Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I survived Nam AND Celtic at the SAME time :lol

Made me invincible

21jc420.jpg
Yea they hated you lmao XD .

Not a Star Wars guy, watched the Original trilogy for the first time earlier this year, enjoyed it quite abit enjoyed TFA much more. Maybe because it has the more modern sensibilities

Back on topic, did anyone notice Supe kicks Batmans car INTO a gas station!?

Lol . Like I said this movie is going to be picked cleaned haha. It's details like that that'll make a huge deal.March thru April is gonna be crazy.

I laughed at another TV spot today. Was the scene where Batman was tied up and Superman lands down. It was just so goofy and almost seemed like a video game.

Totally being sarcastic I use to argue with nam and Celtic and there little friends all the time. So many people were scared of them and let them get under there skin, we'd argue about spiderman all the time.

I could be just as a smart ass as they were, they'd be pages of our little scuffles lol. I still liked them tho.

I remember Nam always having an endless supply of pics to make fun of people with, while Celtic acted just like that one guy named Alex logan or something like that.

I liked Nam. I got the same **** from him everyone did but I thought he was a lot of fun in threads. And actually quite a smart cookie.

I don't see how the X-ray scene was cliche, but as far as how it was shot, I don't know, it looked fine to me.

I agree that the kiss was a bad decision in the wrong place at the wrong time. I feel the writing is all over the place because I think there are some great moments and a lot of good stuff in it, but then there are also lines like,"I just think he's hawwwt" :slap...but then the final lines and scene in the film are pretty great, IMO. When Lois says to Clark, "Welcome to the Planet." Obviously not just meaning the newspaper, and Clark smiles and says, "Glad to be here, Lois." I loved that...perfect ending to a Superman story.

So far I'm not sure what to think of BVS, but my expectations are pretty low and that's coming from someone who liked MOS.

I felt it was cliche because I've seen similar scenes in plenty of other movies about "different" characters. The entire dialogue and the terrible acting from the child actors just really hurt almost all the flashback scenes for me. The movie just kept hitting me over the head that Clarke had a rough upbringing for being different, there was just no subtlety to any of those scenes all of it felt gratuitous. And of course there the infamous tornado scene, the flashback that was the turning point for Clarke, compare that to the flashback in Batman Begins, and how his traumatic pass almost corrupted him by showing us how he almost killed Joe Chill. Those scenes were some of the best parts of the film.

That ending scene I did like though, that was a great ending, but it might have been the only scene I really enjoyed. Even the action didn't do it for me, and there was a lot of it. Snyder/Goyer just didn't create any unique, memorable action scenes for the movie, it was just a bunch of Aliens brawling and it got tiring after about 10 minutes.

I wonder though, if BvS turns out to be worse than MOS, would that some how prove that Goyer wasn't the main problem of that movie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the fandom, of anything, is the death of the stuff they're fans of :lol I can't think of a single fandom of stuff below 2001 or the Godfather, like DC, Marvel, SW, and other pulpy stuff, that isn't complete ****.

With their respective exceptions though, like this place, is full of exceptions, but you go to facebook-type websites and wooho boy, the worst of the worst.

I know the conversation has shifted quite a bit since you posted this, Gaspar, but I just have to point out that fandom has nothing to do with it. Facebook is just full of the worst of the worst, in general. That's the problem with giving everyone a platform...not everyone deserves one.:lol

I can't take Affleck as Batman serious anymore. The more and more I see and read about this, the more I laugh at him and how pathetic he is on screen and in real life.

I liked Nam. I got the same **** from him everyone did but I thought he was a lot of fun in threads. And actually quite a smart cookie.

nam had a pretty good sense of humor even if he was ripping you to shreds :lol his insults would make me laugh. (celtic on the other hand had zero sense of humor which lead to many fights lol)

nam had a pretty good sense of humor even if he was ripping you to shreds :lol his insults would make me laugh. (celtic on the other hand had zero sense of humor which lead to many fights lol)
Yeah CP was a bit autistic, he even got mad once I called him cilantro friend or something :lol

But Nam would take it as much as he gave it, at least he was a trooper :lol I remember someone said that he had a phase when he actually called people "bub" :rotfl

I know the conversation has shifted quite a bit since you posted this, Gaspar, but I just have to point out that fandom has nothing to do with it. Facebook is just full of the worst of the worst, in general. That's the problem with giving everyone a platform...not everyone deserves one.:lol
Fandom itself isn't inherently bad I suppose, it's just more often than not it turns into a hive-mentality cult impervious to critical and individual thinking.

And I challenge you to mention one fandom that is the exception. :lol

I can't take Affleck as Batman serious anymore. The more and more I see and read about this, the more I laugh at him and how pathetic he is on screen and in real life.
Are you Jennifer Garner by any chance?

With a comment like that Gaspar, seems like you couldn't care wether a married man cheats on his wife and kids....

