fix it? Joss whedon? Lol

I'm glad a lot of you are happy with the film. I definitely don't think it's terrible. I will have to see it again in order to give me a solid rating and if I like or dislike it. I still cannot decide even after taking a whole night thinking about the film and even a nights rest.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

Jye, Nice review man.

About The help batman could get from an insider.
Remember Jena Malone was cut so thats definitly something to look for in the Extended.
Agreed on the moment pre fight when Supes tries to talk with Bat, he doesnt try really hard.

Something felt really weird about some "ghost".
Spoiler Spoiler:

I'm glad a lot of you are happy with the film. I definitely don't think it's terrible. I will have to see it again in order to give me a solid rating and if I like or dislike it. I still cannot decide even after taking a whole night thinking about the film and even a nights rest.

Yeah its really weird.
Im usually not that uncertain.
Definitly need and worth a second watch.

Yeah its really weird.

I agree with your Lex explanation. :duff

A decent update/change from some of his comic offerings.

Not every Lex has to be a macho guy, his tech geeky persona worked in the context of what Lexcorp represented.

It just needs to be fleshed out some more that's all.

Yeah its really weird.
Exactly. I posted my review pages back without spoiling anything and I'm still uncertain about it. I've been thinking about it all night and even this morning. Maybe I'm thinking to hard about it and next viewing I just need to ease and watch.

Whew....you're right about that. Thankfully the wife put the kid to sleep because I hit a wall. :lol

I liked batfan's review but all movies boil down to being subjective, we then take that piece of subjective art and thru our internal emotional interpretation we make it an objective truth for ourselves....you know..the whole it's good or it's bad thing.

So yeah, if you hated it or liked it, you have your own very personal reasons for it and you are 100% right on the mark FOR YOURSELF.

No one is WRONG or RIGHT here, your opinion is true and accurate for yourself.

So, did I like or hate it.

I'll tell you what, i'm still thinking about it very heavily that's for certain.

Someone here had wondered if this movie can be improved by making it longer, I would unequivocally say YES!

Not "saved", but "improved", there's a difference.

I don't think the movie requires any saving.

I would just like to see additional nourishing layers of motivation and plot added so that the narrative can fully form into a meaningful message.

What is there is memorable that's for certain but also complicated.

The movie trips in its rush to catch up with Marvel to showcase the what, how and why.

BUT, and this is important, I went in knowing EVERYTHING yet I was still engaged!

That has to stand for something I guess, the movie did something right.

Bullet points to cut to the core of my thoughts:

The movie moved fast and was NOT boring in any sense of the word!

WW should've never been shown in the trailers, WB got scared.

Very powerful opening! I'll say it again, very powerful opening with the MOS tie in.

Lex was terrifying at certain times, not as bad as I was expecting. Intelligence can be just as intimidating as physical strength. Intelligence mixed with psychotic sociopathic behavior can be terrifying. I liked how olbertfrog described this Lex, I see the same thing, the same motivations, just needs to flesh out some more.

Tradition continues,
Spoiler Spoiler:

Abomination...I mean Doomsday...looked as bad as Abomination and TIH was how long ago already!

Doomsday is too big.

Boobs in a cbm! Her nips were cgi out, I **** you not lol!

Affleck is a great looking Wayne/Batman, love both, want more of both!

Great looking Batcave and road leading up to the Batcave.

Kind of silly that had Batman just listened to Superman for an extra second their battle could've been avoided.

Batman killing fully blown out of proportion, nuff said!

Batman fighting was indeed bad ass and brutal but if some people had a hard time with the shaky cam in WS wait until they see this. But definately theBEST Batman fighting style on film, period!

I liked Batman's voice.

Bruce Wayne's parents were cheap, should've hired security guards and had a car waiting outside!

I liked not having Gordon but maybe there's should've been a shot of a mysterious person helping Batman implying an insider from GPD.

Batman's bad guy stalking with cops trying to find him was well done.

Batmobile was cool, maybe a little too RC car like, not in it that much but was used well enough I guess.

Batwing much better this time around than floating Bat lobster tail.

New Alfred was cool but didn't do much, hope he has more scenes in the extended edition.

Why didn't WW
Spoiler Spoiler:

Why didn't Martha Kent
Spoiler Spoiler:

Lois everywhere again lol.

But Lois was better in this.

Superman has an incredible murdering face!

Spoiler Spoiler:

The Cyborg teaser was really bad...horrible cgi. He was the worst of them.

Devin Faraci made a stink
Spoiler Spoiler:

How dafuq am I going to explain to my wife why those flying Attack of the Clones bugs are in this movie, FML! Extended cut will have to flesh some of that stuff out for regular people to understand lol.

