Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Man of Steel 2 (Superman/Batman--Official title to be confirmed)

Executive Producer, similar to the role in MOS.

So I wonder what previously used story this will be based on.

Begins = Blade Runner
TDK = Heat
Inception = every James Bond movie
TDKR = Tale of Two Cities
MOS = the Christ myth
Superman Vs. Batman = ?

Bomer being Gay shouldn't matter for ****. He can play a straight man, he's been doing it his whole career

Bomer would be a good choice. HOWEVER, he won't get it for the same purported reason he didn't get Superman.

Plus, we have enough "Batman is gay" jokes already. It flat out won't happen, sadly.

That will have no bearing on it. Bomer didn't get Superman because he is gay, he didn't get it because the director changed and wanted to start fresh. Neil Patrick Harris can play "straight" and no one flinches, this will have no bearing either.

Bomer being Gay shouldn't matter for ****. He can play a straight man, he's been doing it his whole career

Agreed. There are plenty of actors/actresses who play straight who are gay and vice versa without people blinking an eye. No one will care if Bomer plays a good Bruce Wayne/Batman. In fact, DC/WB would play the hell out of it, doing press, etc because it'll be a focus of the media and bring people out to see if he can play the character well.

I agree. Unfortunately, for as progressive as society claims to be, it won't happen. Nerds will pretend it doesn't matter to them, but it will. It'll become a big deal on the talk shows. The news shows will follow suit. The talking heads will make it into a social issue. It will snowball.

EDIT: I fully agree with you, Mike. What I'm saying is that while it might be good P.R. initially, it would be turned into a social issue by people who are paid to inflame the public opinion. Hell, I remember a backlash when it was announced Superman was being played by a British guy. Do you really think that it wouldn't become a headline issue on Fox News? And NPH isn't playing Batman. He's playing an over-the-top parody of a heterosexual male. Apples and oranges.

That's not necessarily a bad thing. Similar in some aspects to Ledger's death around TDK. It was a media circus with people talking about things that had nothing really to do with the film. It brought people out who might have not seen the film otherwise.

This would work the same, I can see Fox News "Should Batman be Gay?" despite the character not being written or played that way or NPR applauding Warner Bros and DC Comics despite again it having nothing to do with the character.

It won't affect the decision of Snyder and Nolan, it certainly didn't stop WB/DC from putting Bomer in as the voice of Superman already. It's a moot point, IMHO.

It's entirely possible. I guess you could say I have a cynical view of America and what the public will accept. I live in Texas, after all. I don't have much faith.

Goyer and Snyder writing the story this movie is going to suck.

Forgive me if you have already seen this, but I thought it was funny and wanted to share.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjSNLmb0Ndw&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

I think the general public would react more negatively to Batman being portrayed as a gay character than they would react to Batman being portrayed by a gay actor. There are tons of gay actors who are accepted and embraced in straight roles.

People have a way of separating what happens on and off screen. See Woody Allen, Roman Polanski, Mel Gibson, Tom Cruise, etc. LOTR did just fine with McKellen as Gandalf and I don't know anybody who refused to see it because of the sexual orientation of the actor playing the part. People loved him in the role regardless of their feelings about his personal life.

Now, ask the general public to go and see Brokeback Mountain and you'll get a mixed reaction, because that's not personal/behind the scenes stuff--it's actually putting the gay themes and characters front and center. But if it's not part of the story, most people don't care what the actors do on the weekend.

McKellan hit on Fassbender today at the X-Men panel and it got a laugh.

Gay doesn't matter for the actor, but yea I don't want a gay actual Batman on screen like ever. He and Ra's Al Ghul adopting little Damian togeather while he takes in little boys to help him fight crime. **** no.

Not thrilled about this news. Not only does batman invade every forum like a virus, he is now invading the MOS sequel. Couldn't they have had one more superman standalone sequel before giving the bats supporting role screen time....

I really liked MoS and was looking forward to a sequel, definitely wasn't expecting a worlds finest movie :(

I guess 600 mil plus wasn't enough to earn kal'el another solo gig!

According to Grant Morrison the character of Batman is very, very homosexual. https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/26/batman-gay-grant-morrison-superhero-comics_n_1456878.html

tumblr_m74i2cplGs1qgecupo1_500.gif

I don't know. He could be. Who cares. Why does muscle mass, their sex and hair style matter to comic book fans so much? :lol

God, I hope you never make a movie.

I can't wait until I have a chance ruin everything you love.

I think Hollywood has beat you to everything. We'll see if that Blade Runner sequel pans out.

Yawn @ franchise.DC is trying everything to keep up with Marvel in the movie World.

I think Hollywood has beat you to everything. We'll see if that Blade Runner sequel pans out.

No one has made a live action action packed summer blockbuster version of the Teletubbies. So. I always have to fall back on.

Back