Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nahhh, he's entitled to his way of doing things, whom am I to judge.

I certainly think it's ludicrous but at the end of the day, his loss.

Now I can just bust his balls even more. :lol

Batman looked great in the shadows while in Lex's cell.

It reminded me of the scene in Batman Forever when Riddler's face and head are all mutilated and Batman's like "I'm not Batman because I have to be, but because I choose to be" and then he leans in and Riddler starts freaking out seeing that bat image that Bruce Wayne saw as a kid.

Hell yeah. But him not branding Lex is one of the few things that bugged me about the movie. It reminded me "oh yeah, that's Superman's villain, got to maintain status quo." Imagine if Aldo Raine carved his masterpiece into the dirt next to Landa's head. Wouldn't have felt right, especially with the prior foreshadowing. Oh well. It was still a cool scene overall, that bit just stuck out.

Oh ****, are you me?!

Is it possible that Suicide Squad takes place before Man of Steel and Batman v Superman? Seems like the events of Man of Steel really broke Bruce Wayne. I'm under the impression that he didn't start killing or branding enemies until BvS because Alfred seems taken back and shocked when he sees the news article in the paper about the branding. That's when he has his cruel speech. Sounds to me like the old Batman didn't do this kind of stuff. Maybe aliens parred with the death of his parents and the death of Robin finally pushed him over the edge and that's why Joker is still out there. Or maybe Joker finally bites it at Batman's hands in Suicide Squad?

I loved the branding bit by the way. That was a new element to Batman that's never existed before that I thought was refreshing. Made complete sense to me when you consider the fact that Bruce Wayne was walking out of The Mark of Zorro when his parents die. Zorro is obviously the inspiration for Batman. Zorro has the money, the dual identities, the cave, the "Batmobile" (Tornado) and now, the mark of Batman with the branding. I was amused by that comment that those guys are marked for life and are probably going to be killed in prison because they bear the bat insignia. The movie was bland in a lot of parts, but that jumped out at me and I actually cringed at that thought. It's a genuinely good idea, so kudos to whoever thought it up

Too bad about Eisenberg though. Missed oppurtunity not having Batman brand his newly shaved head considering I doubt we ever see this Luthor on screen again. I knew for months about Batman sneaking into Lex's cell and not branding him, but I've always imagined a better moment where Batman does it Inglorious Basterds style. Would have been great.

This pathetic version of Luthor deserved it.

I actually did think of Edward Nygma flapping his sleeves like Wile E. Coyote when Lex was talking silly with his face against the bars at the end. :lol Not because it was a poor scene, Eisenberg was just a skinny little dude like Carrey was. I also had a slight Alien:Resurrection "Newborn" flashback when Doomsday was being born. :lol Still liked him too though!

it would have been an incredible reveal if they didn't put doomsday in the trailer. i think everyone would have freaked out, I cant believe they did that.

If there was no suited WW or Doomsday in the trailers I can't even imagine how joyous the nerdgasm would have been when both surprises occurred after the Bats/Supes duel.

If there was no suited WW or Doomsday in the trailers I can't even imagine how joyous the nerdgasm would have been when both surprises occurred after the Bats/Supes duel.

yeah, that was a really big missed opportunity to freak everyone out, both nerds and general audience. the shock alone would have made critics maybe be more forgiving.

I don't get how Snyder can literally copy and paste images from the comics in all his films, yet he gave us a generic looking Doomsday. He was growing the spikes, but Superman had to kill him.....you know what? I'm blaming Hopeman for that too. :lol

I thought everyone calling doomsday a cave troll was just a joke, and I knew what he looked like in the trailers

But when he comes out of the pod he literally looks like a cave troll. I couldn't believe it, I know people still use it like a joke but he really did belong in lord of the rings

U2's was better.

I heard Peter Jackson had some input and convinced Zach Snyder to go with that final design.

Also good song.

They certainly blew it!

I don't get how Snyder can literally copy and paste images from the comics in all his films, yet he gave us a generic looking Doomsday. He was growing the spikes, but Superman had to kill him.....you know what? I'm blaming Hopeman for that too. :lol

:lol

yeah, that was a really big missed opportunity to freak everyone out, both nerds and general audience. the shock alone would have made critics maybe be more forgiving.

I thought everyone calling doomsday a cave troll was just a joke, and I knew what he looked like in the trailers

But when he comes out of the pod he literally looks like a cave troll. I couldn't believe it, I know people still use it like a joke but he really did belong in lord of the rings

:lol YUP.

And then imagine the instant disappointment when you see this

W982SdR.jpg

Instead of this ^^

They didn't even give DD the bone goatee...which would make sense for him to have one since Zod had a goatee :dunno

Back