Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Man of Steel 2 (Superman/Batman--Official title to be confirmed)

Can't believe the overwhelming reaction to what I consider to be the worst news we've gotten in a decade regarding comic movies. This is just terrible. I want Superman stand alone movies. I want a Batman where he fights his villains in Gotham.

**** this news.

You know, I kinda like this viewpoint. This announcement seems like a ploy to get in on the cash cow that is shaping up to be 2015. Granted, I want to see a Superman/Batman mashup like everybody else. But this is too soon. I liked Snyder's touch but I want more Supes stories first.Then get on with the mashups. Hope I am proven wrong.

Could be good if it steers clear of the pre-pubescent *** reel that Marvel films has cornered.

Yup, same here.

I had no idea who Cavill was and he worked perfectly.

Same with Reeve, same with Keaton, same with Bale, same with Ledger. Well, I actually knew who the last three were prior to the Batman films release (I saw Beetlejuice, I saw American Psycho, I saw the Patriot, etc.) but they weren't the obvious choice that the fans were clamoring for.

These movies show that the unexpected underdog is usually the one that turns out the best instead of the obvious choice. I prefer unknowns.

Wasn't Bale a big fan favourite on the Internet to play Batman? I didn't know at the time, was amazed when it was announced he was playing him as I was a huge fan of his since American Psycho, but I've since read that apparently it was all over the Internet that people were saying he should play the part.

I totally agree with you though, an unknown would be best. Someone who doesn't come with any baggage.

Jon Hamm doesn't have a lot of baggage. Most folks who know him will probably be older people who've seen him on Mad Men, and, even then, he's still relatively under the radar.

Jon Hamm doesn't have a lot of baggage. Most folks who know him will probably be older people who've seen him on Mad Men, and, even then, he's still relatively under the radar.

Too well known. No Hamm.

Hamm could have worked as a period Clark Kent/Superman, but I don't see him as a contemporary Batman.

Yeah, I always thought he'd make a better Superman personally but that chance is gone.

Cavill is short. Like 6'1. So traditionally speaking they now need to restrict themselves from actors taller than that which leaves Hamm out. Unless they give Cavill lifts.

He's only like an inch taller. Just give him thinner soles on his boots.:lol Jesus, I never understood why Superman needs to be the tallest dude. What's the guy got to compensate for? He can bench press planets for Chris' sake.:lol

He's only like an inch taller. Just give him thinner soles on his boots.:lol Jesus, I never understood why Superman needs to be the tallest dude. What's the guy got to compensate for? He can bench press planets for Chris' sake.:lol

Fine, Dinklage for Superman.

Hey, why not. :lol

Dinklage should play every member of the justice league.

You're forgetting about the ears. If he starts out an inch shorter and then add the ears...

I could dig it. Dinklage is a badass. Superman is a badass. As "The Man" would say, "'Nuff said.":lol

He should play Lois Lane too.

In all seriousness, Dinklage would kick *** as Luthor.

You're forgetting about the ears. If he starts out an inch shorter and then add the ears.

Still, Batman doesn't naturally have ears sprouting out of the top of his head. It's not like they're eye level, and he's looking from the tops of them. They're just there to enhance his silhouette. If the argument was that Batman can only be as tall as Superman, with the ears, the Batman would be one short mutha****ah.:lol

Back