Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Now who should play Shazam?

IMO John Cena totally looks the part, but I have no idea if he has the necessary acting chops, plus, I don't know if having 2 wrestlers as leads could work.

Cena sucks :lol How about Joe Manganiello?
Thats the guy from True Blood right? He's pretty big too and isn't a bad actor. He would've been better as Adam though, he has this look. Hope they don't get someone like Channing (though he would be able to do the kid in a man's body thing quite well)

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

Now who should play Shazam?

IMO John Cena totally looks the part, but I have no idea if he has the necessary acting chops, plus, I don't know if having 2 wrestlers as leads could work.

John Cena should star in the reboot of this:

thunder.jpg

Sorry, thought we were aspiring to proper cinema as opposed to trash talentless wrestlers acting the same in every single movie but with different set of duds.
My bad. Wonderful news we have the Rock staring as a new superhero. Woohoo! How awesome. It just like totally rocks and kicks all kinds of ass.

:lol

I still think the Rock would have been a decent Bane. If only Nolan wasn't such a la-di-da prig.

Yup, unfortunately Nolan wanted a muffled midget with a jockstrap over his mouth.

John Cena should star in the reboot of this:

View attachment 131243

Cena = Hogan 2.0 :lol

Sorry, thought we were aspiring to proper cinema as opposed to trash talentless wrestlers acting the same in every single movie but with different set of duds.
My bad. Wonderful news we have the Rock staring as a new superhero. Woohoo! How awesome. It just like totally rocks and kicks all kinds of ass.

Last time I checked we were discussing a superhero movie, not the next artsy fartsy monotone drama with pre-Oscar buzz, starring Hollywoods most pretentious B-listers. :lol

Last edited:

That's the spirit!

Last time I checked we were discussing a superhero movie, not the next artsy fartsy monotone drama with pre-Oscar buzz, starring Hollywoods most pretentious B-listers.

:lol:lol:lol:lol

Lets hope that WB came to their senses and all future DC movies will be comic-booky.

Yup, unfortunately Nolan wanted a muffled midget with a jockstrap over his mouth.

Cena = Hogan 2.0 :lol

Last time I checked we were discussing a superhero movie, not the next artsy fartsy monotone drama with pre-Oscar buzz, starring Hollywoods most pretentious B-listers. :lol

Remind me not to attend one of your "movie nights".

And regarding Bane, Nolan may have indeed muffled the midget, but said midget at least has some talent.

I hope Shazam's movie is something like the DC showcase.

I'd hope for something like this too. Tho the scene with Billy wanting to kill Adam yet stopped by Superman's "show him you're stronger, be good" wouldn't work in the same universe where Superman is a cry baby who snaps necks :monkey3

The Capt Marvel and Black Adam fight I want to see on the screen.

Miracleman15.jpg

One of the best illustrated comic books....

Remind me not to attend one of your "movie nights".

And regarding Bane, Nolan may have indeed muffled the midget, but said midget at least has some talent.

No worries. You've made it clear you don't enjoy the concept of "fun." :nana:

I saw absolutely ZERO talent portrayed in Bane. Maybe the scene where he cries when he discovers he's dying a virgin, but realistically, they could've been blowing chemicals in his face to illicit that response. There was more "talent" in Talia's death scene than all of Bane's screentime. :lol

The acting ability of that hand drawn character far exceeds anything The Rock could accomplish.

So I take it you've never seen Gridiron Gang? Before seeing that I thought he'd only be good for the comedic cameos and mindless action roles. But that showed there's definitely some ability. He just needs the right role to showcase it.

The guys' got charisma, screen presence and is a natural showman. So long as he chooses his roles wisely, he can make Ah-nuld bank.

Rock will be fine in this role. He's easily the equal to Cavill or Affleck in the acting department, anyway. But as per usual with WB/DC, the acting talent isn't what worries me.

Back