I have no respect for men or women that cheat. So, I have no respect for Affleck.

I think Gaspar was just trying to add some levity. Of course cheating isn't a good thing, but we want people to get better. Laughing at Affleck seems harsh to me. I hope he turns his life around. We don't want him to get worse, and I'm sure his kids are still excited to see their dad playing Batman on the big screen.

I really like his Batman so far, and I hope his Batman is awesome in the movie. Re-watching the trailers, I am now really liking Henry Cavill's Superman. It's fine if you don't like it. There's a bunch of other media that's hopefully more toward your liking.

I had arguments with Nam in my early days here about NECA and I got annoyed enough to report him. I wouldn't do that now. I'd rather try to find the joke with him.

His insults were legendary here, some of the things he would call people I had never heard anywhere else :lol

Actually the last Nam arguments I remember were probably those with Gaspar. Two great combatants it has to be said, each giving as good as they got. It was always a case of ''Awww, he'll have no comeback to that....'' and yet.....

I felt it was cliche because I've seen similar scenes in plenty of other movies about "different" characters. The entire dialogue and the terrible acting from the child actors just really hurt almost all the flashback scenes for me. The movie just kept hitting me over the head that Clarke had a rough upbringing for being different, there was just no subtlety to any of those scenes all of it felt gratuitous. And of course there the infamous tornado scene, the flashback that was the turning point for Clarke, compare that to the flashback in Batman Begins, and how his traumatic pass almost corrupted him by showing us how he almost killed Joe Chill. Those scenes were some of the best parts of the film.

That ending scene I did like though, that was a great ending, but it might have been the only scene I really enjoyed. Even the action didn't do it for me, and there was a lot of it. Snyder/Goyer just didn't create any unique, memorable action scenes for the movie, it was just a bunch of Aliens brawling and it got tiring after about 10 minutes.

I wonder though, if BvS turns out to be worse than MOS, would that some how prove that Goyer wasn't the main problem of that movie.

I liked the idea of the flashback scenes as a way to show his origin in a way that was somehow relevant to what was happening in the present day, but the only one that I had a problem with was the tornado scene. I didn't mind the other ones though. They were a little melodramatic but they worked for me, maybe because of Costner. I really liked the one where he's looking at little Clark with the cape playing outside. I do feel they were a bit repetitive with Pa Kent constantly saying, "you're going to change the world"...over and over again, but other than that, I didn't mind.

Overall, Batman Begins told the Batman origin better and it's a superior film by a better filmmaker. Snyder is less subtle with everything that he does, like with the religious symbolism and the picture of Jesus behind Clark in the church and Superman doing a crucifix pose while his "wise" father from "above" tells him that he can save everyone :lol Still, I don't mind it.

I enjoyed the action, but I felt the best sequence happened before the climax, instead it happens in Smallville when Clark was fighting Faora. I thought that whole sequence was cool, especially the way Faora took out all the military guys. It was something I'd never seen and it showed how powerful Kryptonians are if they don't want to hold back. It looked a little like videogame, but I figured that what they do is unnatural to begin with, so who knows what moving that fast in real time looks like.

As far as Goyer goes, when I hear oneliners in films, like when Gordon says, "I gotta get me one of those" in Batman Begins or "I just think he's hawwt," I think of Goyer immediately. So, that line in BVS, "I thought she was with you?", sounds very Goyer to me :lol If the film sucks, I'll blame WB.

I had arguments with Nam in my early days here about NECA and I got annoyed enough to report him. I wouldn't do that now. I'd rather try to find the joke with him.

His insults were legendary here, some of the things he would call people I had never heard anywhere else :lol

Actually the last Nam arguments I remember were probably those with Gaspar. Two great combatants it has to be said, each giving as good as they got. It was always a case of ''Awww, he'll have no comeback to that....'' and yet.....
Those were the days, nothing was given, everything was earned, character was forged, you turned on the computer not knowing if you'd turn it off with your pride intact.

That's how men were made.

I remember when nam drove the Nolan fanboys away. That was so refreshing. I remember when kids would come in here and say tdkr was going to be the greatest movie of our time.

What happened to that intovoid guy? He was in love with everything Nolan batman, and some other guy named woffard. It was huge debates with batfan, Fabio, Celtic p, jye and them.

Ok now as someone who loved the pt as much as you , you shouldn't be saying whether anything sucks or not. The pt aren't as bad as people say but still bad.

Batman v superman will hopefully be better than anything with jar jar in it or long pod racing scenes.

I never thought there would come a time where I would be the optimistic one. You have been here for so long, that you are now a cynic and a pessimist....you are truly one of us now. Long gone is the fresh faced, optimistic WWEjedi who always saw the upside of things, who believed that preconceived notions about films were the root of hate. The hate has consumed you, and now you shall be known as, WWEsith. Rise...

vw0ApG8.gif

Back