WW good, not great, her acting as WW was weak at times.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Dumb humans and their
Spoiler Spoiler:

Loved Batman's theme, the soundtrack overall worked much better in this movie than it did in MOS, pleasant surprise!

The ending
Spoiler Spoiler:

As I think about it some more I will update my thoughts.

Some are calling it DC's AOU.

I still think the talk between Ultron and Vision at the end is quality writing, Lex came close to that level of nuance at times.

That being said, nothing in BvS trinity matched the triple attack on Ultron by Vision/Thor/IM! Sorry trinity.

This movie doesn't destroy BB/TDK, those 2 still kick ass.

It is better than MOS though, at least I wasn't bored!

GO SEE IT!

STOP WORRYING AND GO SEE IT! BATMAN is in this, how can you NOT go see it!

Bottom line for me.....

THIS MOVIE DID NOT SUCK, THIS MOVIE IS NOT A DISASTER!

FOR ME....that's my objective truth!

Going again tonight!

Come at me brahs :lol

Nice thinks!

You reminded me of some stuff I did enjoy but forgot about, like the batvoice.

I agree with your Lex explanation. :duff

A decent update/change from some of his comic offerings.

Not every Lex has to be a macho guy, his tech geeky persona worked in the context of what Lexcorp represented.

Cheers mate ! :)

Exactly. I posted my review pages back without spoiling anything and I'm still uncertain about it. I've been thinking about it all night and even this morning. Maybe I'm thinking to hard about it and next viewing I just need to ease and watch.

Im gonna make a very bad analogy.
Its like sex the first time or with a girl you really like.
There is so much pressure, expectations, that either you mess it up or yur dissapointed.
I think a lot of us were expecting a lot and now that the movie is here, and that its not as Perfect as we want it to be (nothing is) there is some dissapointment.
Now that the first time is done i think im gonna go back and enjoy ( or not) What the movie actually is, not What i hoped it to be.
Hope it makes sense lol

Just got home. I went in thinking I wasn't going to like it at all. I just wanted to see the Ben Affleck suit on the big screen.

Oh man....I loved this movie.

Now I'm saying it's a great "film" or anything, but I was just so damn entertained for the entire 2 and a half hours.

This movie is basically the comics of my youth, the DC books from the late 80s and early 90s, as imagined by my 13 year old self, and made REAL. It's what we all wanted Burton's Batman and Superman Returns to be.

And it is DARK. There is NO humor in this movie, unless it's a little inside wink at comic book readers. The music is amazing; unlike anything I've heard in a comic book movie so far. Atmospheric, creepy, full of dread....it's like the music from a Kubrick movie.

It's Batman and Superman with the cinematography and editing of WATCHMEN.

And just like Watchmen, this movie is NOT for the masses. It's why critics are calling it crap. This movie is for nerds. Not "new" nerds that discovered Deadpool last year...REAL nerds that read Frank Miller and Dan Jurgens and Alan Moore. There are scenes and dialogue lifted directly from Dark Knight Returns. Batman didn't just beat up criminals; he tore into them like an animal the way Miller's Batman did.

I don't want to oversell it. I loved it, but this is VERY specific take on our heroes. This is not a "classic" take like Christoper Reeve or Batman: The Animated Series. This is for DC readers of a specific timeframe. And that's why the critics just don't get. Just like they didn't get Watchmen. It's not easily accessible stuff...they don't look and act like they think Superman and Batman are supposed to act, so they say it sucks. SO my prediction is this movie is gonna flop. Which is a damn shame cause it lays some really exciting groundwork for stuff ahead, but I don't want to give anything away!

Cheers mate ! :)

Yeah im gonna make a very bad analogy.
Its like sex the first time or with a girl you really like.
There is so much pressure, expectations, that either you mess it up or yur dissapointed.
I think a lot of us were expecting a lot and now that the movie is here, and that its not as Perfect as we want it to be (nothing is) there is some dissapointed.
Now that the first time is done i think im gonna go back and enjoy ( or not) What the movie actually is, not What i hoped it to be.
Hope it make sense lol
Makes sense lol. I agree. I wasn't expecting much since I'm more a Marvel fan but even as a big fan of Marvel I still enjoy DC comics. I just am not sure at the moment. I will say I want some collectibles from the movie. [emoji38]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

I think this may be for you what TFA was for me.

Let me be your khev with BvS how khev was for me with TFA. :lol

You might be biting off more than you can chew there but I like cut of yer jib.

I'm not mad at the Movie Gods. It didn't diddle my childhood or anything. Just didn't do it for me.

Back