Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Man of Steel 2 (Superman/Batman--Official title to be confirmed)

Which is why I think they won't keep up this pace of consistent hits.....spreading themselves too thin beyond Avengers sequels which will get top priority...success does this...especially in Hollywood

That's why I'm glad they've sort of put a limit on what they'll be producing. I think trading heroes (like they did with Iron Man and Ant Man), is a good way to introduce new heroes into the franchise without diluting resources indefinitely. It's easier to bounce back from a mediocre flop like The Incredible Hulk, than it would be a total box office bomb.

I'm not arguing for it. If they ever crossover with X-Men, it will probably be a new iteration, IE a reboot of the MCCU, as detailed in my previous post. Ideally, reboot or not, the best way to cross them over would be to develop the franchises independently before crossing over, rather than introducing them as new characters in the crossover film itself. Of course, Marvel already knows this, as it is their current practice.

Honestly, there's enough in the X-franchise to have their own mixed universe and do exactly what Marvel's doing with Avengers. They've got X-Men, Deadpool, X-Factor, X-Force, Excaliber, etc. Plenty of franchises within the single franchise to milk quite a while. Hell, they can even incorporate the Fantastic Four with an Onslaught movie.

Along the same lines, Sony could easily do the same if they get off their butts and stop making lame remakes of the Raimi flicks and introduce the symbiotes. I think Venom could easily hold his own in a solo film, or even series if they went with the Thompson Venom. Introduce Carnage and Brock ask AntiVenom and you've got enough story there for Venom to handle while Spidey battles the more predominant villains of his books (The goblins, Kraven, Mysterio, Scorpion, etc.). Then have a team-up for Sinister Six.

william shatner as alfred? I certainly would not mind.

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

:lol

You're probably right, I'd want a more classic version of Alfred.

With the film now planning a Michigan shoot, Zack Snyder's still-untitled Superman/Batman film is racing through pre-production.

“One of the things that has been fun for us," screenwriter David S. Goyer tells The Associated Press (via Comic Book Therapy), "is we’re a bit a further along than what I think people realize."

The Man of Steel sequel is already set to feature the return of Henry Cavill, Amy Adams, Diane Lane and Laurence Fishburne with Ben Affleck making his debut as Batman/Bruce Wayne. Although Affleck's casting last month set internet message boards on fire, Goyer notes that it's important to not be swayed by fan criticism.

"From a fan point of view, we’re conscious of that when you’re working on these things, but you can’t let yourself be paralyzed by that," he says. "At the end of the day, you still have to create something. And if you try and think, ‘Well what would the fans like?’ then you stop being creative. It’s sort of like, 'Where does it end?' You have to write the story that you want to write, and hope that people want to see it.”

So who does Goyer side with when and if it comes down to the Dark Knight and the Man of Steel going mano a mano?

“Most comic book purists would say Batman," he says, "because he is the ultimate strategist. Even though it makes no sense whatsoever. If Superman just flicked his finger, Batman would be done for.”

Batman/Superman hits the big screen July 17, 2015.

Read more about:BatmanSuperman

https://dc-comics-and-audrey-hepburn.wikia.com/wiki/World's_Finest_Movie

If there's any truth to that article, it just goes to show you what a ****ing trainwrech WB is regarding the DC license and gives me little hope that things have changed. :lol

Wow...Tom Cruise....they really don't know what they're doing. I guess Ben Affleck is not the worst they could have done. I'm not saying Tom Cruise is awful, he's probably better that Affleck but how could you see anyone other than Tom Cruise on the screen? Same with Affleck? And they were going to bring back Clooney? I could get on board with that and he at least recognized that it needed to be darker but then they bring back Joel Schumacher? Seriously??

As much as I like Keaton in the role, it would have been tough to negotiate the 6-7 inch height differential between him and Reeve. Batman would look like a kid in costume next to CR. :lol

It would have been a challenge, but given the right treatment I could have worked. Woulda loved to have seen them city swap!

Wow...Tom Cruise....they really don't know what they're doing. I guess Ben Affleck is not the worst they could have done. I'm not saying Tom Cruise is awful, he's probably better that Affleck but how could you see anyone other than Tom Cruise on the screen? Same with Affleck? And they were going to bring back Clooney? I could get on board with that and he at least recognized that it needed to be darker but then they bring back Joel Schumacher? Seriously??

Yeah, I think Clooney not only personified the playboy aspect, but also looked good in the cowl. The hack director and **** script were the main problems with B&R, and the head-wobble was the only issues I had with him, personally, as Batman.

He did the Clooney head wobble as Batman? Damn, what a giveaway.

That production history synopsis is a straight up lie. Someone just edited that.

As much as I like Keaton in the role, it would have been tough to negotiate the 6-7 inch height differential between him and Reeve. Batman would look like a kid in costume next to CR. :lol

It would have been a challenge, but given the right treatment I could have worked. Woulda loved to have seen them city swap!

It's going to be like a 4" difference between Batman and Superman which I think is weird. A batman that's taller than superman?

It's going to be like a 4" difference between Batman and Superman which I think is weird. A batman that's taller than superman?

That's the first thing I thought of when I heard Affleck was cast.

Batman and Superman Have a Despicable Problem

Before Ben Affleck's Batman and Henry Cavill's Superman square off the weekend of July 17, 2015, both will have to contend with minions. Despicable, yellow, remarkably profitable minions.

Earlier this month, Comcast's (NASDAQ: CMCSA ) Universal Studios moved back the open date for its next entry in the Despicable Me franchise to July 10, 2015. That's summer tentpole territory and an open weekend, but it also comes during what may be the biggest comic-book summer ever.

Walt Disney (NYSE: DIS ) kicks things off that May with The Avengers: Age of Ultron. A reboot of the Terminator franchise arrives on July 1, followed by Minions, then "Batman vs. Superman," and finally Ant-Man on July 31. Not good for Disney and Time Warner (NYSE: TWX ) shareholders, especially when Illumination's cute troublemakers have a history of drawing family audiences.

If there's good news here, it's that comic-book adaptations have taken a harder edge of late. Both Ant-Man and the DC's Big Two could appeal to older, action-oriented audiences who already came out for Man of Steel, which earned more than $600 million worldwide.

Or that could be wishful thinking. Despicable Me 2, which already ranks among the top-grossing animated films of all time, made The Lone Ranger irrelevant here in the United States. Domestic audiences also stayed away from the giant robots-vs.-giant monsters epic, Pacific Rim.

If I had to guess, I'd bet on Minions to outperform as the superheroes fight among themselves for a greater share of the moviegoing audience. What your take? Are you betting on Disney and Time Warner stock to outperform ahead of 2015's superhero summer? Let us know what you think in the comments box below.

Back