Batman Poll ES

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What you rather SideShow say for the ES of Batman PF?

• Limited Edition

Votes: 9 33.3%
  • 5,557/9,500

Votes: 18 66.7%

• Total voters
Not sure what the problem with that is. Just wait until the day it costs $10 if the piece has no monetary value. Problem solved.

I been picking up alot of SS WETA LOTR pieces dirt cheap. Especially the over produced ones. The Batman PF is high, but SS is still good with their ES on most products. If every PF was 10,000 it would be a different story.

IMO, Edition size means nothing to me. Because the Joker had a small ES I had to pay after market price. I would rather there be plenty to go around and have an incredible piece on my shelf, than to miss it because they made 500 and not be able to afford it. That being said, my question to all is... Do you buy to enjoy the hobby and have these pieces of art to look at in your homes? Or do you buy them with the thought that someday you will become rich? If it is the latter, then this is not a hobby but a buisness, and IMO not very fun at all.

Its not about being Rich...Theres tons of awesome Batman Statues. Of cousres the true Batman fans have them. Collectors collect weather it be Art, Stamps etc. because they love the piece and yes...it may be worth something. Theres nothing wrong in wanting a low edition. Sideshow does a good job with editon sizes. But if every piece was an ES of 10,000 I dont think they would be as successful. But when ppl say edition size dosent matter I think its a load of crap. Yes, there are some that don't care about ES, but for those who want Low Editions, theres nothing wrong with that.

I would not begrudge anyone who preferred smaller editions. The only time they're a problem for me is when it becomes impossible to get something within days after it's released. I understand the problem with falling prices after release. If so many are produced that I can get something for significantly less down the road, I would rather not pay full retail. But, my main objective is acquisition. Once that's taken care of, my sole concern is enjoying what I bought.

I would not begrudge anyone who preferred smaller editions. The only time they're a problem for me is when it becomes impossible to get something within days after it's released. I understand the problem with falling prices after release. If so many are produced that I can get something for significantly less down the road, I would rather not pay full retail. But, my main objective is acquisition. Once that's taken care of, my sole concern is enjoying what I bought.

:goodpost: Totally Agree!

Oh no, ES discussions again? lol

ES doesn't matter to me personally. If the piece (statue, figure, or art) is worth the price to own, then I will pay it. I collect for my self (and other's) enjoyment. Not to flip or sell.

That being said. I do not hate on collectors that value a low ES. People collect for different reasons and I for one respect that. :peace

Its not about being Rich...Theres tons of awesome Batman Statues. Of cousres the true Batman fans have them. Collectors collect weather it be Art, Stamps etc. because they love the piece and yes...it may be worth something. Theres nothing wrong in wanting a low edition. Sideshow does a good job with editon sizes. But if every piece was an ES of 10,000 I dont think they would be as successful. But when ppl say edition size dosent matter I think its a load of crap. Yes, there are some that don't care about ES, but for those who want Low Editions, theres nothing wrong with that.

I never said that those who want a low ES are in any way wrong. All I said was I prefer that there be enough of the pieces to go around. Again I ask the question. Do you collect because you like it and have fun? Or do you do it for the money? BTW, edition size does not matter to me.

I m a selfish person as i do not wish for the world to have the same statue as me and when the time comes I can flip my statue for big bucks!

Back