Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Man of Steel 2 (Superman/Batman--Official title to be confirmed)

Nope....

It was discussed ad nauseum when Avengers came out (before you joined the forums). Not sure where it is now, but feel free to PM TheMike and he'll be more than happy to fill you in about WB basically fingerpointing and laughing at Marvel stating the combined cinematic universe would never work, which is why they never did it. Or... stay ignorant, but either way, you're wrong.

I don't know about WBs official stance, but right before Avengers dropped Nolan was very vocal that "his" Batman would never share a Universe with Superman.

I don't know about WBs official stance, but right before Avengers dropped Nolan was very vocal that "his" Batman would never share a Universe with Superman.

Which is why I maintain that Nolan's Batman universe was built on an unsustainable, faulty premise. WB should have sucked it up and got someone who actually cared about comic books, and made something that was going to last. Who's pretentious enough to think they can end The Goddamned Batman in 3 films? :slap

It was discussed ad nauseum when Avengers came out (before you joined the forums). Not sure where it is now, but feel free to PM TheMike and he'll be more than happy to fill you in about WB basically fingerpointing and laughing at Marvel stating the combined cinematic universe would never work, which is why they never did it. Or... stay ignorant, but either way, you're wrong.

So I suppose you can't be arsed with sending me a PM with an article where a DC member was finger pointing and laughing at Marvel's CU and was stating how a shared universe would never work while stating they hoped the Avengers would fail...

Until then, nope.

Yep. DC Cinematic Universe sucks, and will always suck.

Yep. DC Cinematic Universe sucks, and will always suck.

Dv5e5.gif

Honestly wb must be stupid to think a superman and batman movie wouldn't work. Come on this movie should of been done years ago!

Honestly wb must be stupid to think a superman and batman movie wouldn't work. Come on this movie should of been done years ago!

It really should've. There were scripts abound. There was even a teaser for it in I Am Legend that got fanboys excited for Bale and Routh (despite Routh's lack-luster Returns). But it wasn't and they didn't want to do it because they didn't think it would work. Then Marvel comes along with a *****slap, and now they're playing catch-up trying to shoehorn Batman into the Superman sequel and Flash announced (zzzzzzzzz) to fast-track a JL movie.

It really should've. There were scripts abound. There was even a teaser for it in I Am Legend that got fanboys excited for Bale and Routh (despite Routh's lack-luster Returns). But it wasn't and they didn't want to do it because they didn't think it would work. Then Marvel comes along with a *****slap, and now they're playing catch-up trying to shoehorn Batman into the Superman sequel and Flash announced (zzzzzzzzz) to fast-track a JL movie.

:slap:slap:slap

Its really a damn shame. B&R even mentioned superman.:lol

:slap:slap:slap

Its really a damn shame. B&R even mentioned superman.:lol

Yes, and let's not forget the fact that they spent 7 years and millions of dollars making a Batman franchise that completely disavowed the existence of the rest of the DC Universe, not to mention essentially killing Batman in the end.

Yeah - damn shame.

THAT would've been THE World's Finest right there. :lecture

One has to wonder if that had happened, would Reeve have ever had his accident. Working on World's Finest films would've likely kept him too busy to compete on horseback (which he started in '89).

Back