Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bb2a1-rainman_071pyxurz.jpg

Spoiler Spoiler:

I liked the idea of the flashback scenes as a way to show his origin in a way that was somehow relevant to what was happening in the present day, but the only one that I had a problem with was the tornado scene. I didn't mind the other ones though. They were a little melodramatic but they worked for me, maybe because of Costner. I really liked the one where he's looking at little Clark with the cape playing outside. I do feel they were a bit repetitive with Pa Kent constantly saying, "you're going to change the world"...over and over again, but other than that, I didn't mind.

Overall, Batman Begins told the Batman origin better and it's a superior film by a better filmmaker. Snyder is less subtle with everything that he does, like with the religious symbolism and the picture of Jesus behind Clark in the church and Superman doing a crucifix pose while his "wise" father from "above" tells him that he can save everyone :lol Still, I don't mind it.

I enjoyed the action, but I felt the best sequence happened before the climax, instead it happens in Smallville when Clark was fighting Faora. I thought that whole sequence was cool, especially the way Faora took out all the military guys. It was something I'd never seen and it showed how powerful Kryptonians are if they don't want to hold back. It looked a little like videogame, but I figured that what they do is unnatural to begin with, so who knows what moving that fast in real time looks like.

As far as Goyer goes, when I hear oneliners in films, like when Gordon says, "I gotta get me one of those" in Batman Begins or "I just think he's hawwt," I think of Goyer immediately. So, that line in BVS, "I thought she was with you?", sounds very Goyer to me :lol If the film sucks, I'll blame WB.

Yea the melodramatic stuff is hard for me to enjoy, that one of my main problems, but if I didn’t mind that, then I would probably have enjoyed the move a lot more. I definitely want the movie to be good, but I’m just nervous that this movie might turn out terrible, but get great reviews, which might be the new formula for big budget movies to copy. Right now, we’re in the “turn you brain off and just enjoy the spectacle” age of cinema, if BvS is actually a good movie, and the beginning of what to expect from other DC films, then hopefully it could start setting a new standard for these summer blockbusters that are basically copying Marvel. As of right now, I doubt it, but I pray man, because I’m losing interest in almost all these summer blockbusters :lol

Last edited:
Yea the melodramatic stuff is hard for me to enjoy, that one of my main problems, but if I didn’t mind that, they I would probably have enjoyed the move a lot more. I’m definitely want the movie to be good, but I’m just nervous that this movie might turn out terrible, but get great reviews, which might be the new formula for big budget movies to copy. Right now, were in the “turn you brain off and just enjoy the spectacle” age of cinema, if BvS is actually a good movie, and the beginning of what to expect from other DC films, then hopefully it could start setting a new standard for this summer blockbusters that are basically copying Marvel. As of right now, I doubt, but I pray man, because I’m losing interest in almost all these summer blockbusters :lol

I don't want to be pessimistic about this film, because that's WWEjedi's mission now, but I honestly think this film will be very similar to MOS, so those who did not liked it, probably won't like a lot of things in this film. I expect the Bruce Wayne flashback scene or scenes to be melodramatic, especially the ones about his parents' death...but peole might give it a pass because it's Batman, so who knows? Do you like any of Snyder's films? Because the only one I really like is MOS, but his track record isn't very good, critically speaking, which is why I don't expect this film to get great reviews. I expect low 70% on RT at best.

Regarding Nam, he was basically my introduction into the movie section, I think his motto at the time was “destroy noobs” or something like that :lol

I always thought he was funny though, and he’s even a stand up guy, paid me when we had our X-Men vs Winter Soldier bet. I spoke to him a few times early last year, but since then he’s gone ghost.

Celtic I only had one argument with before he got the boot. I didn’t really mind him either though. Both guys made the movie section pretty damn fun though and it looks like WWEJedi is a worthy successor.

I don't want to be pessimistic about this film, because that's WWEjedi's mission now, but I honestly think this film will be very similar to MOS, so those who did not liked it, probably won't like a lot of things in this film. I expect the Bruce Wayne flashback scene or scenes to be melodramatic, especially the ones about his parents' death...but peole might give it a pass because it's Batman, so who knows? Do you like any of Snyder's films? Because the only one I really like is MOS, but his track record isn't very good, critically speaking, which is why I don't expect this film to get great reviews. I expect low 70% on RT at best.

I enjoyed 300 when it first came out, but after watching a few more times recently I realized its not as good as I had originally thought, I still think its pretty good though, and I thought Watchmen was decent, but like MOS, a lot of the melodrama and acting hurt the movie a lot for me. I only watched the Dawn of Dead remake once in theaters, so I can’t remember if I enjoyed it or not, but yea, thats about it for me, the rest of his work I’m not a fan of.

Regarding Nam, he was basically my introduction into the movie section, I think his motto at the time was “destroy noobs” or something like that :lol

I always thought he was funny though, and he’s even a stand up guy, paid me when we had our X-Men vs Winter Soldier bet. I spoke to him a few times early last year, but since then he’s gone ghost.

Celtic I only had one argument with before he got the boot. I didn’t really mind him either though. Both guys made the movie section pretty damn fun though and it looks like WWEJedi is a worthy successor.

he paid you? how much?

Only 10 bucks, and he sure took his time, but I didn’t really expect him to pay :lol

We were working on another bet but then he went M.I.A.

He, a worthy successor of Nam? Bros, you haven't been paying attention.

Anyway, Hey Prince and Pturtle, if you could choose between having the DCEU as is, or have it MCU style, what would you have?

Back