Premium Format Batman Modern Age Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice to hear the cloth holds up so well. I have always been worried the cloth comes off batman and you have a big naked statue...lol

Finally picked this up and WOW it's so awesome. Question: Is this the armpit issue, and anyone else magnet weak for this head? The other switch out head is pretty strong compared to this one.

20160927_191804.jpg

20160927_191626.jpg

The issue is more pronounced on the black and Grey but is blown way out of proportion. You're looks fine.

On that same modern head you're showing, the magnet on mine is not so strong, but doesn't fall off easy either. That's just the way it is. My other head is a little stronger. I believe this issue was brought up pages back and even if they send you another head, I don't believe there will be much difference. I would just keep this statue high so curious hands won't touch that head and knock it over.

Hey Guys,

I finally got to see this magnificent piece in hand! was a disaster waiting to happen!
IMG_8329.jpgIMG_8330.jpg
I was made redundant and out of job for a long time...since i didn't have a permanent address being an expat in Middle east, I asked sideshow to hold the final patent and delivery..though i wanted it badly the job situation and other issues prevented me from getting it..had to exit country..meanwhile i missed asking sideshow for another extension and my card was charged and the statue shipped!!!

it arrived at an old address..the people there held it for me..i got back to the country a couple of days back! picked up my package.. and opened it..
an amazing piece..i have just a couple statues, and my first sideshow piece!! i loved it..and the portrait with the long ears my favourite!

while i was busy admiring it, the table moved a bit and the head fell off..and broke!!! both the ears!!! IM in shock! and in terrible pain :(

guys is there a way this can be fixed?? !!! A year's wait..hard earned cash! and took a minute to all come crashing down! will really appreciate any inputs on this..

I'd email SS first. They may very well be able to help you out if you beg and plead nicely. Best of luck! I'd try that before attempting a repair.

I'd email SS first. They may very well be able to help you out if you beg and plead nicely. Best of luck! I'd try that before attempting a repair.

That'd be the way to go. The only problem is if the magnets are that weak on all of those portraits, this is just an accident waiting to happen again.

Have emailed Sideshow..hoping they work out something..and there is no magnet! if there is its super weak!

The magnet was very weak and the head fell off when i moved it and broke the tips of both ears. I had the head repaired and had the magnet replaced with a stronger one. Now it's perfect. The repair was done by John Ficci ([email protected]) who did a fantastic job.

Sorry to see and hear about the damage. Yeah, the magnet on this figure's headsculpts are weak (not sure if it's the same with the Black and grey version). The head on my MA Batman though seems to be tight on the sides as the sculpt is a little bigger on some spots compared to the indention on the cape, so it kinda holds on to it. Caused some scratches on the edges of the neck (which can't be seen once the head is properly placed), but makes the head more secure.

The magnet was very weak and the head fell off when i moved it and broke the tips of both ears. I had the head repaired and had the magnet replaced with a stronger one. Now it's perfect. The repair was done by John Ficci ([email protected]) who did a fantastic job.

Oh Great..ILl have to do that as well cos sideshow can't find a replacement..Thats what they told me!..
Unfortunately I'm out of job and not in the US, so will have to wait and see how to make it work! Breaks my heart everytimte I see the broken head! MY first sideshow piece..!! well!

Last edited:
Any time we use our surround sound I take the head off my MA Batman, afraid the vibrations will make it fall off.

Back