Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Superman Batman Crossover Film

Don't write the film's screenplay/script as a "sorta kinda Man of Steel" sequel then. Write it as a Batman/Superman story.

It is possible to write a cohesive, singular story that doesn't rely on origins or a perceived canon. I think a lot of people have forgotten that. I like the idea of just diving into a story without building up a surrounding world. Let the world of the film and characters speak for themselves. Yeah, it worked great with Marvel and Avengers, but this isn't Marvel or Avengers.

Do I need to see a new Bruce Wayne's parents die and see why he becomes Batman for the hundredth time to understand his motivations and character? No, I don't think so.

One thing i would like for Batman is for him not to be a depressive bore like Bale and previous ones. By no means Campy Clooney, but make him at least not so miserable

My kids don't like Batman. They say he's boring. I showed them this picture to prove them wrong:

the-dark-knight-rises-christian-bale-michael-caine-beard-cane.jpg

Look how much fun those guys are having! That kind of sheer joy is simply contagious.

Don't write the film's screenplay/script as a "sorta kinda Man of Steel" sequel then. Write it as a Batman/Superman story.

It is possible to write a cohesive, singular story that doesn't rely on origins or a perceived canon. I think a lot of people have forgotten that. I like the idea of just diving into a story without building up a surrounding world. Yeah, it worked great with Marvel and Avengers, but this isn't Marvel or Avengers.

Do I need to see a new Bruce Wayne's parents die and see why he becomes Batman for the hundredth time to understand his motivations and character? No, I don't think so.

Agreed. But David Goyer is involved..? And I have a feeling that's exactly what it would be, a sorta kinda semi sequel to MOS featuring Batman. And I wouldn't want the Batman reboot to be his origin story either, but I do think it would be more fitting if he had his own film first to establish his character.

They don't need a whole movie to establish him, just twenty minutes or so. look at Arkam Aslyum it dives in and you're immersed quickly.

I bet this will be exactly like Avengers, they'll spend the whole movie arguing, insulting and fighting each other then inexplicably work together as best buddies at the end :lol

Agreed. But David Goyer is involved..? And I have a feeling that's exactly what it would be, a sorta kinda semi sequel to MOS featuring Batman. And I wouldn't want the Batman reboot to be his origin story either, but I do think it would be more fitting if he had his own film first to establish his character.

Yeah, that's true. I just saw that Goyer will be writing if this thing is a done deal.

Jeez, isn't there anyone else in Hollywood that can write these guys other than ****ing David Goyer?

I wish Warner Bros. would just say **** it and hire a talented writer to make a Batman/Superman film that doesn't rely on any previous movies. Just jump right into a compelling story and hire the directors and actors that fit that story.

Would anyone have complained if Batman Begins never existed in 2005 and, hypothetically speaking, the Dark Knight just came out in 2008, just as it was? Would it have been bad seeing no explanation of Bruce, the League of Shadows, Ra's, etc. and we as the audience just viewed and judged "another" Batman story that depicts Batman trying to take down the mob and the Joker? I doubt it, people would have still eaten it up.

Why do all these movies have to be episodic, like sequential canon? Why can't you just jump into a world with a great story and characters. Successful, one shot graphic novels like the Dark Knight Returns, a Killing Joke, etc. do this all the time. Unique films jump into a world and story all the time without the need of prequels. I just don't get it.

My kids don't like Batman. They say he's boring. I showed them this picture to prove them wrong:

the-dark-knight-rises-christian-bale-michael-caine-beard-cane.jpg

Look how much fun those guys are having! That kind of sheer joy is simply contagious.

Same with Superman! I wonder what he's doing here?
22.jpg

He so happy!

They are going to have to introduce a new Batman at this point. There can be no Nolan continuity with Bale's Bruce/Batman retired/presumed dead and living in Italy.

Do they spend a bunch of time explaining why the new Bruce is alive again, or do they just ignore the last three and go for it like recasting James Bond after Connery?

Same with Superman! I wonder what he's doing here?

He so happy!

To be fair, Reeve had moments where he looked like he was distressed and in agony.

Keaton never smiled as Batman and was darker and more ****ed in the head than Bale. He always had that serious, grim dark, Dredd grimace going on.

EDIT:

Well yeah, I guess the Keaton Batman smiled a few times when I think about it. But do sadistic, "you ****ed with the wrong guy" smiles count as happy? I don't think so.

Bale was happy too when he was swimming with ladies in a hotel fountain.

Cavill was happy when, uh, I guess when Lois said that it's an "S" and he smugly said to his mom "nobody can **** with me".

Yeah, he wishes his film was as good and was shocked that Stark beat him critically and financially with his success.

Hope they don't make Superman the "bad guy" for Mr. Batman to righteously subdue

It should be the other way around, like Dark Knight Returns.

Make Superman the boy scout and Batman the guy that nobody likes, like Dirty Harry.

:lol....I just wanted to get into a good old fashioned Nerd Movie Rumble.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZT1Qm2LuB_g[/ame]

Back